Ch.125 Drunk

“Pirate of Korean Sea: The Curse of the Black Swan” and “Cowgirl Story”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


@ krina_love : Sana is so kind, and I feel guilty for making her breakup with Mina.

@ jyp_stan : Maybe 3 chapters away?

@ Wivern : Bad one, of course. We need Nayeon to break down before the nine slaps scene.

CHAPTER 125 DRUNK




Nayeon spent the rest of the day in the sauna and spa. She got a full body massage, facial, manicure, pedicure, and such. It made her feel a little bit calmer.

She left the sauna a few minutes after the sun went down. Her body felt refreshed and relaxed. She bought pizza on her way home, thinking that she would be skipping dinner again tonight.

Upon arriving at her mansion, she went directly to her working room. She needed to check her to do list for tomorrow, and check what she had missed today. In front of her room, she met with Jennie and she received a glaring look from her evil cousin.

"Where have you been, Nayeon? Everyone is looking for you at the ranch." Jennie said.

Nayeon opened the door and entered, Jennie followed suit.

"Well, I figure I had to take a day out after what happened yesterday. And today was perfect because I didn't have any schedule-"

"I saw Mina coming today."

"Oh yeah, except her. But I'm sure she will understand." Nayeon said.

Jennie stood there for a moment. Just like Nayeon, Jennie was calm and reserved, and had a poker face. But she was also more than that. She was a master of mind games, psychological war, and seduction games. Jennie was manipulative, and she knew how to use charm and seduction to get people to do what she wanted. Nayeon, on the other hand, only used her brain and influence. The only time she used seduction method was when she tried to get Mina's attention, at the savannah, a few months ago.


Nayeon crossed her arms on her chest.

"Look, Jennie, why don't we just spill the tea? What do you want from me? Why did you do that with Jaebum? I know there's something more you want to pursue, other than just making him yours. What is it, Jennie? You want more money? Power? You want to get more power in this company by having Jaebum on your side and making him do what you want?"

Jennie's lips twitched a bit upon hearing those words. She realized Nayeon was much smarter than she thought.

"I know you, Jennie. I know you very well. You didn't make a move on Jaebum without a reason. And he is not your type."

Jennie smirked. "And what is my type?"

Nayeon thought for a moment. "Jongin. Sehun. Suho. And other boys you dated in our college. Jaebum is not your type."

"Oh, you don't know anything about my type. Let's just say I'm experimenting." Jennie said.

"You're experimenting with the wrong person. You know it's risky, but you still did that. I know you're not a fool, Jen. You only did that because you're after something. Power and influence. You want more people to support you in the company. And I've seen how you make your decision in our company. You are too ambitious."

"And you think you aren't?" Jennie frowned.

The CEO intensified her glare on Jennie. She was being very serious. "Well, yes, I am. But just like I have told you before, what drives my ambition is passion. I make a quality product for the quality product. You make a quality product for money. I try to preserve what our grandfather has built from scratch. You try to change it into something else that you see more profitable. And I cannot allow you to do that. Tck! Our grandfather will be crying from his grave if he sees this."

Jennie didn't say anything. Nayeon continued.

"And about Jaebum, I don't care if he's your type or not, you can take him. I never really loved him anyway. His parents and my mother forced me into this engagement. I have tried to love him but I can't. Now I'm happy it's over. And I see he's holding you so tender. I'm sure he loves you more than he loves me." Nayeon said.

"So you're going to tell Auntie? Nayeon, if you tell Auntie, I will spread your pictures to this whole town." Jennie asked.

"What? The pictures of me and Mina at the savannah? Go ahead. Spread it. There's nothing between us so why should I be afraid of your bluff? Noone will believe it anyway. You can't bluff me with that, Jennie." Nayeon tilted her head, trying to search for a sign of fear and anxiety in Jennie's eyes. This is a bluffing game. And Nayeon knew how to play this game.

Jennie smirked. She took a few steps closer to Nayeon. "Actually, I have one more card to play. And I just found it today."

"What is it?"

"You've manipulated the financial reports on your projects with Mina."

That one sentence put Nayeon into silence.

"I've checked the reports you sent to our shareholders. And I checked the ones you sent to your clients and suppliers. I compared it, the numbers are different." A devilish smile managed to break out from Jennie's lips.

Nayeom tried to remain calm.

"What you were doing is window dressing. You're manipulating your financial reports to make it more favorable in front of the stakeholders. The only unusual thing I notice here is that, you actually used your own money to cover up the loss in your projects with Mina. Noone is willing to use their own money to cover up for the loss of the company. Usually they will do the other way around, taking money from the company for their own advantage. What you’re doing is out of common sense. Do you really like Mina that much, Nayeonie?" Jennie smirked wider.

And the CEO could only curse in her mind. Jennie had a degree in finance and accounting, of course she would put a lot of attention to those details, especially if she saw something suspicious.

"Well, how about it, Nayeonie? You want me to spill this to our stakeholders? Those projects are not huge, they're just small projects. And you didn't actually gain advantage by doing that. But still, it will hurt your reputation. Think about it." Jennie said.

Nayeon paused for a moment, thinking.

"Okay. I won't tell my mother about you and Jaebum. And you two can stay here in this town to help me." She said with a sigh.

She hated to lose a game, moreover a bluffing game against her evil cousin, but this time Jennie had more weapons than her. And Nayeon realized, Jennie was a few steps ahead of her. Jennie had intentionally stalked her going with Mina to the savannah, mountain, and river. She had tried to search for Nayeon's weakness, by examining those reports on her projects with Mina. While Nayeon hadn't done anything to find Jennie's weakness. If it wasn't because of Mina sending those pictures of Jaebum and Jennie kissing, then Nayeon would have no card to play against Jennie. Nayeon was actually surprised to how Mina managed to get those pictures. And it never crossed the CEO's mind, to ever think about stalking and searching for someone's weakness and use it for blackmail. Nayeon only used her brain, power, and influence to make people do something. But she never thought of something as low as stalking someone and digging for their weakness in order to blackmail them. For Nayeon, those acts were low and despicable. But now she had become a victim to this despicable act brought by none other than her own cousin.


"Good. See you tomorrow at the office, Nay."

Jennie then left the room.



Nayeon stayed for an hour inside her working room, checking her to-do-list for tomorrow.

Not long after, Jihyo and Dahyun came to her room.

"Nayeon, I've heard what happened yesterday from Dahyun. About Jaebum and Jennie." Jihyo said with her eyes full of concern.

"Yeah. They're cheating on me. I'm cancelling our wedding." Nayeon said, vexed.

"Nay, I'm so sorry you have to go through this." Jihyo offered a hug, which Nayeon accepted.

Dahyun also came to hug her sisters. And the three of them were now having a group hug, something they rarely did recently.

"Unnie, if you want to talk to us, we're here for you. And we will do our best to help you." Dahyun said, and Nayeon couldn't help but feel touched upon seeing this. Dahyun at this time was also having problems on her own, keeping her relationship with Chaeyoung which had taken a huge damage after Jaebum and Nichkhun blackmailing them. But despite her problem, she still had time to think about Nayeon and offer her help to her. Nayeon felt extremely grateful to have them as her sisters.

"Thank you, Dub. I'm okay, really." Nayeon said smiling.

"What did Jaebum and Jennie say about this?" Jihyo asked.

"Well, they asked me not to tell our mother about this."

"And you agreed to them?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"I don't want any scandal."

"Tck! Unnie, you should've told eomma. That snake! I knew she's up to something no good for our family!" Dahyun spoke angrily, referring to her own cousin as a snake.

"And what are you gonna do with them, Nayeonie? Do you send them back to Seoul?" Jihyo asked.

"No."

"You mean they're still staying here?"

"Yes."

"Ugh! I can't stand them!" The youngest Im was seemingly losing her patience. She’s like the edgy teenager in the Im Family.

"Why didn't you send them away? Oh, I know, they're blackmailing you, right?" Jihyo asked.

Nayeon blinked, stunned.

"You are being blackmailed. Tell me, Nayeon, what do they use to blackmail you?" Jihyo asked.

The oldest Im was hesitating.

"Come on, tell us, Nayeon. Jennie already knew it and used it against you. There’s no use for keeping it secret from us anymore!" Jihyo said demandingly.

Nayeon racked her brain fast, trying to find something that can be satisfying as an answer. But she couldn't.

"I... uhh... I was manipulating my projects. I changed the numbers in the reports." Nayeon spilled the truth, though she left the part about those being Mina's projects.

Dahyun frowned. "You manipulated it? Why? Oh I know, they're not profitable, and you make it look like they brought for you and your shareholders, right?"

"Y-Yeah. Right."

Dahyun frowned again. "Are those your projects with Mina? Chaeyoung told me that Mina told her that some of her projects with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter