Ch.109 The Second Tournament (Part 3)

“Pirate of Korean Sea: The Curse of the Black Swan” and “Cowgirl Story”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

@ blank123 : Nayeon is unslappable here. No one dare to slap her. And Mina got slapped twice make you feel satisfied? Don't worry, she'll get nine in the future! She already got five so far. Three from Nayeon. Two from Sana. Momo and Jihyo would win IRL because they're the most fit and muscular, and also because of this Idol Room ep.26 (okay I'm just kidding for this one). One may also argue that Nayeon and Jeongyeon are strong fighters since they're expert in ssireum. While Tzuyu is the strongest in arm-wrestling. Mina is pretty strong and athletic too. Ballet dance and gymnastics need a lot of core strength. While Chaeyoung is a fast runner. And I'm sure Dahyun isn't really far behind. Sana is certainly the weakest (not saying it's a bad thing, she is so cute like that). Sana is me when it comes to sport LOL.

@ BludMoon_ & Allgreader & jyp_stan : Thank you for your bets.

@ krina_love : Yeah, of course Mina will have a black eye. Unfortunately there won't be any kiss and hug for Nayeon this time.

@ Hosana_to_highest : Once, Twice and Thrice are pronouns if it's about Kpop. But once, twice, and thrice are adverbs, it means two times (twice) and three times (thrice) as much. Which means, the pain I feel while writing this fic is two or three times fold than your pain while reading this. I guess it's the curse of being an author. All authors/writers are actually hurting much more than the readers when they write a painful chapter. And Nayeon here is the embodiment of the Author's mind. So, by torturing her I was actually torturing myself too. And oh, we're going to reach the 200th comment. Go give your comments again, girl! I will give you a kiss and a hug if you can fill the 200th spot in the comments section! LOL

@ Wivern : Tough choice eh? Tzuyu or Mina? Both are visual explosion. Let's hope they won't hurt each other much and ruin their faces in this fight.

@ michaeng091020 : You wish Mina lost? Why?



This fight will contain crack.

CHAPTER 109 THE SECOND TOURNAMENT (Part 3)




ROUND ONE.

Mina and Tzuyu took their stance inside the ring. Bouncing on their feet, they circled each others with their gloved fists raised in front of them.

Mina kept her distance safe from Tzuyu. Boxing isn't her specialty. Her strength lies on kicks, and it is not allowed in boxing. And with the height and weight difference between her and Tzuyu, Mina knew she had to be extra careful. Tzuyu had more brute strength and stamina, and she had longer limbs too, therefore she had a much broader range of attacks. The only advantage Mina had was her agility and fast reflex.



The two boxers kept circling each other for a minute, gauging the distance, tasting the waters. Then they started throwing a few quick jabs at each other. It was just a taunting jabs, and none of them hit the targets since they kept moving in and out of each other's reach.


Tzuyu decided to attack first. She closed their distance and began to throw more serious punches. Mina dodged them and moved away. She was in a defense mode.

Tzuyu chased again, sending a few more jabs with her left hand while still keeping her right hand in to guard herself. Tzuyu's jabs came fast and hard. Mina raised her arms to protect her face. Tzuyu punched harder. She managed to land a few hits on Mina. Mina pivoted back and strike with a right cross hook that landed perfectly on Tzuyu's face. Then they withdrew, taking a safe distance from each other again. Their feet were bouncing on the floor as they moved their body weight from one foot to another. And all the while, Momo kept following them and watching their movement closely.


"Tzuyu! Tzuyu! Tzuyu! Tzuyu!"

"Mina! Mina! Mina! Mina!"

Everyone in the room was cheering on their champions.


Tzuyu came and strike again with her full fists. She threw a powerful jab and Mina dodged away. Tzuyu chased and Mina to another corner. Tzuyu chased again, but Mina kept moving away from one corner to another.

However, because the ring was small (only 5 x 5 meters in size), Mina wasn't able to dance away for too long. She eventually got herself cornered. Tzuyu then rained her fists down, aiming at Mina's head and gut. They exchanged jabs, cross, and hooks for a few minute.

DING!!! DINGG!!! DINGG!!!


Jeongyeon, the timer watcher, gave a signal to end the first round. Each round lasts for four minutes, and between rounds there‘ll be a break for one minute.

Momo then came and separated the two fighters. Tzuyu went to her corner. Mina went to her corner as well.

Mina had Ryujin and Bambam standing close to her corner. While Tzuyu had Jackson and Yuna on her corner.

Bambam put a stool for Mina to sit. Ryujin get inside the ring and gave Mina a bottle of water to drink. She then took a towel and wiped the sweat from Mina's forehead.

"Take it easy, Mina-unnie. You're faster than her. Give her some surprise hits." Ryujin said.

Mina took a few gulps and nodded.

After a minute, she stood up again. And she threw a brief glance at Nayeon. The CEO, as usual, had a blank expression on her face.





ROUND TWO.

Mina and Tzuyu met again in the middle of the ring. They moved around each other while throwing their punches. And Momo kept following them nearby.

Mina was still being very careful. She measured all her hits while keeping her footwork in and out of range from Tzuyu's reach. Mina was never a coward, but only when she fought against Tzuyu then she would be very extra careful.

The two moved closer. Bouncing left and right, Mina and Tzuyu threw their jabs and cross at each other. And while throwing their punch, they also kept one arm close to themselves. One arm for attack. One arm for defense.

After a minute, Tzuyu powered up again and she attacked Mina more fiercely. She threw fast jabs and cross, some of them managed to hit Mina on the face. Mina took a few steps back to avoid those hits, and now she found herself at the rope. Tzuyu kept throwing her punches on Mina. Mina looked for an opening, then she threw a powerful hook at Tzuyu's jaw. It made the officer stumbled back a bit.

Mina then moved away from the rope and they got themselves back in the middle of the ring. Bruises had began to decorate their faces. And they both were sweating a lot. It was summer. Tzuyu was wearing a tanktop and sweatpants. While Mina was wearing a blue jeans and a black crop top that had a text 'CAUTION! KEEP OUT OF REACH' on the front side.


Tzuyu charged in again, throwing more punches here and there on her opponent. This time, Mina decided to get out of her defense mode and engaged in close combat. She bravely took those hits from the officer while also throwing her punches in return.


THWACK!! THUD!! THWACK!! THUDD!!

THWACK!! THWACK!! THUD!!


The sound of the blows were heavy and it made everyone in the room flinched upon seeing them. Mina and Tzuyu looked so fierce, trying to beat up each other.

After a furious exchange of hits, they found themselves a bit tired. They had their arms wrapped around each other's shoulders, hugging each other tightly while still throwing weak punches at their opponent's body.

"I was hoping Sana was here to see you getting your kicked again, Mina." Tzuyu suddenly whispered.

"What? Chewy, is this about Sana again?" Mina was startled.

"Yeah, of course it's still about her. You stupid cowgirl. Why do you keep making Sana sad?" Tzuyu said.

"Grrr! Why are you always bringing this up? You and Momo!" The penguin cowgirl growled. She wanted to punch Tzuyu again, but Momo already came to separate them.

Mina and Tzuyu broke the hug and then pulled away. They put their fists back up and stared down at each other.

The Japanese cowgirl found herself vexed and angered. Everytime her friends brought Sana into their fights, it made her feel annoyed.

She then charged at Tzuyu and delivered a right cross to the officer's face. Tzuyu staggered back. Mina threw a second punch but Tzuyu recovered fast and dodged it. The officer then threw a hook on Mina's jaw. Mina lost her balance and Tzuyu followed with another fast jabs. Within a minute, Mina was already on the rope again.

Tzuyu threw her punches to the left and right of Mina's head. Mina was cowering on the rope. She could only raise her arms in front of her while receiving all those blows.


THUD!!! THUD!!! THUD!!!


Tzuyu's fist landed hard on the side of Mina's body, and she immediately dropped to her knees.

Momo came and pushed Tzuyu away from Mina. She saw Mina kneeling on the floor, her gloved fists were pressed against the canvas.

The peach girl waited for a moment, then she held out her hand and started counting.

"One... Two..."

The penguin cowgirl took a deep breath and grabbed a hold of the rope. She pulled herself up using the rope, and at the count of four she was already back on her feet again. She raised her fists and went to face Tzuyu again in the middle of the ring.


"Tck! You fought like a child, Mina. Give me a challenge." Tzuyu said mockingly.


Mina glared at her.


"Oh, here's a challenge for you." Tzuyu then said with a smirk. "If I win this fight, then you have to breakup with Sana."


"What?"


"Give Sana to me."


Mina was startled once again. "Chewy? You- You love her, do you?"


Tzuyu smirked. "No. But I will steal her from you if you keep making her sad."


Mina glared at Tzuyu. She felt anger took over her again and she tightened her fist. Without thinking twice, she charged at Tzuyu and threw her punches here and there.


Tzuyu moved to the left and right to dodge the punch. She waited until she saw an opening, and then she threw her fist with an incredible strength and speed.


THWACKK!!!

A sickening thwack was heard throughout the room as Tzuyu's fist connected with Mina's jaw.

Mina was thrown off her feet due to the immense power of the hit. Her body flew in the air and landed on the floor with a loud thud.


Everyone fell silent upon seeing this.


Mina was lying on the canvas, near the edge of the ring. The punch was powerful, as one could expect from Chou Tzuyu. It put Mina in a weakened and dazed state for seconds.


Momo came fast at her and began counting.


Mina took another deep breath. She turned her body and reached out for the rope.


A few feet away from her, outside the ring, stood a CEO with a deadpan expression.

Their eyes met, and Mina saw Nayeon's lips curved a bit. The CEO was smiling softly at her.


Mina's heart warmed upon seeing that smile. She smiled back at the CEO, and then, ignoring the pain, she mustered all her strength and pulled herself up using the rope.


"Mina, are you okay? Can you continue the fight?" Momo checked and asked her.


Mina was still leaning against the rope. She blinked and shook her head a few times, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter