Ch.160 The Jewelry Theft (Part 4)

“Pirate of Korean Sea: The Curse of the Black Swan” and “Cowgirl Story”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

@ krina_love : Oh yes, they will be an alpha team!

@ jyp_stan : Thank you! I miss fight scenes too!

@ Wivern : Another unimportant comment from you. Why are you commenting about mugshots? That was so unimportant LOL

CHAPTER 160 THE JEWELRY THEFT (Part 4)





"Okay. Let's talk." Nayeon said. She was still very angry, but seeing Jeongyeon's serious face, she decided to give them a chance.

The CEO then turned at Tzuyu.

"Firstly, because Jeongyeon already admitted it to you, I have to admit what you said is true. I have been helping Mina secretly, without her knowing. I paid Jeongyeon to send the sheriff's younger brother to prison. I hired the bodyguards for Mina and Sana. I called the police to report the gang fight. And yes..... " Nayeon took a pause to breathe. "....Seoyeon is my birth daughter."

And suddenly Nayeon felt like her burden was lifted from her shoulder. She had always wanted to do this since a long time ago, to acknowledge her daughter in front of everyone. And now, she had acknowledged her daughter in front of Tzuyu. It felt weird. Nayeon always thought the next person she would tell about this truth, after Jeongyeon, was Mina. But suddenly Tzuyu came, exclaiming she already knew everything.

"Tzuyu, I don't know how you're able to figure out all my secrets. We were never close and we never have something personal towards each other. But now that you're holding my secrets, I'm begging you to not divulge them to the public. If you want money, just mention how much and I will give it to you to shut your mouth." Nayeon said without sugarcoating her words. She didn't even care about how rude and blatant she sounded, trying to bribe a police officer. It is at a moment like this, when Nayeon thinks she can solve everything and buy everyone with her money.

Tzuyu felt insulted. She stared deeply into Nayeon's eyes.

"I'm sorry, Nayeon. But you can't bribe me. I'm not interested in money or anything. I came here to talk to you, because I want to work together with you and help our friends. If you think I came here because of money, then you have misunderstood my good will. Not everyone is willing to sell themselves for money. I am not that low, Nayeon."

Nayeon was put to silence. She realized she had been acting very rude towards the officer.

"O-Okay. I'm sorry. I was rude. I didn't mean to think of you like that. I was just a bit... panicking, cause my secrets have been revealed."

"It's okay. Don't worry. I won't tell anyone about your secrets. And you don't need to bribe me for that. I'm here as a police officer. And it is my duty to help anyone who's in trouble." Tzuyu said while straightening her posture, as if she was on duty.

Jeongyeon faked a cough. "Well, that's a good speech, Chou. Very inspiring. So, Nayeon, do you accept Tzuyu as our new member? If yes, we can continue to talk."

Nayeon nodded. "Okay, I accept her. But.... I'm still the boss here."

Jeongyeon let out a chuckle. She knew Nayeon was a control-freak and very bossy.

"Of course, you're still the boss." Jeongyeon said.

Nayeon placed her palms on the desk. Her eyes turned at Tzuyu.

"I'm the boss, which means I will pay Tzuyu to work for me."

Tzuyu looked surprised. "P-Pay? No no no! You don't have to pay me. I'm just here to work with you so that we can help our friends and-"

Nayeon's glare intensified. "Tzuyu, listen, I don't want you to work with me. I want you to work for me, you got it? If you want to join the club, then you have to work for me and let me pay your salary, just like I pay my lawyer here, because she works for me."

Jeongyeon couldn't help but burst out laughing. Here she goes again, Nayeon and her dominant, bossy personality. She always wanted everything and everyone under her control.

"Alright Chewy, just accept it! She's a billionaire, and she wants to give you money, why would you refuse it?" Jeongyeon said.

Tzuyu was still baffled. "But I already have a boss in my office! I can't have two bosses! What if Nayeon wants me to betray my captain? What if she asks me to rob a bank? I cannot do that, can I?"

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes, while Nayeon frowned.

"You know, I will never ask you to do those things!" Nayeon said.

Jeongyeon poked Tzuyu's shoulder. "Come on, just accept it. I never have a written contract or MoU with Nayeon. So you see, I'm working in the shadow too here. We can always stop and leave anytime we want. Nayeon will not mind, right Nayeonie?"

The CEO nodded. "As long as you don't divulge my secrets to anyone else."

Tzuyu took a sigh. She stared at Nayeon. "Okay, I accept."

Nayeon nodded and smirked. "Good. I will pay you twice your salary as a police officer."

"Twice? No. That's too much. Half is enough."

Nayeon frowned.

"Tzuyu, your work with me will require you to spend a lot more time. You'll be working non stop, around the clock. I will give you twice the salary as a police officer. That's final." Nayeon said.

"O-Okay." Tzuyu finally conceded. And deep inside, she felt happy too, for suddenly having another source of income. This was much better than getting a promotion in her police institution.

Nayeon took a deep breath. She seemed to be more calm and composed now. She then took a seat, and gestured to everyone else to sit, acting as if she was the host.

"Okay. Now, let's start talking about the jobs. Jeongyeon said you have been working independently to help Mina. Can you tell me about it?" Nayeon asked.

"Oh yes, I have been working independently. It's actually a different case, with other enemies. You know Mina's land has been invaded recently. Someone attacked the guards and made fire on her land. My investigation led me to one conclusion, that Mina has golds buried in her land and those people want to retrieve the golds..."

"Wait, wait, wait! Slow down! Golds, you mean the expensive, shiny yellow materials?" Nayeon interrupted her.

"Yes. That golds. A lot of golds."

"Seriously? Tzuyu, have you been reading a fantasy novel or something?"

"Hm. No."

Jeongyeon then spoke, "Nayeon, Tzuyu has a sharp analysis and deduction skill. She managed to figure out all your secrets, remember? She's probably right about the golds too."

Nayeon frowned at Jeongyeon. She let out a desperate sigh and began to massage her temple. This can't be true. There's no way Mina would have golds buried in her land.

"Mina has golds in her land. I have some evidence to prove that. I will bring them to you later. And I already have three names, which I suspect was behind this fire incident. One of them is our town mayor, Mr. Choi."

Nayeon raised one brow. She should've been surprised at the moment, but now after being surprised by too many things in her life, Nayeon didn't feel surprised anymore. At this point, nothing can scare her and surprise her anymore. Making her annoyed, maybe. But surprising her, no.

The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter