Ch.126 Bad Performance

“Pirate of Korean Sea: The Curse of the Black Swan” and “Cowgirl Story”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

@ Allgreader: You're right, she's not drunk. Next time she will get a real drunk, so drunk that she will spill all her secrets to Mina. Ooooooops!

@ guguischomi: Poor Nayeonie! Poor Sana too, Mina will soon leave her for Nayeon!

@ jyp_stan: Yes let's have 2yeon kiss and make Mina jealous LOL

@ krina_love: Such a high tolerance indeed.


CHAPTER 126 BAD PERFORMANCE



SONG LYRICS : James Arthur - Impossible

Jeongyeon put herself kneeling beside Nayeon on the floor.

"Nayeon, wake up!" She said shaking Nayeon's body. But the latter didn't wake up.

"Tck! You said you had a high tolerance." Jeongyeon murmured. She gathered Nayeon's belongings on the table, and put them inside Nayeon's bag. After that, she called the waiter and paid for the food.

She slung Nayeon's bag and her bag on her shoulders. She contemplated whether to use her own car, or Nayeon's car to carry the drunken girl home. She then chose Nayeon's car.

Jeongyeon prepared the car key in her hand, and then she picked Nayeon's up carefully from the floor and carried her in bridal style from the restaurant to the parking lot.

She had trouble opening the car, so she lowered Nayeon in a standing position while still supporting her shoulders. Nayeon slurred and moved a bit, but still didn't wake up. Jeongyeon opened the car door and then carefully put Nayeon on the shotgun seat. She fastened the seat belt and closed the door. She then went behind the wheel and started driving to the Im Mansion.

It was already late at night when she arrived at the mansion. She called Jihyo's number and asked her to come out. Jihyo was surprised to see Nayeon getting drunk, but she figured it must be because Nayeon was feeling a little depressed recently.

Jeongyeon carried Nayeon once again, from the car to her bedroom. Thankfully everyone was already inside their room, so nobody noticed about Nayeon going home drunk. Jeongyeon then asked Jihyo to drive her back to the restaurant where she had left her car. And on their way home, the two had a conversation about Nayeon.

Jeongyeon told Jihyo that Nayeon is probably feeling distressed after her recent breakup with Jaebum. Jihyo told Jeongyeon that other than the breakup, there were also recent events that had made Nayeon feeling distressed, including Jaebum and Nichkhun blackmailing Chaeyoung, and then Jennie blackmailing her with those mistakes in the financial reports. Jihyo once again expressed her worry and concern, and repented for not being able to do anything to help Nayeon. Jeongyeon said she would try to help Nayeon as much as she can, and Jihyo felt thankful to Jeongyeon.





WEDNESDAY MORNING.

Nayeon found herself sleepy and drowsy in the morning. She didn't remember how she got back to her mansion. Jihyo said Jeongyeon had driven Nayeon back, using her own car. And then Jeongyeon drove Jihyo to the restaurant, and then Jihyo brought Nayeon's car home.

Nayeon, you're so messed up! Stop it, and gather yourself! Nayeon said to herself.

She forced herself to get up and took a shower. She was too late to join others in the breakfast. Everyone was already finished and left the house early in the morning. Jihyo to the clinic. Dahyun to the academy. Jennie to the ranch. And SungRyung to the art museum.

Nayeon arrived late at her office. Some people were already waiting for her in front of her door. Nayeon felt a bit ashamed for this. Never had she done something like this before, getting drunk on the weekdays and acting unprofessional.

Those people were her investors and shareholders. Some of them were clients and business partners.

"I'm sorry for being late. This is very unprofessional of me. I am truly sorry. Let's begin our meeting now." Nayeon said while bowing an apology.

Her meeting today didn't come as she expected. She didn't prepare anything and most of the time she just listened to their opinion and conceded with them. As a result, she didn't get what she wanted and she felt quite unsatisfied with that.

That day, Nayeon found herself wanting the day to end soon so that she could go home and sleep again.

Jennie came to her office to give her some documents, and she noticed how Nayeon looked unusual today, and she had a guess Nayeon was having a little breakdown phase.

"You're losing the game, Nayeonie. Do you want to come back with Jaebum again? Do you regret breaking up with him? You still can get back to him if you want." Jennie said with a mocking look on her face.

The CEO just glared at her and shrugged. "No. I'm not losing this. Actually this is me celebrating myself being single and free, and getting drunk last night. I actually feel young again. And no thank you, I'm not going back to Jaebum again."

"You're going to end up alone, Nayeon. Only Jaebum cam understand you. I'm being serious, go back with him."

"And let you two continue cheating behind my after marriage? Tck! No!"

"Of course not, Nayeon. Look, everybody makes a mistake. I'm sorry for doing that to you, Nayeon. We were just in the heat of the moment. I will not do it again." Jennie said.

And Nayeon rolled her eyes. "You? Apologizing to me? Am I dreaming right now? Oh, Jennie, please, you think I'm a fool?"

"Well, I'm just trying to lessen the damage I have caused. I'm serious, Nayeon, you can still go back with Jaebum if you want."

"No, thank you, Jen. He is all yours. But remember not to show your PDA in front of me and my family, especially my mother. You know I still have yet to make an announcement of our breakup to everyone."

Nayeon said while sending a sweet smile to her cousin.

Jennie didn't say anything and just left the room quietly.

After Jennie left, Nayeon took her agenda. She remembered she had to call Mina and reschedule their next meeting. But somehow she didn't feel like meeting Mina for this week. And next week, and next week. She didn't want to continue meeting Mina if it only made her heart ache whenever she met Mina. It made her heart ache to think that she was going to be friends forever with the cowgirl, and that nothing would ever change between them. If that is the case, then she'd better not meet Mina anymore.


Her cellphone rang, and she picked up.

"Nayeon, it's me. Hey, are you okay?"

"Jeongyeon? Oh yes sorry, I was about to call you." Nayeon breathed. "I'm okay. Just a bit hungover today."

"I can picture that. Nayeon, take care of yourself alright. And call me again if you need something."

"Okay, thank you, Jeong."

They hang up the phone.

Nayeon continued doing her work until past noon. And due to her headache and hangover, she decided to go home early to take a nap.






AT TH

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter