Ch.84 Adoption (Part 4)

“Pirate of Korean Sea: The Curse of the Black Swan” and “Cowgirl Story”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

@ blank123: Well, I'm also just as lost as you here. I'm actually not comfortable with . That's why I keep avoiding writing about Seoyeon's father. And I don't know if we should make Nayeon reveal the truth behind Seoyeon's father or not.

@ Offfffffffff : Chapter 90? No. You're wrong. It's probably around Chapter 110. This fic kept getting longer and longer LOL

@ guyuischomi : Ow, thanks for the compliment! I'm an adorable granny LOL! And on the downside, fast update means I will disappear soon. And you all will miss me again for a very long time.

@ krina_love : Nayeon and Seoyeon interaction coming up next.


CHAPTER 84 ADOPTION (Part 4)

FEW DAYS LATER.

Mina went to Nayeon's office again to continue working on their projects.

As Nayeon observed, Mina was wearing the scarf from Sana again. But this time, Nayeon didn't feel jealous or anything. No jealousy. No anger. No hatred. Because this time she had a much more important thing in her mind. Her daughter. The recent issue about Seoyeon had occupied her head so much that she no longer felt annoyed by whatever Mina and Sana were doing in front of her or behind her. Heck, those two lovebirds can kiss and smooch each others in front of her right now, and she wouldn't even care. At this moment, Seoyeon's issue matters to her more than anything else in the world.

Nayeon listened quietly as Mina talked about their projects and presented her ideas on how to improve them. After Mina finished, Nayeon began with giving her opinion and critics for Mina, and Mina noted it down on her book.

After that, Nayeon gave several documents to Mina.

"Mina, I have several more projects for you for next month."

Mina took the documents and scanned them, and her eyes grew wide immediately upon seeing the name of the head of the committee members, which was none other than Nayeon's fiancé a.k.a Im Jaebum himself.

"Nayeon? Do you want me to work with him? Are you serious?" Mina asked, confused.

"Yes, Mina. Those are Jaebum's projects. Not mine. And he wanted to give those projects to you."

"B-But, Nayeon, you know I'm still not in good terms with him!"

"I know."

"You know I still cannot trust him after what he did to me!"

"I know. And you have all the right to do so."

"So why? Why are you giving me this?"

Nayeon stared at Mina for a moment.

"Look, Mina. Until now you've only been working solely with me. Now it's time for you to work with other people too. And despite you're still in a bad term with Jaebum, I think this will be the right time for you to take a new challenge. Don't worry, I will still be guiding you and I won't left you alone with him without my supervision. And I'll make sure everything will go smooth between you and him."

Mina didn't answer. She still couldn't forget what Jaebum did to her in the sport event last month.

"Come on, Mina. Just give it a try. This is a good opportunity for you. We have a lot of projects recently, and I couldn't think of anyone else who I can trust more than you." Nayeon said.

Mina thought for another moment. "Alright. I'll take them."

Nayeon smiled at the younger girl. "Good. We can start next week then."

After that, Nayeon decided to change their conversation to another topic. A more private topic.

"Mina, I heard from Dahyun that your family has adopted a child from another family." She said.

The Japanese girl nodded. "Yes, we have adopted a little girl from Hahm Family. Her name is Seoyeon. She was actually from an orphanage. Mr and Mrs Hahm adopted her two years ago. But last week, they were killed in a bank robbery. Chaeyoung then suggested us to adopt Seoyeon."

"Oh, I see. So it is Chaeyoung's idea?"

"Yes."

"How long have you known Seoyeon and Hahm Family?"

Mina thought for a moment. "We have known Hahm Family for a very long time. And we began to know about Seoyeon soon after they adopted her from the orphanage. I didn't get to see Seoyeon often. But Chaeyoung often came and visited the Hahm Family in their house. She often played with Seoyeon, and offered to babysit her."

Nayeon found herself a bit startled upon hearing that.

Two years! Mina and Chaeyoung have known Seoyeon for two years! And I've been searching for her ever since! I can't believe she's actually very close to me, all this time!

Nayeon paused for a moment, and then she took something from inside her cabinet.

"Mina, please give this to Seoyeon." Nayeon said as she handed a paper bag to Mina.

"What is it?"

"A gift for your new family member. Children books, clothes, and toys. I don't know if the clothes will fit Seoyeon or not since I've never met her directly. Dahyun told me she was four years old, and so I bought the clothes for five years old. If they don't fit her, she can use it next year. Kids can grow very fast so I prefer to buy a bigger size." Nayeon said.

Mina smiled widely and took the bag. "Thank you, Nayeon! Seoyeon will be very happy! And oh, why don't you come to our house next weekend? We will throw a barbeque party after Momo returns from Japan. We will invite Dahyun, Jihyo, and Jeongyeon too. You should come, Nayeon!"

Nayeon nodded and smiled back. "Sure! I will come!"

"Gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter