Ch.156 Stay Here, Don’t Go!!

“Pirate of Korean Sea: The Curse of the Black Swan” and “Cowgirl Story”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

@ Hosana_to_highest : Just CTRL-F 'little angel' and you'll find it in that chapter. And thanks for the food recommendation LOL

@ krina_love : Okay, you just gave me an idea! Let's make Ichiro launch a gang. Yes, they will search for the golds soon.

@ Wivern : Let's wait for the double date with the horsey ship LOL


CHAPTER 156 STAY HERE, DON'T GO!!!




TUESDAY EVENING.

Jeongyeon was still busy working in her room when her secretary called her through the intercom.

"Yes, Taeha?"

"You have a guest, Jeongyeon-ssi. It's your client, Miss Bae."

"Oh, please let her in. I will come out soon."

Jeongyeon closed her book and tidied her desk. She checked her appearance on the mirror, brushing her hair. And then she came out to welcome her guest.

The beautiful doctor was sitting in the front room, still wearing her white lab coat.

"Joohyun, what's the matter? Is there something happening?" Jeongyeon asked worriedly. The lawyer had been working for a few months to help the doctor in her case, and she was worried if something bad had happened, in regard to their case.

The doctor turned to the lawyer.

"Nothing happens, Jeong. I just came to give this to you. I dropped by a restaurant, and suddenly I remembered your favorite dish, so I bought it for you. You haven't had your dinner yet, right?"

Joohyun handed a paper bag to Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon took it and opened it a little. Her nose was immediately invaded by the smell of her favorite food.

"Oh, delicious. I haven't eaten dinner yet. Thanks, Joohyun."

Joohyun smiled and nodded.

"You've been helping me a lot with the case. This is the least I can do for you."

The doctor reached out and gave Jeongyeon a hug and a kiss on her cheek. And because of their height difference, Joohyun had to tiptoe and look up to reach Jeongyeon.


And just then, another guest came. It was the female police officer.

The doctor didn't realize there was another person coming, so she kept hugging the lawyer. The lawyer didn't do anything, she just let herself being hugged by the doctor.

The police officer stared at them, and then faked a cough. The doctor turned her head and upon seeing the officer, she pulled back from the lawyer.

"See you on the court next week, Jeongyeon. Good night."

The doctor then quickly left the place.


The police officer gave the lawyer an incredulous look.

"What? You never see me being kissed and hugged by a beautiful woman?" Jeongyeon said.

"Come to my room." The lawyer then said.

Tzuyu followed Jeongyeon into her room. As usual, she came here to discuss the current situation about their friends.

"There was an intruder coming into Mina's land again, last Saturday. It was a woman. Very professional and highly skilled. She climbed the fence and made fire, and knocked out the two guards. She didn't leave a single trace. I think she was sent by the same person who shot Momo and wants to buy Mina's land." Tzuyu said.

"Yeah, I've heard about it from Nayeon yesterday. Mina is really in so much trouble right now. Have you told her about the result of your investigation?" Jeongyeon asked.

"I have. But Mina didn't seem to believe me when I told her about the golds."

"She probably doesn't like the thought of being hunted by everyone because of the golds. Poor girl. Troubles always come to her. Anyway, how is your girlfriend? Is she good with her father?" Jeongyeon asked.

Tzuyu let out a sigh.

"Yeah, she's good. But I'm still worried about her father. I talked to the prison ward yesterday. There was a record of her father having a fight and almost killing his cellmate in prison. He only started behaving well after there was announcement of parole. I'm afraid Sana's father is going to make trouble again soon."

"Oh, poor girl. Everyone seems to be having troubles recently. Nayeon said she was also having troubles with Jennie."

"What trouble?"

"Jennie is blackmailing her. It was partially Nayeon's fault though. She manipulated the reports of her projects with Mina to make it look good in front of their stakeholders. Jennie knows it, and she blackmails Nayeon. Nayeon wanted to send Jennie and Jaebum back to Seoul after their affair, but she couldn't because Jennie threatened to reveal her misdeed." Jeongyeon said.

"Oh, that's bad! Does Mina know this?"

The lawyer thought for a moment. As she recalled, Nayeon had mentioned this in the cassette confession, saying that she had covered the projects with her money. But what Mina didn't know was that Jennie had blackmailed Nayeon for this.

"No. Mina doesn't know this."

"Tck. Is there anything that she knows? Everything happens around her, and she's always the last to know." Tzuyu mumbled, and Jeongyeon chuckled.

"Not knowing anything is actually good, Chewy. Knowing too much can hurt you." The lawyer said. She was still thinking about her friends and their troubles. Mina had golds in her land and she got attacked by people. Sana's father returned home. While Nayeon being blackmailed by her own cousin.

The lawyer thought for another moment, and then she spoke.

"Chewy, I think you should join me and Nayeon's team now."

Tzuyu frowned. "Joining you? For what?"

Jeongyeon took a breath. "You see, we have so many problems right now. We can't work separately. You should work together with us, Chewy. Talk to Nayeon and tell her everything that you know. You already know too much about her secrets anyway. Come to my office again next week. Bring those pictures that Jaebum had sent to Sana earlier. I will show it to Nayeon."

Tzuyu's eyes opened wide.

"Wait, wait, wait! Jeong, do you think it's okay? How will Nayeon react if she knows I know her secret?"

"She will be surprised. But we have no choice. You should join us."

"Why me? Why not just ask Mina to join you?"

"Because Mina is dense, duh! And she's reckless too! If she knows someone has done something bad to her family and friends, she will immediately come to them and fight them. She doesn't know how to play this kind of game."

Tzuyu frowned. "Hm. Yeah, you're right."

"So, you'll come next week? Monday 7 PM. I will ask Nayeon to come too."

"Okay, I will come."





NEXT DAY IN THE MORNING. AT THE TOWN MAYOR'S OFFICE.

Choi Minsik and his right hand man, Kang Dongwon, were inside Choi's room, watching the news on TV.

The screen showed a scene of chaotic fights between the citizens. Some police officers were seen trying to stop the fight and take control of the situation. They were shooting rubber guns and tear gas towards the crowd.

The reporter on the news spoke to the cameraman.

"Good morning. This is a live reportation. Today a fight between the supporters of two candidates, Kim Hyunbin and Gong Jicheol has erupted in the town's central park. The clash between the two parties began when Gong's supporters came to this park and argued with Kim's supporters. The argument escalated quickly into a fist fight, and it drew more people from each party. At least a hundred people are involved in this fight. Some public properties in the central park were destroyed in the fight. The police squad has been sent to this area. At this moment, the police are still trying to take control over this situation. I am Bae Suzy, reporting from the town central park." The reporter said and camera then switched to the chaotic scene between the supporters and the police squad.

Minsik smirked upon seeing the news.

"Victoria has really done a good job. Last week she made a huge fire in Myoui's land. Now she has created chaos amongst our two

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter