Ch.66 Sport Day

“Pirate of Korean Sea: The Curse of the Black Swan” and “Cowgirl Story”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

@krina_love: Yes, I’m a coward, so what? I can’t even write a fic without hiding myself behind someone else’s back. #sigh#

@blank123: Don’t worry, we’ll have Tzuyu to fix Sana’s broken heart. Jeongyeon and Tzuyu can make an interesting pairing based on their profession alone. A lawyer and a police officer. I have seen a lot of pairings like that in western TV series.


Now let's continue our child's play. Captal has said this fic is like a child’s play, and I take it as a compliment. That means the author is still innocent LOL.

CHAPTER 66 SPORT DAY





ONE WEEK LATER.

Nayeon spent the rest of her week preparing the polo sport event that will be held on Sunday, in that town. The event was proposed and organized by the Im Ranch to celebrate the town's birthday, and the town's mayor immediately agreed to it. There were two categories that were held: professional, and amateur. The professional category was reserved for athletes like Dahyun. While the amateurs category was meant for everyone (non-athletes) who just wanted to have fun joining the game. This sport event wasn't a prestigious one as it was only meant for celebration, but there were a high prizes for each categories.

The townspeople who wanted to participate in the game had to register their team. And the game were then conducted in a single-elimination tournament.

The rules was quite easy. Each team has to score a goal by using a long-handled wooden mallet to hit a small hard ball through the opposing team's goal. Each team has four riders, and the game usually lasts one to two hours, divided into periods.

The main rules of polo are based on the line trajectory of the ball. After a player hits the ball, other players cannot cross the line of the ball in front of that player. Other players must approach the ball from its side, not blocking it from the front side. Most violations and penalties are usually related to players improperly crossing the line of the ball.

Most cowboys and cowgirls in the town liked to play this game in their time, including Mina and her friends, and therefore they're already quite familiar with this sport.


Chaeyoung was busy cheering for her girlfriend, who at that time had just entered the arena for the professional category. Dahyun teamed up with three other athletes, opposing a team with four athletes. The rules for the professional were a bit more strict. Each riders were expected to play by the rules, and up to the standard of national competition. The movement from each riders were also much faster and more swift, showing profound skill in horseback riding.

On the arena for the amateur category, things were far more messy. The rules weren't strictly followed. Every once in a while, a fault would occur, two horses would bump into each other, and someone would fall from their horses. Since they were amateur, of course, accidents were bound to happen.


It was the Team Im's turn to play. Nayeon and her team entered the arena. Her team members included Nayeon herself, Jennie, Jaebum, and one of their workers, Nichkhun. They were playing against another big ranch in the town, the G.O.D Ranch. And surprisingly, Team Im managed to defeat Team G.O.D. Jaebum and Nichkhun were actually quite skilled in this game. While Nayeon and Jennie also demonstrated a good enough skills in the game.

Team Myoui consisted of Mina, Momo, Jackson, and Bambam. In the first round, they were playing against Team Stray, and without any difficulty they managed to defeat those kids. Team Stray seemed very pissed after getting beaten by Team Myoui in that game.

Sitting on the spectator seats were Jihyo and her mother, Sana, Jeongyeon, and others. Chaeyoung and Dahyun were on the other arena for the professional category. While Tzuyu, as usual, was in her uniform, busy guarding the event.

Sana was cheering loudly for Mina and Momo (and especially for Mina). As Nayeon noticed, Mina was wearing that scarf again, and the girl seemed to be very happy to see Sana there. The penguin cowgirl kept smiling and waving at the waitress/singer. It was kinda hard for Nayeon to watch Mina and Sana intimacy. It's been a month since the two childhood friends started dating each other, and they were just seemingly getting closer and closer.

Jihyo, albeit having the loudest voice out of everyone, she sat there quietly, smiling at everyone. While Jeongyeon was being hyper, cheering for every team, not caring who she really cheered for. She even cheered for both teams who were currently playing against each other.




Now it's turn for Team Myoui to play against Team Im. Both teams entered the arena and prepared themselves for the game.

The two captains from each team, Mina and Jaebum, put themselves in a position, mounting face-to-face against each other. Jaebum got the first hit and he hit the ball hard using his mallet (the stick that is used to hit and drive the ball). The ball rolled fast on the ground in a straight line, and Jaebum followed it from behind. Mina drove her horse towards the ball, wanting to take over it. After a moment, she managed to take over the ball. She passed the ball to Momo who was mounting not far away from her. Momo received the ball and took it closer to the opposite team's goal post.

However, when Momo was still busy leading the ball, Nichkhun came at her and approached her from the left side. The man was quite aggressive and he made Momo lost control of the ball. After stealing the ball from Momo, he lead the ball back to Myoui's goal post. Jackson and Bambam moved fast, trying to stop Nichkhun. Jackson managed to steal the ball and he passed to Mina, who then lead it closer to the Im's goal post. Nayeon blocked her way, and Mina had to take another route. The CEO followed Mina and managed to corner her.

"Oh, hi, Nayeon. How about you let me pass? Look, even your horse doesn't want to oppose me." Mina said teasingly. She was trying to find a way to score a goal.

"No. Give the ball to me." Nayeon coldly answered.

Mina just smiled. "Okay." She drove the ball as if wanting to pass it over to Nayeon. But then she changed her direction fast, and took the ball to another route.

Nayeon went after her, still wanting to steal the ball. Jaebum came closer. He followed Mina and rode closely beside the cowgirl. Nayeon followed them from behind. And suddenly, she heard Mina grunting in pain, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter