Ch.67 Platonic Love

“Pirate of Korean Sea: The Curse of the Black Swan” and “Cowgirl Story”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



CHAPTER 67 PLATONIC LOVE

MONDAY MORNING. AT THE IM RANCH.

Jaebum called Nichkhun to his working room and talked secretly to him.

"You did a good job, Nichkhun. I will give you the payment today. How much do you need for your sister’s hospital bill?" Jaebum asked.

"Five hundred thousand won, Jaebum-ssi."

Jaebum then handed him the money.

"Thank you, Jaebum-ssi." Nichkhun said. "And what should I say to Nayeon-ssi if she asked me about it?"

"Just say it was an accident."

"What if she doesn't believe me?"

"Just tell her you're drunk or something when you played the game yesterday."

"Okay." Nichkhun said and then left Jaebum's room.

And soon after he left, Jennie came into Jaebum’s room.

”You paid Nichkhun to attack Mina in the game?”Jennie asked.

Jaebum nodded.

Jennie shook her head, showing disagreement.

”Can I give you a piece of advice? First. That’s not a good move, Jae. Second, you chose the wrong people to be your accomplice.”

Jaebum frowned. “Why?”

”Firstly, your move is pointless. What’s your goal to attack Mina? What do you get from it? Nothing. You just want to vent your anger to her after she stole Nayeon’s attention from you. But after she recovers from the attack, everything will be back to normal as if nothing happened. No permanent damage on her. That, and you’re also risking yourself of getting caught for scheming this attack. Nayeon will hate you if she knows this.”

Jennie continued. “Secondly, you shouldn’t pick Nichkhun as your accomplice. He’s a friend of Mina’s friend. He only takes your order because he needs money. I bet one day he will betray you. You should’ve picked someone who also share the same hatred for Mina.” Jennie said.

”I don’t know how to find them.” Jaebum said, frowning.

”Well, I know.” Jennie smirked.

Jaebum still frowned.

”Get closer to your workers. They’re like your army. You have to listen to them carefully.” Jennie said, smirking devilishly.

Jaebum could only stared at Jennie, half-scared half-amazed.

An hour later, Nichkhun was called into Nayeon's working room.

"Nichkhun, about the game yesterday, I want you to tell me what exactly had happened. Did you do it on purpose?" Nayeon interrogated Nichkhun.

"No, Nayeon-ssi, it was an accident. I didn't mean to hurt Myoui." Nichkhun said.

"But everyone saw it. You pushed your stick to her stomach. It was not an accident. Tell me honestly, why did you do that to Mina? Do you have a problem with her or something? She's my business partner and I don't like to see her being treated like this."

"No, Nayeon-ssi, I don't have a problem with her. I swear it was an accident. And I was a bit drunk before the game. I didn't realize what I was doing. I apologize, Nayeon-ssi."

The CEO just stared at Nichkhun. She was still not satisfied with Nichkhun's answer, but she didn't have any evidence to prove Nichkhun was lying.

"Nichkhun, what you did is dangerous. She could’ve been more fatally injured. Do you realize that?” Nayeon scolded, to which Nichkhun nodded. “Okay, you're dismissed." The Thai cowboy then left the room.

And now Nayeon couldn't help but feel even more worried for Mina. She still remembered back then when the town's mayor and the chief sheriff approached her, saying Mina was a troublemaker. There were a lot of townspeople who hated Mina. And Nichkhun probably was just one of them. Nayeon still remembered too, when one of her workers tried to sabotage her projects with Mina. Even her mother and fiancee had also showed some dislike towards Mina.

On the other hand, Nayeon also knew a lot of people who liked Mina a lot. Mina had many friends, including her workers, who are very loyal to her.

It seems that when it comes to Mina, it's either people would love her or hate her. There's no middle ground. It's either you are whipped to her (figuratively), or you hate her so much to the point that you want to whip her (literally).


The CEO continued drowning in her thought.

She glanced at her clock, and then focused her mind back to her work.




Meanwhile. Inside the stable.

Destiny came to Lucky's stall. She looked so vexed and angry.

"Oh, hi, Destiny! What's up?"

"Lucky! How dare you cheated in our game yesterday!"

"Huh!?"

"You cheated in our game yesterday! You tackled Black Swan's foot and made Pengu-nim fell down! How dare you, Lucky!"

"Huh? No! It was an accident!"

"Oh, don't lie to me, Lucky! I saw it very clearly! You made Black Swan tripped, and you did it deliberately! Tck! I can't believe you did that to him! And you made Pengu-nim injured too!"

"No, I told you it was an accident- Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Destiny, stop pulling my hair! Ouch!" Lucky screamed in pain as Destiny bite and pulled his mane.

Destiny kept pulling Lucky's mane, causing the horse to scream more. After she felt satisfied, she then released Lucky from her bite and returned to her stall.



A FEW HOURS LATER.

Jeongyeon came at Nayeon's office.

"Hi, Jeong, I've been waiting for you. Any progress about my daughter?" Nayeon asked in a low voice. Everytime they were discussing about Nayeon's daughter, they would speak in a whispering voice to make sure no one would hear them.

The female lawyer sat in front of Nayeon.

"Hm. Not yet. You know, I've met about twenty girls named Seoyeon in this town, around four to five years old. And I hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter