Ch.161 The Jewelry Theft (Part 5)

“Pirate of Korean Sea: The Curse of the Black Swan” and “Cowgirl Story”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

@ Elinkurniasih : I miss Sana too! But she had already served her purpose here after we reached that nine-slaps-scene. The only arc left for Sana is her issue with her abusive father.

@ Wivern : I want to do timeskip too, but I want to make Mina suffer a bit more inside the jail. Please hang on a little more with me.

@ jyp_stan : Yeah, I wonder too.

@ krina_love : A fight in the jail? Alright.

GUEST STARS:

Hyuna (4Minute) Hyunseung (BEAST)
CHAPTER 161 THE JEWELRY THEFT (Part 5)


SONG LYRICS : Natasha Bedingfield - Pocketful of Sunshine




THURSDAY MORNING. INSIDE THE INTERROGATION ROOM.

"Myoui Mina, female, 22 years old, Japanese. Accused for level five degree felony of theft. Jewelry. Five hundred million won."

Mina raised her head and found an officer standing in front of her and staring down at her.

Jang Hyunseung.

She read the nametag on his uniform. The man looked quite clean and handsome. Mina had never seen him before, probably because he was only recently transferred here, or he only specialized in a high degree case, and this was the first time for Mina to get accused in a serious case.

"Oh, look, your birthday is today! Happy birthday, Myoui!" Hyunseung said while grinning at the Japanese girl.

Mina didn't say anything, only staring at the man. She shifted a bit on her chair, feeling a little numb due to her hands being handcuffed behind her back.

There were only two officers inside the interrogation room. The other one was a female officer. She was facing toward the closed door and busy talking to her phone.

Hyunseung continued reading Mina's biodata that was written on the paper he held.

"Eleventh time being sent to jail. That's pretty impressive for someone as young as you. Egging a teacher's house, hitting someone, fighting in the school yard, fighting in the pub, drinking, ruining public properties. Petty crimes. This must be the first time for you to commit a high degree felony act. You're really leveling up your game, eh?" Hyunseung said.

"It wasn't me. I didn't do it." Mina answered.

Hyunseung glanced at her. "Did you admit your earlier crimes? The ten offenses before this?"

"Yes." Mina nodded.

"What punishment did you get?"

"Community service duties."

"And do you know what punishment you will receive this time?"

"Err...Incarceration. Eight to ten years. But I didn't do it. I swear. " Mina stated firmly.

Hyunseung turned the page and continued reading Mina's biodata. And just then the female officer came at them.

"Okay, let's begin now." The female officer said. Mina recognized her face as the police who often appeared on TV and got interviewed by reporters. Kim Hyuna. That was her name.

Hyunseung then began the interrogation. He spoke to Mina. "Tell us about your activity inside the Im Mansion last week. What time you arrived, what did you do at what time, in which room you were staying, to whom you were talking, what food did you eat for lunch, what time did you make a phone call, everything."

Mina was startled for a moment. She pondered before answering.

"I arrived at eleven PM. I studied in the library with Nayeon. Around twelve thirty we took a break and had lunch. The butler, Kim Taewoo, brought our meal to the sitting room next to the library. The menu was bibimbap and bulgogi. Around one o'clock we continued our study again until six o'clock. During those time, I went out of the library a few times to refresh my mind. I walked around the corridor on the second floor and also went to the first floor and went out to the garden. I met with several maids. Nayeon was also called by her cousin, Jennie, several times. They discussed something in the sitting room, probably around twenty minutes each time." Mina explained, while trying to remember all the details.

"Did you make a phone call to anyone?"

"No."

The male officer observed the paper containing a floor plan of Nayeon's mansion. He marked all the rooms and places that Mina had walked into in Nayeon's house. They asked a lot of questions to Mina. And Mina did her best to answer it according to her memory.


After two hours of interrogation, Hyuna then spoke.

"Listen, Myoui, I don't have much time left for this so let's make it quick. Just tell us where you're hiding the jewelry." Hyuna said.

"W-What!? But I've told I didn't-"

"You didn't steal it, blablabla... We've been hearing those craps too many times. There's only one way to prove you're lying or not."

Hyuna pulled Mina up and dragged her to another table which had a computer and an electronic device.

The officer put some strap on Mina's head, arms, chest, and fingers. She typed something on the computer, and a beep was then heard coming out from the machine. The light indicators on the machine were also turned.

"Answer the question with yes or no. Did you steal the jewelry?"

"No."

"Have you stolen anything from anyone before?"

"Huh? No!"

"Do you know the location of SungRyung's room?"

"Y-Yes."

A beep was heard. Mina didn't know what it meant, but she had a guess it must be an indicator of her lying. And that made her a bit confused and tensed, because she had answered the questions honestly.

"Do you know where SungRyung put her jewelry?"

"No!"

"Did you know SungRyung was not home last week?"

"No!"

"Did you see anyone else around SungRyung's room last week?"

"No!"

"Did you steal SungRyung's room key before you steal the jewelry?"

"No! And I did not steal the jewelry either!"

"Just answer the questions simply with yes or no, Myoui. Did you put the jewelry inside your car after you stole it?"

"No!"

"Did you hide the rest of the jewelry inside your house?"

"No!"

"Did you know SungRyung was not home last week?"

"Yes! Eh?"

A loud beep was heard, and all the light indicators were . Mina stared confusedly at this.

"See? You're giving two different answers for the same question. You're lying, Myoui. And I'm sure you've been lying while answering other questions too, without being noticed by this machine." Hyuna said.

Mina blinked. agaped.

"But I was- I was just nervous!"

"You're nervous because you're lying." Hyuna pulled Mina up and dragged her back to the other table.

"Just admit it. You stole the jewelry, Myoui. Where did you hide it? If you confess your crime and return the jewelry, your punishment will be reduced. But if you don't, you will get a maximum punishment." Hyuna said in a very intimidating manner.

Mina fell silent. She was slowly panicking.

Hyuna continued. "You're the only guest who visited their house last week. There were many guards, butlers, and maids in the house. If someone intruded into the house, they must have noticed it. And those workers don't have a motive to steal the jewelry. They've been paid well, and they're all happy to work there. While you, Myoui, you just had someone attacking and making fire on your land. Your loss is huge and you need money to recover the loss. That's why you stole the jewelry." Hyuna said. Her fingers tapped onto the table while her eyes stared glaringly at Mina.

Mina thought for a moment. This was her first time to undergo an interrogation by police officers for a serious case, and she honestly didn't know how to carry herself through it. All she knew now was that the police like to use intimidation methods and utilize the psychological weakness of their subjects. She remembered Jeongyeon had told her to be honest during this interrogation, so honest she would be.

"I didn't steal anything. I was framed by someone. They hate me because I've been getting a lot of projects from Nayeon. They probably think I'm stealing their projects." Mina said.

"Who are they?"

"Jennie and Jaebum."

Hyunseung and Hyuna glanced at each other.

"Who?" Hyuna asked again.

"Jennie and Jaebum!" Mina spoke louder.

Hyuna leaned over, her hand raised and moved in a flash motion.


SLAAPPP!!


Mina's head snapped to the side upon receiving a strong slap on her left cheek.

"Now you accuse the Im family members. That's rude, Myoui." Hyuna spoke glaringly.

Mina blinked, startled. A sigh escaped from her lips.

"I'm just telling you the truth." She said.

"Your words don't contain the truth. Everyone in this town knows you're a bootlicker and asskisser. You've been fawning over Im Nayeon this whole time. You want to steal her money." Hyuna spoke glaringly. "Just spill it already, where is the jewelry now?"

Mina felt her blood boil.

"I don't know. Maybe it's in Jaebum's house. Go search there. I'm sure you will find it. And you know what, I never fawn over Nayeon. She's the one who decides to give me those projects. And you're all just jealous because you can't get what I get from her-"

SLAAPPP!!!


Another slap landed on her right cheek, harder than the first one.

Mina bared her teeth at Hyuna. Her cheeks were throbbing, and it was starting to get annoying for her. Though it's not the physical pain that annoyed her, it's the insults and humiliation that did. Mina would rather let Nayeon slap her a dozen times, than letting this female officer abuse her and insult her.

Mina took a deep breath to calm herself. She clenched and unclenched her fists behind her back.

The female officer leaned over. "Where is the jewelry, Myoui?"

"I don't know."

Hyuna glared at Mina. "Okay, if you don't want to answer that, then try to answer this one. We know you didn't act alone. Who helped you? Your sister? Your cousin? Your friends?"

"No! No one helped me, and I didn't steal anything! It was Jennie and Jaeb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter