Ch.132 The Last Date

“Pirate of Korean Sea: The Curse of the Black Swan” and “Cowgirl Story”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Save your lives, readers! The nuclear bomb is about to drop!

@ Wivern, krina_love, Hosana_to_highest, blank123, awvibe, michaeng091020, jyp_stan : Thank you for your comment! Keep commenting!

@ Hosana_to_highest: Oh, you wrote your own preview/trailer! Nice! LOL

CHAPTER 132 THE LAST DATE


SONG LYRICS : Eminem feat. Ludacris & Lil Wayne - Second Chance




"Jeongyeon? What brings you here?" Mina asked.

"Can we talk inside your room?" Jeongyeon asked back. Her face looked serious, and it made Mina hell of scared that something bad had happened to Nayeon.

"Sure." Mina said with a frown. Jeongyeon asking to talk inside her room means this is a very secretive case.

Mina went inside her room. Jeongyeon followed after.

"Sit down, please."

Jeongyeon came and sat on the chair beside the bed. While Mina sat on the bed.

"Do you have a guess about what I'm going to talk about?"

Mina frowned. She remembered the last talk she had with Jeongyeon was in the water park resort, and it was about Nayeon.

"Is it about Nayeon?" asked Mina.

Jeongyeon nodded. "Yes."

"What about her?"

"Make a guess."

Mina thought for a moment. "You're going to tell me why she's avoiding me."

"Bingo! Wow! Since when you have become smart, Mina? Normally, you are very dense."

Mina let out a sigh of annoyance. "Alright! I know I'm dense. No need to stress it out, okay? So what are you going to tell me? Why is Nayeon avoiding me?"

"Make a guess."

Mina thought again. "I don't know. I give up."

"Tck! You're still dense, indeed." Jeongyeon said. She then handed Mina the tape.

"What is this?" Mina asked curiously.

Jeongyeon leaned closer and whispered.

"It's the answer to your question about Nayeon, and why she's avoiding you. I recorded the tape on Saturday night at the restaurant near the water park resort. I recorded this after you, Sana, and Seoyeon returned to the hotel room. Nayeon didn't know I recorded this. She was a bit drunk while we're talking. But everything she said is true. Listen to it tonight, Mina, and listen to it carefully. And don't tell anyone about this tape, not even to Nayeon. You can't tell Nayeon I told you this. And you can't mention anything in this tape to Nayeon." She said with a serious face.

"O-Okay." Mina stared at Jeongyeon, baffled.

Jeongyeon continued. "I will call you again tomorrow. And I will give you time until this Friday to take action. If you don't take action, I will take her for me."

Mina's eyes widened. "What? You will take who? What do you mean?"

Jeongyeon smirked. "You'll know what I mean." She stood up and gave a pat on Mina's shoulder.

"See you later." The lawyer then walked out of Mina's room.

The sound of Jeongyeon's car was heard from a distance as the lawyer drove back to her apartment.



Mina was alone in her room, still feeling puzzled upon Jeongyeon's sudden visit.

She stared at the cassette in her hand, trying to make a guess what kind of stuff she would be hearing from this tape.

She then took out a walkman and a headphone, and she put the cassette into it, and then she pressed the PLAY button.

What she heard next was beyond her imagination.



"That's interesting, Nay. And how did you make a move on her, exactly?"


Mina recognized the voice as Jeongyeon's. And she frowned immediately upon hearing that question.

Nayeon is making a move on me? What does she mean? Mina found herself startled. She continued listening. She still had no idea of what she was going to find out.


"Oh, I did a lot of things, Jeong, a lot of things." Mina recognized this as Nayeon's voice, and it was a bit slurred as if the owner was drunk. But then she remembered Jeongyeon said Nayeon was drunk while this recording was made.

"I asked her to go to the savannah and mountain with me. I tried to talk to her often, to get to know her better. I give her a lot of projects. I used Seoyeon as a reason to get close to her. I asked her to bring Seoyeon to my house. I used Seoyeon as a reason to kiss and hug Mina. I even made stupid agreements with her so that I could get a kiss and a hug from her."


Mina's mouth opened like a tuna fish in shock. She pressed the STOP button, and REWIND, and PLAY again from the beginning. She listened to it carefully once again, to make sure she was hearing it right.

What is this? Nayeon wants to get close to me? She wants to get a kiss and a hug from me? And she wants to kiss me and hug me too? What the hell is this? And all this time she acted as if she hated those punishment!

The audio tape continued playing. Mina quickly recognized it as a conversation between Jeongyeon and Nayeon. Their voices were distinguishable, and there were no other people talking, only the lawyer and the CEO.


"Agreements? What agreements?"

"Hm. There's a one kiss for one slap, one hug for one punch. One kiss for one fight, plus one hug if she lost the fight. Then one kiss for one minute late, and one hug for five minutes late."

"That's so many agreements. Does that mean she has to give you a kiss and a hug as a punishment or something?"

"Hm. Yeah. Most of it is her punishment. Except the first one. One kiss for one slap is for me. If I get angry and slap her, then I have to kiss her. Tck! That makes me want to slap her just so that I could get a chance to kiss her."


Once again, Mina's mouth opened like a tuna fish in shock.

She wants to kiss me? Im Nayeon wants to kiss me? Is she for real?

Mina continued listening. And her heart started beating faster as she proceeded.


"Oh wow! What about the other agreements?"

"The other agreements are all punishment for her. If she has a fight with someone and appears at my office bruised, then she will have to kiss me. If she loses the fight, she has to hug me. If she comes to my office late, she must give me one kiss for every minute that she makes me wait. And how I wish she was late everyday just so that I could kiss her and hug her. This is silly, I know."

"It's just a kiss on the cheek, but it already makes me feel so happy. I wonder how it feels to kiss her on the lips. Sana must be very lucky. Tck! I remember after she started dating Sana, I gave her a cold shoulder every time she came to my office wearing that scarf from Sana, you know, just to show her that I’m jealous. But still, she never realized it."


Mina's jaw dropped to the floor. She felt her heart stopped beating. And she found herself stopped breathing.

What the-? Oh God! This isn't real! There's no way Nayeon would want to kiss me! She hates kissing me! She distaste hugging me!

Mina pressed the STOP button again to give herself time to process everything.

So all this time she was lying to me? She actually likes kissing me? And she wants to kiss me on the lips? My God! This isn't happening! No! No! No! Jeongyeon must have faked this tape. There's no way Nayeon would say something like this. And she's jealous of me and Sana? Oh God! Please tell me I'm just dreaming! I never thought she liked me!

Mina took a deep breath to calm herself, preparing herself to continue listening.

And then, with a shaky hand, she pressed the PLAY button again.



"I've done everything to get her attention. I was planning that if she returns just a bit of feelings for me, then I will breakup with Jaebum and pursue her. One day I went to the savannah with her. And I tried to make a move on her, by pretending to fall to the river and then changing my clothes in front of her. At first I thought it worked. I caught her staring secretly at me while I was changing. I also tried to kiss her, just to see her reaction. She was blushing back then. Maybe she likes me. I hope she likes me. But no. She just thinks I'm beautiful and y just like other girls. But she never has feelings for me."


Mina gasped. She was in so much shock. She pressed the STOP button again and threw her walkman onto the bed and panickedly removed her headphones. Her face looked terrified as if she had just seen a ghost.

What the is this!? What kind of joke is this? Nayeon and Jeongyeon must have faked this to fool me! They wanted to make fun of me! That must be it!

And the trip to the savannah! She fell to the river and changed her shirt in front of me! She came to me and almost kissed me! Was that all her plan? She's making a move on me? This can't be happening! Oh God!

Mina ruffled her hair in frustration. She then stared at the walkman on her bed, still looking terrified, afraid to touch it and turn it on again and continue listening.

After taking a few deep breaths, she then slowly took her walkman again and put on her headphones again.

And she pressed the PLAY button again.


"You see, Jeong, I have done everything to get her attention. But it never worked. She never realized it."

"So do you love-"

"Yes! Yes! I love her, Jeong! I love Mina so much! Ever since the day I first saw her!"


Mina felt as if she had just been hit and knocked down by an invisible force, an invisible opponent who is much stronger than her. Her brain felt like explode, and her heartbeat increased to a very dangerous level.

She pressed the PAUSE button, trying hard to maintain herself. She grabbed the glass of water on the desk and emptied it in one gulp.

She took a moment to calm herself. Then she began to think.

Nayeon loves me? How? Why? And she said she loves me since the first day we met? When?

Mina closed her eyes. She felt her head a bit dizzy. Suddenly everything becomes so complex. Suddenly she realized this world was not the way it seemed to be. Suddenly she found herself in a new world, an alternate reality. And suddenly she saw Nayeon in a very different light.

All this time, Nayeon had been acting so cold and distant towards her. Turns out it's just a facade. A mask that hid Nayeon's true face and true feeling.

Now Mina realized that Nayeon's sudden change of behavior, trying to avoid her and cutting all ties with her, it was because she loved her.

Im Nayeon loved her. Ever since she first saw her.



Mina felt her eyes watering. She couldn't imagine how much pain and suffering Nayeon had been through, to hide her feelings from her for one whole year, when they met each other regularly almost every week.

Mina sat there for a moment, frozen like a statue.

She then braced herself and released the PAUSE button, and continued listening again.


"This is surprising. Nay, have you told this to anyone? Your sisters perhaps?"

"No, I never told this to anyone. And by the way, this is a dream right? Because there's no way I would tell this secret to anyone. Not even to you, Jeong."

"Yes, this is a dream. Right now you're on your bed, dreaming. So please continue your story, Nay. Tell me how did you fall in love with Mina in the first place?"

"Just like I said, I already fell in love with her since the first day I saw her. It was fourteen months ago."

"Fourteen months ago? But that was before you moved to this town! Where did you meet her?"

"Well, I was visiting this town back then, I was looking for a mansion to buy. I was driving my blue Range Rover, and I stopped by the savannah. The view was beautiful, so I decided to take a look. I saw her riding on her black horse, herding and feeding her horses on the grass field. She saw me there, but she couldn’t see my face because we're too far away. But I can see her through my binocular. And do you know what she did to me back then?"

"What?"

"She teased me. She flirted with me."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. She stared at me through my binocular. Then she smiled and winked at me. And she did it without even seeing my face and knowing who I am. Tck! She's so cheeky! But I have to admit, she's very charming, and attractive. And until now, she never realized it was me on the savannah."


Mina pressed the PAUSE button. She lay her back on the bed, her feet still touching the floor. Her head hurt, and her body trembled by this shocking revelation.

She remembered it now. The day she met and flirted with the Range Rover woman. That woman was Im Nayeon. How could she not know it? Nayeon had a blue Range Rover Classic, although she very rarely used it.

Mina thought her first encounter with Nayeon was when she and Nayeon met at the savannah, when her horses clashing towards Nayeon's car and then Nayeon attempted to shot Mina's horses with a rifle. Turns out Nayeon had already seen Mina long before that.

It was so long ago. Fourteen months ago. And Nayeon had been loving Mina since then. Nayeon had fallen in love with Mina ever since Mina met and flirted with her at the savannah, through that binocular. Mina had no idea that what she did back then had made the stranger -Im Nayeon- fell in love with her.

Mina continued lying on her bed. She stared at the ceiling, her mind was in a jumbled mess. Then she released the PAUSE button and continued listening to the tape.


"Why did you never tell her, Nay? Why didn't you just be honest to her and admit your love to her?"

"I'm a coward, that's why. I'm scared of being hurt by rejection. And I'm sure she will reject me. I'm not her type. I'm nothing like Sana."


Of course, Nayeon was nothing like Sana. They're like a polar opposite. Nayeon was cold. Sana was warm. Nayeon was intimidating. Sana was comforting. The only thing the two had in common was that, they both loved Myoui Mina.


Mina continued listening.


"So, I moved to this town. And I had more chances to meet her. At first, most of our encounters were one-sided. I saw her many times, but she didn't see me. In my house when she delivered groceries. On the streets when she was hanging out with her sisters and friends. At a restaurant where she saw Sana’s performance, and when she stalked Sana and Seunghyun having a dinner date."

"You saw Mina stalking them?"

"Yeah. I saw her. I think it was the same night when Seunghyun tried to Sana, because the next day I saw Mina had bruises on her hands, must be from the fighting. Then when I visited the hospital, I saw Seunghyun being treated for injury. I knew something wasn't right. And when Mina passed by my house that night, heavily injured, and then I learned the truth from Momo and Chaeng,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter