Ch.120 The Wedding Plan (Part 2)

“Pirate of Korean Sea: The Curse of the Black Swan” and “Cowgirl Story”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is a double update. Please go back one chapter (to Chapter 119) before you read this one.

CHAPTER 120 THE WEDDING PLAN (Part 2)





THURSDAY EVENING. AT JEONGYEON'S OFFICE.

Tzuyu paid a visit to the lawyer's office to talk about recent updates of some of their cases and also about their friends' situation.

"Jeongyeon, I heard from Mina, Nayeon is going to get married soon with Jaebum."

"Yeah. Nayeon told me too, a few days ago."

"I'm a little bit worried for her. Her decision seems to be a bit too rushed."

"Yeah, I think so too. And I'm sure Jaebum is hiding a secret from Nayeon. I found Jennie often goes to Jaebum's room and talks with him for hours. And I have seen Jennie's car parked in front of Jaebum's house several times. I don't know what they're up to, but they're really suspicious. I have told Chaeyoung and others about this and asked them to keep their eyes on Jaebum and Jennie."

"Do you think we should show the pictures to Nayeon?" Tzuyu asked.

"What pictures? Oh you mean the pictures of her and Mina at the savannah?"

"Yes."

"Hm. Yeah. Maybe we should, but let's wait until we find something about Jaebum first. And about Jennie, I have also conducted an investigation about her activity in the company. You know Nayeon has been asking for my help to take care of some legal issues for her company. I'm not an accountant, but I found something suspicious about their financial activity. Jennie has been selling stocks quite a lot in the stock market. Now I'm trying to track the buyers, just in case they are connected."

"Oh, now that's really something. Keep your nose on it, Jeong."

"Yeah, I will. Problem is, I only have a little time to do a free investigation. I'm overloaded with work now." Jeongyeon said with a sigh.

"Maybe you should hire more partners. You only have one now."

"Yeah. You're right. I really should hire more partners." Jeongyeon sighed.

Tzuyu then continued. "I'm also continuing my investigation about those people who had intruded Mina's land eight months ago. I think I'm getting closer to finding the culprit."

Jeongyeon frowned. "You mean those people who made fire and shot Momo before?"

"Yeah." Tzuyu nodded. "It was eight months ago, so the case has been closed because they don't have enough evidence. So I'm conducting my own investigation. Recently Mina told me, once or twice in a month, there were people coming to her and wanting to buy her land. She has given me their names and their contacts. Most of them were coming from other provinces. At first I thought those people are interested because of the strategic location of this town. But I don't see the same thing happening to other ranches in this town. They aren't interested in buying other ranches in this town, and only targeting to buy Mina's land. Do you think the same thing with me, Jeong?"

The lawyer frowned. "Those people are sent by someone who wants something from Mina's land."

Tzuyu nodded. "Bingo! Those buyers were most likely sent by the same person who wants something from Mina's land, or wants to take over her land. While those intruders who had made fire and shot Momo were professionals. And I don't think they come to attack the girls. Momo's shooting was an accident because Momo caught them and fought them off. Maybe they just want to destroy Mina's property and make Mina move out from her land."

"Oh. Geez. We should tell Mina about this."

"I'm planning too. But she already has too much stuff on her plate right now, and my investigation still has not finished yet. I will tell her after I manage to get some names of the culprit." Tzuyu said.

Jeongyeon stared at Tzuyu and then letting out a sigh, she rested herself on the backrest.

"Look at us, Chewy. We're both doing something for our friends even without their knowing. I'm helping Nayeon. You're helping Mina. And we're doing it for free. We're such a good friends to them, aren't we?" Jeongyeon said.

"Yeah, we are, Jeong, we are." Tzuyu said and then stood up, ready to leave.

"Today's very tiring, I need some warm bath."

"Yeah, me too."

"Good night, Jeong."

"Good night, Chewy."

The officer then left the office.

Jeongyeon went back to her work, and not long after, her intercom rang.

"Yes, Taeha?"

"Jeongyeon, you have a guest. She said she didn't have an appointment with you, but she said you know her. Her name is Bae Joohyun."

"Bae Joohyun? Oh yes, I know her. She's my friend's friend. Please tell her to wait for a minute. I will meet her."

Jeongyeon finished her stuff and then walked out of her room.

She saw the doctor sitting in the guest room, looking panicked and worried.

And Jeongyeon wondered what brought Joohyun here to her office. Joohyun was one of Jihyo's seniors and closest friends. She also worked at the same hospital as the Im doctor. Jeongyeon had met with Joohyun on several occasions, either on public events in this town, or when the latter was hanging around with Jihyo.

"Good evening, Miss Joohyun. Is there anything that I can help?" Jeongyeon asked politely.

The beautiful doctor bit her lips. "Yes, I have a big problem now."

"What is it?"

"One of my patients died last week. And now I'm being sued for malpractice. Their family had filed the charge against me today." Joohyun said, panicking.

"Oh, that's a very serious accusation. Come, let's talk in my room."




FRIDAY EVENING. AT THE IM MANSION.

The Im Family were having family dinner as usual.

"Dahyun, tomorrow you will come with me to the art exhibition. And Sunday you will stay at home and do your homework." SungRyung said in an authoritative tone.

The youngest Im didn't say anything, and just continued eating her meal.

"Jihyo, when are you going to go to the conference?" SungRyung asked Jihyo.

"Next week, Eomma."

"Is Youngjae coming too?"

"Yes."

"Good. Take this opportunity to get close to him." SungRyung said, again with a rather authoritative tone.

Finally, she turned to Nayeon. And this time, her voice softened. Probably because Nayeon had been giving her the best news so far, a very good news about the wedding plan.

"Nayeon, when are you going to meet the wedding organizer? You have to do it soon. Three months is not a long time. You have to prepare a lot of things. The building, the wedding dress, the food, the guests, the bridesmaids, the gifts, the photographers, everything. And both you and Jaebum are very busy with your work. It will be difficult for you to find time."

"Hm. Yes. Thanks for the remind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter