Ch.159 The Jewelry Theft (Part 3)

“Pirate of Korean Sea: The Curse of the Black Swan” and “Cowgirl Story”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


CHAPTER 159 THE JEWELRY THEFT (Part 3)






MONDAY MORNING. AT THE IM RANCH.

Nayeon arrived early in the morning. She parked her car and saw Jaebum's car was already parked there. She then hurriedly came into Jaebum's room.

"Nayeon? Good morning!" Jaebum greeted her.

"Don't 'good morning' me, Jae! Where do you hide the jewelry?"

"The jewelry? Oh you mean, the jewelry that Mina stole from your mother? It's not me, Nayeon. I wasn't even there when the jewelry was stolen from your house."

"Well, yes, you weren't there, but you work together with Jennie. Jennie stole the jewelry and put some of it inside Mina's car and hid the rest of it. We've searched in my house but we still can't find it, so it must be hidden in your house or other place. Where is it? Where did you put the jewelry?"

"It's not on me. I didn't steal it."

"Don't lie to me, Jae. I know it was you."

"Well, then go search for it. You can search my house, but you'll never find it, because I didn't steal it."

Nayeon let out a sigh. "Why are you doing this, Jae? You used to be a good man before, but now you've changed. Now you and Jennie are just the same. Look, how about you return the jewelry to me so that I can free Mina from the charge? And I won't do anything against you and Jennie. I know you and Jennie hate Mina. But Mina is my friend, and I'm going to keep my partnership with her for a very long time. So I'm asking you again, please return the jewelry, and then you can go back to Seoul and take care of our office there. Or you can take care of our companies in Daegu and Gwangju. That way we won't be fighting each other anymore. I will let you do what you want, and you will not disturb my friends again. Let’s not bother each other again." Nayeon said, attempting to negotiate.

Upon hearing Nayeon's offer, Jaebum only smiled. "No, Nayeon. Our main office is here. And I do have a lot of business here. You see I'm bringing a lot of projects too for our company. I care for our company, just like you. My only mistake was to cheat on you with Jennie, but I did that because you never loved me, and you cheated on me first. You cheated on me with Mina while we're still engaged. So now we're even. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting with my team this morning. Let's talk about this again later." Jaebum said as he then stood up and walked to the door. He opened the door and gestured to Nayeon to leave. Nayeon didn't have a choice. She then left and went back to her room.






INSIDE THE JAIL.

Mina had just finished her breakfast when an officer came and informed her about her visitors. The officer opened the cell and let Mina out. He took her to the visitation room where Momo and Yejin had been waiting for her.

Yejin spoke. "Mina, we have a problem. We've just talked to the warden and they said they won't accept your bail."

"What!? But why-?" Mina was in shock.

"The sheriff and the judge had denied the bail application. They said your crime is too high and that they suspect you will runaway with the jewelry." Momo explained.

Mina found herself baffled. "No. They can't do that. I have the right for the bail."

"Apparently they've stripped you out of your right. I don't know how it is possible. But they said even if you're allowed for the bail, it would be very, very high." Momo said.

"Well I'm sure it won't be a problem. Nayeon will help me. Bail is just a temporary, it's different from fine. Bail will be returned after the trial is over." Mina spoke.

Momo scratched her head. "I don't know how the system works here so I can't argue with those officers. Better wait for Jeongyeon. Nayeon called us last night. She said she's going to visit you today, and tonight she will talk to Jeongyeon about your case." Momo said.

Mina felt her spirit was lightened up a bit upon knowing Nayeon was going to visit her today. Mina had called Nayeon last night, but they didn't talk much because they knew the phone in jail was tapped and monitored by the police. It was not comfortable for them to talk on the phone.

"Yejin, how is my father?" Mina then asked.

"He's alright. He just keep asking and talking about you, and I told him you would come home soon." Yejin said. "How about making a call to Momo or Chaeyoung's cellphone? Then we will give the phone to him so that he can hear your voice."

"Oh yes. I will do that." Mina nodded.

They talked for another minute until the officer told them their time was up.



AN HOUR LATER.

Nayeon arrived in front of the police station, and she hurriedly went inside. After talking with the officer, Nayeon was then brought to the visitation room. She saw Mina sitting at a table on the corner, cladded in orange clothes, and her wrists were handcuffed. Guilt immediately washed over Nayeon.

"Mina!"

"Nayeon!"

They looked at each other, and both found themselves resisting from hugging and kissing each other.

"Mina, I'm sorry. I shouldn't let this happen to you. I'm so sorry! I will fix this problem and release you from the charge, I promise." Nayeon whispered.

Mina nodded. "Thank you. I'm glad at least you believe me. I didn't steal anything from your house."

"Of course, I believe you. This must be Jennie and Jaebum's scheme again. I knew they would try to do something bad to you. But I didn't expect them to go this far. I'm sorry, Mina. I should've protected you more. And I shouldn't have asked you to come to my house too often."

"It's alright. No one can predict what will happen." Mina said.

Nayeon let out a sigh. "Yesterday I talked to my mother, asking her to withdraw the charge, but she refused. Mina, I'm really, really sorry."

"It's okay, Nay. You've tried. Thanks."

Nayeon then thought of something.

"Mina, how much is your bail price? I will pay it for you."

Mina shook her head. "They don't accept my bail."

"What!? Why?"

"They said they were afraid I would runaway with the jewelry."

"What? No, they can't do that! Everyone has the right for the bail. I will talk to Jeongyeon about this. And tomorrow she will come to visit you. Just tell her everything, I’m sure she can help us."

"Okay." Mina smiled.

Seeing that smile made Nayeon feel a bit relieved. "Mina, you're here because of me, I mean, because my family. I'll take full responsibility for your case."

Mina nodded. "Thank you."

"Stop saying thank you. I'm the main reason why you're here now." Nayeon said while staring and pouting at Mina.

"Hey, don't look at me like that." Mina said.

"Why?"

"Because it makes me want to kiss you." Mina whispered and smiled.

Nayeon's heart fluttered upon seeing that smile. Even in a situation like this, Mina was still able to make her heart go dokidoki.

The officer came and gave them a warning, indicating their time was up. They talked a little more before Nayeon left.

After that, Mina was sent back to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter