Ch.114 The Seal Of Confession (Part 2)

“Pirate of Korean Sea: The Curse of the Black Swan” and “Cowgirl Story”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 114 THE SEAL OF CONFESSION (Part 2)





Chaeyoung had trouble sleeping that night after she returned from the church. She didn't talk a lot with others. She suddenly become a quiet person, just spending the rest of the day playing with Seoyeon until bedtime came. And while she was lying there on her bed, Chaeyoung kept hugging the little girl tightly.

The baby tiger didn't know what to do. She was in a dilemma. And this was the first time she found herself in a confusing situation like this.

Chaeyoung wasn't the brightest or smartest person in the town. Sometimes, she made mistakes too. And back when she was younger, she was quite rebellious and troublemaker too, just like her stepsister. But she always knows what to do. When she made a mistake or did something bad, she would apologize and take her punishment willingly. And then everything would be forgiven. There's nothing confusing about that.

But now her situation is very different. She was torn between protecting her sister, and saving Nichkhun's little sister's life. Now she had to make a hard decision.

Chaeyoung kept on thinking through the whole night, and still, she couldn't find an answer.



WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.

Chaeyoung was having lunch together with Dahyun at a restaurant near the horse-racing academy. Dahyun had just finished her training early today, and she managed to sneak out from her academy without getting caught by her trainers.

"Chaeng, how is Seoyeon doing now? Is she okay?" Dahyun asked.

"Yes, she's fine," answered Chaeyoung shortly.

"Do you have a plan where we're going to take her this week?" Dahyun asked.

"Hm. No. Maybe just the usual place, the amusement park."

"Okay." Dahyun nodded.

Chaeyoung kept on thinking while eating their lunch in silence.

"Dubs, I have something to tell you. Don't be shocked, okay?" The baby tiger said after they finished their lunch.

Dahyun frowned. "What is it?"

"I'm in trouble. A big trouble."

Dahyun listened.

Chaeyoung stared at her girlfriend.

"You remember the incident in the polo game four months ago?"

"Yeah? About Jaebum asking Nichkhun to attack Mina?"

"Mm-hm. Yesterday Nichkhun came at me. He asked me to meet him in the church, along with Somi. He said he knew about our prank in the confession session."

Dahyun frowned. "How did he know?"

"He probably just made a guess. But it's actually not hard to figure it out. Mina had mentioned the exact amount of money Jaebum gave him. And Nichkhun only revealed that information in the confession session. Father Taecyeon must have told him it wasn't him who heard the confession. They knew someone had pulled a prank and eventually, Nichkhun's guess narrowed down at me. Everyone knows I'm a huge prankster, so yeah, it's not that difficult for him to find me and Somi."

Dahyun stared. "And what does Nichkhun want now?"

Chaeyoung took a sigh. "He wants me to cancel my accusation towards him, and apologize to Jaebum and everyone."

"What? How-?"

"He wants me to come to Nayeon's office next week, and tell everyone that I have given a false information to Mina about him, and that I have made a false accusation towards him, and he wants me to apologize to everyone, especially to Jaebum."

Dahyun's jaw dropped to the floor.

"But that will make Mina, and you-..."

"Yes, that will make Mina and me look bad in front of your family."

"Oh no, Chaeng. No, you can't do this. Jaebum! That jerk! I'm going to talk to him!" Dahyun said, knocking her fist on the table.

"No Dubs, please don't. We can't do anything about this. Nichkhun said he's going to reveal my prank to the whole town if I refuse to do what he wants. And I can't let him reveal my prank."

"Chaeng, he's blackmailing you! I'm gonna tell Nayeon!"

"Dubs, don't, please. If you tell Nayeon, she will go and talk to Jaebum, and everything will be ruined! Nichkhun wants me to cancel the accusation and clear Jaebum's name in front of Nayeon! We can't tell Nayeon!"

"And you will do what he wants? You will take the blame for those jerks?"

"I have no choice. I can't reveal my own prank. I have stolen the secrets from half of the townspeople here. What do you think they will do if they know I have stolen their secret in the confession session?"

Dahyun sighed.

Chaeyoung continued. "And besides, I have another reason for doing this."

"What is it?"

"Nichkhun's little sister is sick. She needs a surgery. And Jaebum will give Nichkhun money for the surgery, if Nichkhun can make me nullify my accusation towards them and apologize to them."

"Oh God." Dahyun couldn't say anything anymore.

"Nichkhun said if I don't do what he wants, and he couldn't get the money from Jaebum for the surgery, then he will blame me if his little sister dies."

"Chaeng..." Dahyun took Chaeyoung's hand and rubbed it to give her comfort.

"Dubs, I shouldn't have pulled that prank in the first place. I shouldn't have saved my sister at the cost of sacrificing other people's life. I have to fix this, Dubs. I have no choice."

"What did Mina say about this?"

"I haven't talked to her yet, and I plan to do it tonight. Mina already knows about Jaebum's scheming so she would still be very careful around him. I will clear Jaebum's name, and I will try to protect Mina's name too. The only one who will take the blame is me."

Dahyun shook her head in frustration. "Oh Chaeng... If only there's something I can do..."

"It's okay, Dubs. This is not a big deal. Your family will think bad about me, but that's okay. There's still plenty of time to fix this in the future."

Dahyun let out another sigh. "When are you going to come to our ranch?"

"Monday morning."

"Monday? My mother and I will be visiting the ranch next Monday. Tck! Jaebum must have chosen that day so that everyone will be there when you come."

"Yeah. Maybe."

"I'm going to tell Nayeon."

"Dubs. You can't-"

"We need to tell my sisters, Chaeng. I had intended to tell Nayeon about this since long ago, but you keep holding me back. Now you can't forbid me. I will tell my sisters."

"No! What if Nayeon go and talk to Jaebum about this?"

"Chaeng, I thought you were smart. Listen, I will tell Nayeon everything but of course I will ask her to stay silent in front of Jaebum." Dahyun said. "I will tell her everything, about your prank in the church, about the confession, and about Nichkhun blackmailing you. And I will tell her to keep silent about this and just play along with Nichkhun and Jaebum's scheme."

Chaeyoung frowned.

"Dubs, you will ask your sister to pretend in front of her fiancé? Tck! No, this is not gonna work. Don't tell Nayeon. I don't mind taking all the blame. Really. I don't mind if everyone including your sisters think I'm a bad person."

"No, Chaeyoung, this isn't just about you. This is about my sister and Jaebum too. Nayeon needs to know Jaebum is a bad person. Tck! How I wish she could break her engagement with that jerk!"

Chaeyoung didn't say anything, only letting out a sigh.

A sound of ringing was heard from inside Dahyun's bag. It's from her cellphone. The youngest Im took her phone and flipped it out.

"Yes, Mark?" She spoke to the phone. "I'm having a lunch. Okay, I'm going back now."

She closed her phone and put it back into her bag.

"Mark said my teachers are coming. I need to go back now. I'll call you tonight, Chaeng. Send my kiss and hug to Seoyeon." Dahyun said as she gave a kiss and a hug to her girlfriend.

"Okay. Take care." Chaeyoung said, and they waved each other goodbye.





Nayeon left her office early

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter