Ch.113 The Seal Of Confession (Part 1)

“Pirate of Korean Sea: The Curse of the Black Swan” and “Cowgirl Story”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

@ krina_love, blank123, jyp_stan : You're all a sadist, just like me. XD

@ Wivern : No more friendly kiss, because we will have a passionate nine-slaps-and-nine-kisses. And Nichkhun signed the letter because he will confront Chaeyoung directly and blackmail her, so there’s no point to hide his identity.

@ guguischomi : Nayeon has both feminine and masculine side. Her masculine side comes from the Byronic Hero characterization (read the description below).


Byronic Hero (named after the English romantic poet Lord Byron 1788-1824) is typical of a character notable for being sullen, withdrawn, hard to like and hard to know, but usually possessing a rich inner life and a softer side accessible only to a special few. The character is dark, serious, mysterious, brooding, tragic, tormented and suffering, intelligent, perceptive, sophisticated, educated, cunning and adaptable, but also self-centered. They're generally cynical, world-weary, jaded, and tortured by their troubled past. They possess a great deal of magnetism and charisma, and they use these abilities to achieve a social and romantic dominance.

While I see Mina having most of those traits IRL, she still lacks the cunning/dominant trait. In the earliest chapters, my readers asked me why I switched MiNayeon personalities here. And I have mentioned in Chapter 6, about the reasons why I switched MiNayeon personalities. In real life, Nayeon is the playful one and Mina is the cold/distant one. But in real life, Nayeon is also much more cunning/dominant/charismatic, that's why she is more suitable to be the Byronic Hero. Also, I cannot picture Mina as a mother who lost her daughter and Nayeon as a tomboyish cowgirl. I just can't LOL. I need someone with toned abs and handsome face as a cowgirl LOL.

REFERENCE:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ByronicHero

CHAPTER 113 THE SEAL OF CONFESSION (Part 1)


TUESDAY AFTERNOON.

Chaeyoung went to the church alone. She didn't tell anyone about Nichkhun’s message, although she planned to, later.

At the entrance gate, she met with Somi.

"Somi, did Nichkhun send you a message too?"

"Yeah. How did he know about us anyway?"

Chaeyoung sighed. "It's easy. I’m guessing Nichkhun didn’t tell anyone else about his secret, and only revealed it in the confession session. We heard it and we told Mina about it. And Mina confronted Jaebum. Nichkhun then asked Father Taecyeon about the confession, and Father Taecyeon told him it wasn't him who had listened to the confession. And of course, Nichkhun eventually found out it was us."

Somi could only pout and sigh.

"What should we do now, Chaeng?"

"I don't know. Let's just meet him and talk to him. And we will know what he wants."

The two entered the church, and inside they were greeted by Father Taecyeon and Nichkhun.

"So, you two are the culprits?" Father Taecyeon asked. His face looked angered.

"No." Both Chaeyoung and Somi shook their heads in denial.

"You dare to lie inside the church!? I'm sure it was you! You told Mina about my secret deal with Jaebum! Mina even knows about the amount of money I received from him! Five hundred thousand won! I never mentioned that to anyone except in the confession session! There's no way Mina will know all those details if it wasn't from you, Chaeyoung! Just admit it! You two are guilty for your sins!" Nichkhun spoke angrily.

"Somi, Chaeyoung, I have asked my assistants here, and some of them saw you sneaking near my room. You locked me there, didn't you?"

Chaeyoung and Somi couldn't deny it anymore. All evidence pointed to them. And they had no alibi at all.

"Yes, Father, we're sorry. We apologized for that." Chaeyoung and Somi said with their heads down.

The handsome priest let out a sigh.

"Listen, Chaeyoung, Somi. What you did is wrong. You have intruded other people's privacy. Do you know how hard it is for us, priests and pastors, to keep people's trust in us? People confess their sins to us and share their secrets to us because they trust us. They trust us in the name of God. And we will never betray their trust no matter what." Said Taecyeon.

"But, Father, what Jaebum did is evil. He had harmed my sister. And if I didn't tell Mina about it, he probably would have done something worse to hurt her. I'm just protecting my sister here." Chaeyoung defended herself.

"I know, Chaeyoung, but still, you can't do it by using the means of confession. No matter what happens, you can't break the seal of confession."

"The seal of confession?"

"Yes. The seal of confession."

"But, Father. You said we have to fight evil, and those people are the evil one here!" Chaeyoung said as she pointed her finger at Nichkhun.

"I know what Nichkhun and Jaebum did was wrong, cruel, and evil. But let me tell you this, Chaeyoung, if you fight those evils in a wrong way, it will make you become evil just like them." Taecyeon said.

"What? I don't understand..." Chaeyoung could only stared, puzzled.

"Listen, Chaeyoung. Nichkhun had told me that after you revealed his secret to your sister, Nichkhun had lost his chance to get a promotion and salary rise from Jaebum. And now Nichkhun is facing a serious financial problem." Taecyeon said.

"So what? It's not my problem! I only want to protect my sister!" Chaeyoung insisted.

Taecyeon glared at Chaeyoung. "Chaeyoung, how many times I have to tell you, you can't do that by breaking the seal of confession!"

"What!? To hell with that! I am not a priest! I'm not bound by the seal of confession or whatever you say!"

"SON CHAEYOUNG!" The handsome priest raised his tone. "Do you understand the secrecy of the confession? It's a sacred duty for us to keep the confession secret. Do you know how many priests had died as martyrs in the past? They sacrificed their lives to protect the seal of confession! Do you understand? Even I cannot save my own life by using the means of confession! If someone confesses to me they have put poison in my coffee, I cannot stop myself from drinking it! If someone confesses to me they have put a snake

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter