Ch.112 What Can I Do To Make You Love Me?

“Pirate of Korean Sea: The Curse of the Black Swan” and “Cowgirl Story”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

@ krina_love : Yeah, I kinda grow with the characters as well.

@ Allgreader : I really can't wait to write the nine slaps scene LOL

@ michaeng091020 : Now I can't wait to write about the not-so-friendly kiss LOL

@ jyp_stan : Yeah, I love Nayeon so much too!

@ blank123 : Yup, this is the calm before the nine slaps storm!

@ Wivern : You like tame/calm chapter more? Well, sorry, I'm a chaotic evil author. I like chaotic/torturous chapter more. LOL



Another torturing chapter for bunny. Bunny is slowly giving up now. I literally cried while writing this.

DISCLAIMER: This is just a fic. The Author-nim does not oppose Jihyo and Daniel's relationship. In fact, she supports them very much. Same goes with Momo and Heechul.

CHAPTER 112 WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE YOU LOVE ME?


SONG LYRICS : The Corrs - What Can I Do

MONDAY MORNING. AT THE IM RANCH.

Nayeon was sitting alone in her room. And as usual, she started her day by reading and writing something on her diary. This was her way to boost her mood in the morning.

However, what she read and write this morning was not mood-boosting at all. Instead, it was depressing.

WEEK 12: Mommy bunny attended a tournament at Myoui's house for the second time. Something happened. Mommy bunny fell from the hanging bar and penguin caught her. Then penguin got slapped by her girlfriend. She then had a boxing match with the police officer. Mommy bunny put a high bet on her but she lost. Then mommy bunny had a talk with penguin's girlfriend. She asked mommy bunny to stay away from penguin. Mommy bunny is sad. Then mommy bunny met with bunny kid and wanted to play with her, but bunny kid was scared of mummy bunny. Mommy bunny feels saddened even more, and she cries on her way home.

Nayeon stared at her diary for a minute, thinking about Mina and Seoyeon. She then let out a sigh and closed her diary. And she tried to focus herself to her work again.

As usual, Mina would come to her office today, early in the morning. But Nayeon didn't feel like to meet her. She wasn't ready to face Mina again after what happened to them last weekend.

Nayeon was pretty sure Sana had asked Mina to keep their distance apart, and to lessen the activity they used to do together. And she was sure Mina would do as Sana asked her to. Nayeon figured from now on, there won't be any trip to the savannah and the mountain with Mina again. There won't be any kiss and hug with Mina again, not even the friendly ones.

And now Nayeon didn't know what to do. She had a hope to get Seoyeon back by making a move and trying to get closer to Mina. She thought she could get both of them if she tried. She thought she could steal Mina from Sana. She thought she could make Mina love her. But sadly, she was wrong. Mina didn't have feelings for her. Sana loved Mina, and Mina loved Sana.

Nayeon finally came to realization that she shouldn't pursue Mina anymore. No more trying. No more waiting. No more fighting. She had to give up on Mina.

And now all that was left for her was Seoyeon.

But oh, Seoyeon said she hated her too.

So what is left for her now? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Nayeon felt like she already lost in this war. She lost Mina. She lost Seoyeon. She lost everything.

She had money and everything that money can buy, but she failed to get the two most precious things for her.

Maybe she should just go back to her old life. Her life before she met Mina. Her life before she gave birth to Seoyeon. Back then, she was alone on her own. And she was fine, being alone like that.

Maybe being alone is better, because then no one will hurt her anymore. Living with someone, and loving someone, makes people vulnerable. It means you have to let your guard down, give yourself up to someone, let them see your weakness, and let yourself being hurt by the person you love. And Nayeon had no idea that loving someone can be this hurt. She had no idea that love can hurt so much. Maybe she should just stop loving people already.


The CEO kept on thinking while waiting for Mina to come.



Mina arrived an hour later. She was fifteen minutes late.

"Good morning, Nayeon." Mina greeted with a smile.

"Good morning, Mina." Nayeon greeted back.

Mina was already back to her nice, warm, friendly mode. Last week the penguin was in a cold, icy mode. And Nayeon was thankful it didn't last long.

The CEO then observed Mina's face, which was still fully covered with bruises and patches. The penguin had a blackeye and cracked lips, and it seemed painful. And Nayeon wondered how Mina was still able to smile like that, while enduring those pain. As Nayeon recalled, this had been the third time Mina came to this office with her face looking like that. Two months ago, Mina had a fight with Momo. Last month, Mina had a fight with Momo and Tzuyu who decided to gang up on her and kick her . And now, she had a fight with Tzuyu again in the tournament.

And seeing Mina bruised and beaten physically made Nayeon wonder, that physical pain was probably much more bearable and endurable than emotional pain. Maybe that's why Mina was still able to keep on smiling although her body was in pain. It's because physical pain is nothing compared to emotional pain.




"Nayeon, I'm sorry I'm late. My car is giving me trouble this morning and I had to call the mechanic to come to my house and fix the car. So I came here riding a bicycle." Mina said as she took her document from her bag and put it on the table.

"Oh, it's okay." Nayeon nodded, showing a little to no care. She took Mina's document and started reading it.

Mina stared at her. "Nayeon, I'm late. And I'll take the punishment."

Nayeon didn't answer.

"Two hugs and five kisses." Mina said again.

Nayeon still didn't respond, and just kept reading the document.

"I'll take my punishment now." Mina then stood up, ready to give Nayeon the kiss and the hug. "Please stand up, Nayeon."

However, Nayeon didn't budge.

"Nayeon?" Mina called.

The CEO took her eyes off the document, and turned at the cowgirl.

"There's no need for that anymore, Mina."

"Huh? Why?"

"I don't think it's necessary anymore."

"Why? Because it isn't my fault this time? Well, actually this is still my fault. I forgot to check my car yesterday. It is my fault."

Nayeon stared at Mina.

"Whether or not it is your fault, I still think it's not necessary for us to do that anymore. Let's forget about our agreements."

Mina frowned. "What? Why?"

"Because it's silly, and unnecessary. Come on, we're not kids anymore. What kind of people needs to be punished with kisses and hugs? Let's find something more useful to do. I propose reading and summarizing a book to be our new form of punishment. Or do you have another idea? We need something that is more useful than kissing and hugging." Nayeon said while forcing a fake smile.

Mina stared at her, obviously feeling puzzled at Nayeon's words.

"You don't think kissing and hugging useful for us?"

"No. Not anymore." Nayeon said calmly.

"Not even a friendly kiss?"

"No."

Mina frowned. She thought for a moment.

"Did Sana say something to you about this? Did she say we shouldn't kiss and hug each other anymore?"

"No."

"What were you two talking about, after the tournament?"

"Mm. I apologized to her, and she accepted my apology. She's also a bit angry because I put a very high bet on you."

"Why was she angry?"

"Because she thought I was pushing you to the limit."

Mina stared at Nayeon. "Pushing me to the limit?"

"Yeah."

"But that's a good thing! I like to be pushed to the limit! I almost won the fight, remember? And that is because you put that bet on me!"

"Yes, but by doing that, I also made you get hurt and injured more."

"Well, I don't mind that!"

Nayeon stared at the dense cowgirl. "You don't. But Sana does."

Mina frowned. "Oh, okay."

Nayeon just shook her head, annoyed upon seeing how dense Mina was.

"Is there anything else Sana said to you?" Mina asked again.

"No." Nayeon said. She decided not to tell Mina about the part where Sana asked her to stay away from Mina.

The dense cowgirl then let out a sigh. "Everyone said Sana was jealous at you getting close to me."

"Well, she has the right for that. Maybe we're too close." Nayeon said.

Mina frowned again. "But we're just friends! And you have a fiancé. There's no way I would-"

"I know, Mina. There's nothing happens between us. We're just friends."

"Friends! Right! And friends can kiss and hug too! What we're having is just a friendly kiss! So why can't we kiss and hug each other anymore?" Mina asked.

"Because I don't want to!" Nayeon glared at Mina.

I can't believe this! Mina, after all this between us, you still think those were just a friendly kiss! How much more dumb and dense can you be? I really should've given up on you now!


Mina spoke again. "Nayeon, if this is about me and Sana, I will talk to her."

The CEO glared and raised her tone. "No, Mina! This is not only about you and Sana! This is also about me and my fiancé! Do you forget? I also have a fiancé, and I'm going to get married with him next year, or this year!"

"You- You will get married with Jaebum?" Mina stared in shock.

"Yes! Yes! I will get married with Jaebum soon!" Nayeon said, still raising her tone. And she had no idea why she was telling this to Mina.

"Oh. That's great." Mina said, still a bit baffled.

The CEO stared at the cowgirl. She observed the girl and searched for a sign of jealousy in Mina's face, but she couldn't find it. And it made her so vexed and irritated.

Tck! She really has no feelings for me, does she? No jealousy at all! Tck!

Nayeon could only weep in sorrow. If only Mina didn't have bruises on her face right now, Nayeon probably would have slapped the penguin cowgirl hard across her face already, for making her heart ached over and over again.


Mina, what can I do to make you love me?
What can I do to make you care?
What can I say to make you feel this?
What can I do to get you there?

Now I'm tired of fighting.
Tired of trying to get your attention.

I'm giving up on you now, Mina.
No more waiting, no more aching.
No more fighting, no more trying.


<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter