Farewell Korea

Dance To My Heart

 

The next morning seemed like the saddest day ever for the academy. The best performers are about to leave at noon and everyone just went out of their dorms to greet them and bid their good byes. The weather is gloomy, dark, distorted clouds filled the morning sky. It is as if the weather is also coping up with the situation in the academy, and most especially to you and Hoya. As you pack your things and pile them all up in your black oversized duffel bag and pink luggage, you suddenly remember your first love, Hoya. You have no idea that he will be leaving today too. “Am I really going to leave him like this?” You ask yourself while you stare at blankly at your phone wallpaper, Hoya’s happy face stares back at you as the photo watches your tears stream down on your cheeks towards your phone’s screen.

 

 

Hours have passed and everyone is still busy spending their last hours left to bond with the scholars. As usual, Hoya, Dongjun, Myungsoo, and Dongwoo are all eating together at the cafeteria while giving some sort of fanservice to the other students of the academy. Their pictures were rapidly taken and signatures too. “Just in case they become famous, I already have their signatures and photos!” One girl said after asking for a selca and the four boys’ signatures. Meanwhile, Hyoyeon who is still lining up for food eventually becomes an idol. All the boys, including hoobaes and sunbaes, fanboy-ed over her for getting into one of the prestigious academies in California, USA. Some boys even bought her food and drinks, some were watching her beautifully buying food and some took photos of her using their phones. “Hyoyeon is mine!” “No, she won’t like you, she is your sunbae!” The people surrounding her screamed and demanded who Hyoyeon will pick among them. She glances back at the boys while tucking her hair behind her ear, she was blooming. Her presence is so radiant that the boys ended up opening their mouths and drooling over her as she passes by them. Hyoyeon walks over to where the four boys are and sits with them.

 

 

“What is up with these people today?” Hyoyeon puts down her tray and sits beside Dongjun. She ties up her hair into a messy bun and starts munching on her bacon and French toast.

 

 

Dongwoo smirks and leans his elbow down on the table and looks at the other scholars. “It’s just the beginning of our fame.” He crosses his legs like some he is sort of celebrity waiting for his fans to give him food and pampering. Myungsoo slaps Dongwoo’s arm in annoyance. The five of them continue chatting with one another and enjoying their last day together before going to separate ways, except for Dongjun and Hyoyeon who have been accepted in the same academy in California.

 

 

Meanwhile, while everyone is creating a fuss in the cafeteria, you silently leave your room like a mouse with your bags. The room across the hallway, your boys’ room, catches your attention. You stare at it for a little while. The memories come running back in your head, forming a smile in your lips. After a few minutes, you reach downstairs and walk to the president’s office to say your last good byes and to thank them for a wonderful stay in the academy despite the emotional hardships that you went through the past five months. You immediately leave the office after doing so and walk to the school gates, not wanting to look back anymore and take a last look at the academy.

 

 

Your journey here in Korea is finished. You take a cab and head off to Incheon airport.