Walkout

Dance To My Heart

 

“Oppa, what’s going on? Why do you look pissed?” You were curious as to why Hoya is shouting over the phone. “Aish!” He doesn’t hear your question and messes his hair. “Arasseo, arasseo, we’ll be there.” Hoya ends the call and looks at you. “Mian. It’s about the performance for the visitors.” “Performance?” Hoya caresses your face and holds your hand. “I’ll explain it to you later. For now, we need to go back to Soshi Building.”

 

 

 

The two of you walk back to Soshi Building. Everyone gathered by the bulletin board and is murmuring about the change of schedule. Dongjun sees you approaching and calls you. “Hyung! Ppali!” Hoya walks with you, his hand still holding yours and excuses himself as he goes through the crowd. Hoya looks at the bulletin board and gulps.

 

 

 

Bulletin Board:

Attention students! Performers should furnish their assigned performances today. There has been a sudden change of schedule and the representatives from different schools from all over the world will be arriving at the academy TOMORROW. Be ready! You don’t want to miss this big opportunity. PRACTICE. PRACTICE. PRACTICE.

 

 

 

Everyone looks at Hoya, then at Hyuna who just arrived and asked why everyone’s gathered by the bulletin board. “What’s the big news?” Hyoyeon stands beside her. “All the performances are moved tomorrow.” “Mwo? You’re kidding right?” Hyuna pushes the people who are blocking her sight from the bulletin board. “Are they serious about this?”

 

 

 

Hoya hears Hyuna’s irritating voice and calls her attention. “Ya, Hyuna. Practice now.” Hoya looks back at you and smiles a bit. You don’t know what’s going on so you squeeze Hoya’s hand and look back at him. “Oppa, am I going to perform too?” Hoya is surprised by your question, and thinks of an excuse. “You were supposed to, since you had an accident, you need rest and somebody had to replace you.” You show a devastated face after hearing what Hoya said. “Oh jjinja. Uhh, oppa, can I watch the two of you practice?”

 

 

 

Hoya is surprised by your question. “Mwo? Oh.. Uhh.. Of course you can. Kajja?” You nod excitedly. “Hyuna, dance studio. Now.” Hyuna nods and follows Hoya’s order. Hoya wraps his arm around your shoulder and leads the way to the dance studio.

 

 

 

The two of you arrive while being followed by Hyuna behind. Hyuna talks to herself. “Why does she have to watch out practice? Does she want to get hurt again?” Hyuna walks annoyingly to the dance studio, and drops her stuff as she enters. Hoya plugs in his iPod and gets a monoblock chair for you to sit down. You sit and take the front view of the whole dance studio and whisper to yourself. “This looks really familiar.” You see a secret door in the dance studio and memories are trying to penetrate your mind. You shake your head and try to relax yourself as Trouble Maker starts playing.

 

 

 

Hoya and Hyuna go to their position without saying a word to each other and starts dancing to Trouble Maker. Hyuna moves more flirty compared to their previous practices but Hoya doesn’t notice because he is concentrating on his body movements and at the same time he’s peeking at you. The song and dance movements seem really familiar to you. There’s an urge inside of you that’s telling you to go out because it hurts to see the one you love dance it with another girl, a girl who makes you feel uncomfortable, the girl who made you cry in the hospital when she visited you. Different emotions are rising up from your insides as you watch them dance. You couldn’t handle it any longer so you stood up and went out of the dance studio.

 

 

 

Hoya and Hyuna stops dancing.