Hyoyeon's Feelings

Dance To My Heart

 

Hoya runs after you and leaves Dongjun behind. Everyone in the auditorium goes out including the performers. Hyoyeon looks for Hoya and Dongjun through the crowd. “Aish, where are they?” Dongjun is still standing where you and Hoya left him. Hyoyeon shouts. “Dongjun-ah, eodiya? Kim Dongjun?”

 

 

 

Dongjun hears Hyoyeon shouting and stops sobbing. Dongjun swims though the crowd and looks for Hyoyeon too. “Hyoyeon-ah! Eodiya?” Hyoyeon sees Dongjun approaching her and tries to excuse herself through the students. Dongjun sees her too and runs, he suddenly hugs Hyoyeon tightly, and then buries his face on Hyoyeon’s shoulder. “Hyoyeon-ah..” Hyoyeon gets surprised and hugs him back. Hew heart beats fast like never before and feels all nervous on the inside. She thinks to herself: “What’s happening to me?” Dongjun tightens his hug so Hyoyeon has no other choice but to tighten hers too.

 

 

 

Hyoyeon pulls away as soon as everyone evacuates the building. “Dongjun-ah, gwenchana? What happened here? Where’s Hoya oppa? And ---------?” Dongjun starts crying again. “She was so mad at me that she shouted at me and called me a liar. I didn’t want this to happen. I was going to tell her the truth on that day too, but she made me stop. I could’ve just stood by for myself and be a man. I regret it. I regret it a lot. I don’t know what to do anymore.” Hyoyeon pats Dongjun’s back to comfort him. “There, there, you’ll get through this. But, Dongjun-ah, may I know what you told her that made her so mad?”

 

 

 

Dongjun sniff and wipes his tears. “I told her that I’m her namja.”

 

 

 

Hyoyeon looks at him with big eyes. “You what? You told her that you’re her boyfriend? Do you really love her that much that you could actually take advantage of her?”

 

 

 

Dongjun looks down and sighs. “Mianhe. You know I’m not that kind of guy.”

 

 

 

Hyoyeon holds Dongjun’s shoulder and looks at him. “Come on, let’s walk outside. You need some fresh air. “ Dongjun nods.

 

 

 

The two of them go out of the building and walk around the campus. Hyoyeon sees a bench and sits there, Dongun goes beside her and sits too. “You know what, I have never felt something this strong for a girl before. ------- has changed in many ways.”

 

 

 

“I know that.”

 

 

 

“I just can’t accept the fact that this might ruin my relationship with her, especially to my hyung. To you and everybody else. They might pity me, or get angry at me. I don’t know. I feel so uneasy since that night.”

 

 

 

Hyoyeon stares at the green grass and just listens to Dongjun.

 

 

 

“Can’t I just die and get this problem over with? It’ll be easier for everyone to handle.” Hyoyeon hits Dongjun’s arm and reacts violently to what Dongjun said. “Are you crazy? You’re going to waste your life and commit suicide? Ya Dongjun-ah, a lot of people love you….” Hyoyeon keeps on talking and talking and Dongjun leans back on the bench and slowly falls asleep.

 

 

 

Hyoyeon continues. “…your hyung loves you, Myungsoo and Dongwoo are always there for you. Your other friends in the academy. Do you think they don’t appreciate your existence?” Hyoyeon notices that DOngjun’s not responding anymore and looks back at you, she sees Dongjun sleeping. She leans back on the bench and repositions his head in a more comfortable position, she rests Dongjun’s head on her shoulder and whispers to his ear.

 

 

 

“I’ve been loving you for a long time, but how come you still don’t notice me?”