The Helping Friend

Dance To My Heart

 

 

Myungosoo’s eyes widen. “Ya-y-yaaa, you can’t do that to us! You can’t do that to him. It will hurt him more than anything.” You start to cry. “But, it’s the only way to make everything go back to normal, Myungsoo sshi.” Myungsoo holds onto your shoulders and makes you look at him. “Ya, I know we don’t talk that much and we’re not even close, but I’m begging you for my friends, Hoya and Dongjun. At least do it for Hoya.” Myungsoo looks at you with pleading eyes. “Jebal?” Your tears start to fall from your eyes. “I don’t know, Myungsoo sshi.” Myungsoo closes his eyes in disappointment.

 

 

 

You remove his hands from your shoulder. “I want to rest a bit, Myungsoo sshi. I’ll go back to my room.” You start to walk away from him, but you remember something so you look back. “Please, please don’t tell anyone about it.” You walk back to the dorm and head straight to your room.

 

 

 

Myungsoo shouts in frustration and messes his hair. “Just when I was about to help someone, she puts me in this kind of situation!” Myungsoo takes a deep breath. “Now what am I supposed to do?!” Myungsoo walks around campus while kicking a rock. Dongwoo sees him and approaches him. “Ya Myungsoo-ya! You seem a little problematic. Wae? What’s wrong?” Myungsoo looks at Dongwoo.

 

 

 

“Ya, can I ask you something?”

 

 

 

Dongwoo chuckles. “You are already asking.”

 

 

 

“Aish, this is serious! Might as well not ask you.” Myungsoo walks away.

 

 

 

Dongwoo follows Myungsoo. “Ya! I know you’re serious all the time, but what is it?”

 

 

 

Myungsoo sighs. “What if there’s a friend who’s asking you not to tell something that’s really important and that something would affect everyone around her, especially the ones who love her, what will you do?”

 

 

 

Dongwoo doesn’t listen to Myungsoo and looks at him. “Oh what? Can you repeat that again? Sorry.”

 

 

 

Myungsoo gets pissed and hits Dongwoo’s arm. “Aish! Nevermind!” Dongwoo’s eyes follow Myungsoo. “Ya! Where are you going? I was going to answer your question. Ya! Kim Myungsoo!”

 

 

 

Myungsoo continues walking away with his hands in his pockets. As he walks to around the campus, Myungsoo sees Hoya and his eyes widen. He starts to feel nervous that Hoya might call him or worse, ask about you and your whereabouts. Myungsoo walks casually but simply hiding himself from Hoya’s sight but fails to do so. Hoya sees him and calls him.

 

 

 

“Myungsoo-ya!” Hoya smiles a bit and approaches Myungsoo. “Where are you going?” Myungsoo stutters and scratches the back of his head. “S-s-somehwere. There.” He randomly points his finger out to somewhere. Hoya nods. “Uhmm, Myungsoo-ya, have you seen ------? I haven’t seen her around that much and haven’t cleared things up with her since the incident.”

 

 

 

Myungsoo stutters hard. “---------? I-I-I ha-ha-ven’t seen her a-a-around. W-w-waae?”Hoya looks curiously at him. “Why are you stuttering? Is there something wrong?” Myungsoo starts to walk. “N-n-nothing. It’s nothing Hoya. Really, it’s nothing.” Hoya nods slowly out of confusion. “Jjinja? I’ll get going then. Oh and by the way, if you have any news about her, tell me, ne? I really want to get back to how we used to be.” Hoya sighs and waves good bye to Myungsoo.

 

 

 

Myungsoo waits for him to walk farther and starts talking to himself. “Ottokhe? I don’t know who to help. This is frustrating!”