Namja

Dance To My Heart

 

 You and Dongjun walk hand in hand to the cafeteria. Dongjun asks you what you’ll eat. “I’ll have beef stew, Dongjun. I haven’t had meat in days since I got confined in the hospital. Dongjun nods and orders two bowls of beef, rice, and two large cups of orange juice. “This is perfect for today, I feel like it’s going to be cold later in the evening. Dongjun gets the tray of your food and leads you to a seat.

 

 

 

You take your seat and Dongjun sits across you. He gives you your bowl of beef stew, rice, and your glass of orange juice. “Eat up.” Dongjun smiles and starts to eat too. You suddenly ask Dongjun a random question that popped into your head. “Dongjun-ah, tomorrow’s the performance everyone busy for, right? How come it seems very important to everyone?” Dongjun sips the beef stew’s soup and looks at you. “The academy does that every year. Representatives from prestigious dance school from all over the world come here to give out scholarships to those who have impressed them during the annual dance program of the academy. It is a really big opportunity for everyone that’s why we’re all hyped up for it. Why do you ask?” Dongjun drinks his orange juice.

 

 

 

You nod slowly and pout your lips a bit. “Nothing, I was just curious.” And you continue to eat your food and drink of the soup of your hot beef stew. Dongjun stares at you while eat not noticing that the soup from his spoon is already dripping from it. You see him staring at you and you laugh at him. “Dongjun-ah, why are staring at me? Your soup is dripping already.” Dongjun goes back to reality and reacts to the hot soup that wet his pants. “Omo, hot hot hot!” He quickly gets a tissue from the counter and wipes it. You giggle at your seat as you continue eating. Dongjun goes back to you with his blushing cheeks. “Ottokhe, that was embarrassing.” He covers his mouth while he eats, but peeks at you every now and then.

 

 

 

You finish your food and decided to have a nice conversation with Dongjun, but you don’t know where to start since you can’t remember anything about it, so you ended bringing up an awkward topic to talk about. “Oppa, I’m studying here too, right?” Dongjun finishes too and wipes his mouth after drinking his orange juice. “Ne, you are. You are a foreign exchange student who’s staying here for six months, as far as I can remember. Why?” Dongjun stares at you. There is a serious aura coming up from the conversation. “Uhmm, am I supposed to perform too tomorrow?”

 

 

 

Dongjun starts to feel nervous and clears his throat. “N-ne. You were supposed to perform too infront of the representatives. The coach sees so much potential in you, so he knows that you’ll surely be chosen and given a scholarship.” You nod slowly and ask another question. “What was I going to perform?”

 

 

 

Dongjun couldn’t your answer your question loud and clear so he stutters. “U-uhhh…”

 

 

 

“Was it Trouble Maker, Dongjun?” You spill out the question.

 

 

 

“Mwo-mwo?”

 

 

 

“I said if it was Trouble Maker. I don’t know why I’m asking this to you, Dongjun. But when I saw Hoya oppa and Hyuna dancing to it, I just felt a little bit jealous and I feel like I know the performance by heart.” You look sincerely at Dongjun. “I just-----, was it Trouble Maker, Dongjun?”

 

 

 

“Ne. It is.”

 

 

 

“Oh ne. So that’s why. Dongjun-ah, I have one last question.”

 

 

 

“What is it?”

 

 

 

“Did I have a namja?” You take a deep breath. “Was it you?”

 

 

 

Dongjun gets surprised by your question and different emotions start to rise up. He didn’t know what to answer. He is too caught up by the question but eventually……….

 

 

 

“Ne, I’m your namja.”