Last Kiss

Dance To My Heart

 

Chapter 71, everyone. I posted it again for those who haven't read it. Enjoy reading :)

 

--

 

 

Hoya runs to the building’s bulletin board and finds out about the news. He is filled with mixed emotions, happy and grieving at the same time. He knows he wanted this, but he still wants you back and be beside him, to pursue your dreams together. If Hyuna did not kiss him during the performance, he knows that you could have gotten into that same prestigious school with him.

 

 

Everyone is congratulating Hoya. All hands are trying to reach out to shake it with theirs. Girls are piling up to see the best dancer in the academy. The guys become more envious of him, wishing that they could be as good as Hoya.

 

 

You walk away from the crowd as you talk to yourself. “Forget about him, he will have his own life now. He will going abroad to study, to pursue his dreams. You do not want to be a burden to him.” You sigh and walk around the campus. As you walk and walk, and walk, you unconsciously went to the place where you and Dongjun had a picnic before. Your memory comes back from that sweet, so-called lunch date you had with him.

 

 

You walk towards the tree and sit under it, enjoying the warm, peaceful wind breeze that is caressing your face and your hair.

 

 

You are not alone in that area. Someone is talking on the other side of the tree. “I should move on, I am leaving. We are both leaving, but she is going to be left behind. She is going back to her hometown.” You try not to eavesdrop but your subconscious is telling you that this person is somewhat, not that you are assuming, is talking about you.

 

 

You recognize his calm voice, that voice that brings comfort to you during your first days here in the academy. “Dongjun-ah?” He was the first person who came into your mind the moment you heard the voice.

 

 

The person from the other side peeks and reveals himself. You are right. It is Dongjun. He looks at you with big eyes and suddenly he blinks them fast, surprised to see and feel your presence in that area. “W-w-what are you doing here?” He asks you nervously.

 

 

“I was walking and.. my feet kind of dragged me here. Sorry, am I disturbing you?” You tilt your head to the side of the tree so he could see you without the trunk blocking half of your face.

 

 

Dongjun stands up and sits beside you. “Can I?”

 

 

You nod and move a bit to the side so he could sit down.

 

 

“And you are not disturbing me. You are always welcome in my secret place.” He smiles comfortingly. “I wonder why your feet dragged you here.”

 

 

You shrug and look at your feet, your toes wiggling. “Maybe because I want to think things off.” “Think things off? What things?” Dongjun’s eyes are fixed at you.

 

 

“You were mentioning them a while ago. About.. you and Hoya oppa leaving for abroad.” You put your hands together and play with your fingers. Dongjun looks worriedly at you and nervously, reluctantly, gets your hand and holds it. “I am sorry for what I have done. I have not asked for a sincere apology. I am really sorry for deceiving you like that. I should have known better.”

 

 

There it is again. The feeling of being deceived, cheated at, is haunting you at the back of your head. You could not stop yourself from crying. Your tears fall like an overflowing dam trying to reach out to the bigger bodies of water, trying to let out all the pain and into the vast ocean.

 

 

Dongjun hugs you tightly. His hug is full of comfort and love. He still loves you, he knows it. His subconscious is telling him that his heart is still beating for you, longing for you to love him back. He tightens his hug to make you feel that he is there. He will never leave you, he will always be the Dongjun you knew from the very beginning, the guy who was always there for you in good times and in bad.

 

 

The moment feels right. Dongjun still loves you dearly. He can feel it. Dongjun keeps you in his arm for some times, and then he slowly pulls away, holds your face, closes his eyes, and kisses your lips for the last time.