Fifty six

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

After Dara was done with the dishes, she walked back to the living room. But there was no one there. Frowning slightly, she turned her eyes around the place but there was no sight of Jiyong or her son. Then she caught some light coming out from Jiyong's bedroom. They must be there, she thought. As her hand touched the doorknob, she froze. 

 

 

Suddenly, memories from the past came rushing back to her mind. And she seemed to be doing that more often than before that night. How could she avoid it when the house held so many memories she shared with Jiyong. As she closed her eyes, she was even able to remember the sound of their laughs or squeals when Jiyong once caught her after chasing her. 

 

 

A sigh left her lungs as she opened her eyes and turned the door open. Another time that night, her heart skipped a beat. Jiyong was laying on his bed watching a peacefully sleeping Jihoon. The sight created a weird feeling inside of her. A good kind of weird... A feeling that made her feel warm, loved... Home. She stood at the door admiring them with a slight smile on her face until Jiyong suddenly looked up. He must have known she was there. He let out a small smile himself and she finally closed the door and walked closer to the bed. 

 

 

'' It looks like he's in a deep sleep '' Dara whispered as she looked at her son. Jiyong just hummed in response.

'' He's so innocent and pure like this '' He suddenly said, he too was murmuring. 

Dara looked at him and nodded '' Mmm... But I have to wake him '' He announced and Jiyong looked at her alarmed.

He thought that she was waking him up so they would go home, he straightened up and stared at her '' But you said you'll spend the night '' He argued. It was more like he whined sadly and despite everything, Dara found him cute.

She nodded '' I will but I just need to wake him so I can change his clothes, he can't sleep in this. I have to change his diapers too '' She revealed and Jiyong blinked twice stupidly then he nodded.

'' Oh! '' He rubbed the back of his head '' Okay... '' He then stood. He was about to leave them alone then stopped and turned to her. '' Can I help you? '' He asked as if he was a child asking permission from his mother and Dara nodded. 

'' I'll bring the clothes and you wake him up '' She informed and immediately, Jiyong was by Jihoon's side again. '' Where's his bag? '' Dara muttered and Jiyong pointed to the small chair next to the vanity.

'' There '' When she saw it, he moved his attention to the little boy and leaned down and kissed him gently and repeatedly on his cheek while he his hair with his hand '' Little champion... Jihoonie... Come on, baby, it's time to wake up '' He spoke gently and Dara smiled and shook her head as she took out Jihoon's clothes. She was thankful she always kept spare clothes for him in his bag. They always came in handy when needed. 

 

 

Suddenly, her head turned and she stopped what she was doing at she stared at the top of the vanity. She straightened up and her brows made a sad frown yet she was surprised. Along with the pictures of her and Jiyong, there was also the other stuff that she left there. Her perfume, her hairbrush, her hand cream, her lipstick, one of her necklaces, even the pair of earrings that she thought she lost were there. Her breath quickened slightly and her heart clenched. He kept everything... He didn't get rid of anything and kept everything that belonged to her and them in the apartment where they shared their happiest moments. 

 

She glanced back at Jiyong and found out that he successfully woke Jihoon up. That brought her back to reality and after heaving a heavy sigh, she closed the bag after taking out a clean diaper then she wore her smile again and walked back to the pair. 

 

 

Jihoon was obviously still sleepy as he was cutely rubbing his eyes with his hands while both parents watched him. Then eventually, Dara reached and ed his jeans and started taking them off then his sweater was next. All the while, Jiyong was watching her carefully and occasionally taking Jihoon's little hand and kissing it. Before she changed him into his pajamas, she held his legs up and leaned to smell his diapers, they didn't smell but she was going to change them anyway.

 

 

'' Are the towels still in your closet? '' She asked, looking up and Jiyong and he nodded.

'' Yeah, there's still in the drawer '' He confirmed and she left the bed.

'' Don't let him go anywhere, I'll grin a towel '' She ordered then headed to his walk-in closet. 

 

 

 

When she walked in, she stopped. Suddenly the sight of his clothes and the intense smell of his perfume made her feel even more nostalgic... Made her feel that she was really back... What hit home more was when she looked to the left and saw her clothes, shoes, bags still where they placed them close to three years ago... If she had even a slight doubt before that Jiyong was lying about what really happened then at that moment she was sure he was saying the truth. 

 

 

She didn't let herself drown in the past memories and quickly looked for a towel and walked back to the room. Jiyong was being a good boy as he kept Jihoon on the bed. 

 

 

'' Hold him up '' She ordered and he quickly yet gently did as she said while she flattened the towel. He took the chance to kiss the little boy for the nth time that night. Then, he put him back again and Dara started changing his diaper. Once done, she dressed him in his pajamas and leaned down to plant two loud kisses on both his cheeks then she grinned at him.

 

 

'' I'll put him back to sleep, you can wait for me outside '' She suggested and thinking that she wanted some time alone, he nodded and stood. 

'' Call me if you needed anything '' He said before he walked out. 

 

 

 

Jihoon was indeed still sleepy because, after a few minutes of Dara holding him and rocking him back and forth in her arm, he was back in lalaland again. When she looked down and found his eyes closed shut again and his small mouth slightly open, she kept him in her arms for a couple more minutes to make sure he was really asleep then she put him back carefully, on the bed. She secured him with a few pillows on both his sides then she left the bed.

 

 

She was about to walk out when she looked down at herself and saw that she was in her jeans and hoodie. Of course, she wouldn't be able to sleep in them. Suddenly, she looked at the door of the walk-in closet and she knew she found her solution. 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Jiyong was standing by the glass wall, looking down at the city. He was back to his gloomy mood and he couldn't stop thinking of a way to solve everything, reveal the truth to Dara without hurting her, and make sure the Lee pays for everything h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter