Sixty one

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

'' What? What do you mean? '' Dara asked as she got more confused. 

Jiyong looked up at her eyes '' Okay, first, do you know what your parents' jobs are? '' He questioned and although she was confused she nodded. 

'' Yeah, and I told you before... My father was a florist and my mother is a nurse " She answered with a frown then she looked down as Jiyong held her hand tighter. '' What's wrong, Jiyong? '' She muttered when she saw the concern in his eyes and her eyes went into overdrive. The only thing that she was able to think of was... What if her parents weren't her real parents?... 

'' That's... Those are not their real jobs, Dara '' He said gently and she gave him a perplexed look. 

''  What? '' She asked as she moved her head back. 

'' Your parents... Your mother is a cardiologist and she's the second daughter of Seol Nam Gyu and your father was the heir of Park Co. '' He revealed slowly as he kept watching her. 

To say she was shocked was an understatement but along to that, she was lost. She swallowed and blinked then, she shook her head '' No... You must have been mistaken, Jiyong... If that's true then Chaerin's father would have known... My parents are... '' She was talking when he suddenly took out a photo from his side and handed it to her. She took it from him with unsure hands then she looked at it. 

It was a photo of her parents in what looked like the NICU but she had never seen that photo before. As if on cue, before she could ask, Jiyong started explaining. 

'' Those are your parents and that baby is... You '' He revealed and she looked up at him with a lost look. He got that photo from her grandmother earlier. It was the only photo of Dara with her parents. '' That photo was taken when you were only a couple days old. You were born a little bit before your scheduled time and that's why you were put in NICU '' He added and watched as Dara stared at the photo. Her lips were slightly parted and she was swallowing and breathing hard then suddenly, a tear escaped her eye and landed on the photo. If they were that well off like Jiyong was saying and if she was born weak then why did they leave her? Why was she left in the orphanage? Did... Did they perhaps didn't love her?... 

'' Why... Why... '' She choked at a knot formed in and she couldn't speak properly. Jiyong's heart was breaking for her and he knew it must have been hard on her but he had to tell her and he was going to be next to her through it all.

'' They didn't let go of you '' He assured and answered the question that she couldn't utter. She looked at him with a frown. He turned more toward her and took a deep breath. '' They were married and they loved each other so much... They loved you too and they couldn't wait to have you " He said with a slight smile but Dara's tears only kept on falling.

'' Then why did I grow up alone? Why did I grow up in the orphanage? Why wasn't I able to ever to call them mom and dad? '' She asked a little bit too loudly. She was ready to say more when Jiyong explained.

'' They thought you died '' He shared sadly and her face fell.

" What? '' It came out in a barely audible whisper. 

He nodded as if to confirm what he just said '' Since you were weak, you were put in NICU before you were discharged, they were told that you died '' He told her and she just stared at him in shock as she tried to process what he was saying '' They never let go of you, Dara... They were bereaved of you just like how you were bereaved of them '' He said bitterly, his eyes filled with worry. 

'' How did that happen? Why would I be kidnapped? Why would anyone kidnap a child? '' Although she knew deep inside of her that it was possible, she just couldn't grasp how they just accepted that she was dead.

'' Dara... Baby... Sweetheart... I know that what I'm going to say will be even more shocking but please be strong, okay? '' Jiyong tried to assure and he was speaking to her as if he was speaking to a child, his eyes begging her to control herself and that made her afraid of what she was about to hear. '' You were kidnapped by Lee Ki Nam... Joo Yeon's father '' He revealed and she felt the whole world shut down around her and a sudden buzz invaded her ears. She closed her eyes for a couple of seconds and she was only brought back to reality when Jiyong shook her and called her name. When she opened her eyes again she was welcomed by him concerned face. She looked at him for a few seconds as if she didn't know him then, she closed her eyes again.

'' W-what... Are... You saying... '' She breathed out as she clutched on his hand more. She suddenly felt a little bit dizzy but then, she composed herself. 

Jiyong sighed. For a minute, he thought about taking a break or telling her the rest another time but when he stared at her dazed face, he knew that she had to know everything as soon as possible. '' Mr. Lee and your parents were friends... Your father and he practically grew up together... However, Mr. Lee from a poor background and your grandfather was the one who took care of him '' He started and waited a few seconds for her until she nodded '' They were best friends until your father planned to marry your mother... Mr. Lee... He too was in love with her '' He added and Dara's lips parted slightly as she stared at Jiyong wide-eyed. '' Your father didn't know... Mr. Lee tried numerous times to stop the marriage by telling your mother but she didn't listen as she was in love with your dad and that fueled Mr. Lee more and ignited his hatred and envious toward Mr. Park... They got married eventually and after a while they had you '' 

'' And because he wanted to hurt them, he took me away '' She concluded bitterly and Jiyong sadly nodded. She closed her eyes and threw her head back '' Oh my God! '' She muttered painfully as she raked her fingers through her hair and pushed it back. She was breathing loudly and rapidly. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. She must have been in a nightmare. The more she thought about it the angrier and more devasted she felt.

 

The man ruined her whole life from childhood and until she grew up. First, it was because of his sick hatred toward her father and the second time was because he wanted to please his sweet little daughter. She felt like she was suffocating and she suddenly stood and started pacing back and forth in the spacious living room. Jiyong was worried about her but he couldn't touch her or say anything.

 

 

'' He's sick... That man is pure evil! '' She stated then shook her head '' Even if he hated my father... How... How could he do such a thing to a little baby!!! '' She shouted, her face scrunched up in disgust and anger '' He... He ruined my whole life '' She finally muttered the words and as she said them, they finally felt so real and she gasped... She started to tremble and shake as she struggled to catch her breath.

 

 

Jiyong instantly sprang on his feet and rushed to her side. He held her shoulder and made her look at him. '' Look at me... Dara, look at me '' He ordered and when she did, he saw her eyes that were filled with tear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter