Sixty

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

'' W-What are y-you saying, Mr. Kwon? '' Mrs. Park asked stuttering. Her right hand gripped the hand of the chair while the other rested shaking on her lap. '' What do you mean by you personally know them? '' She added as her breathing started to quicken.

Jiyong frowned and started to get worried, she didn't look so good. There was a glass bottle filled with water on the table with two cups next to it. He immediately reached for them and poured her a glass of water then he handed it to her. '' Mrs. Park, please have a drink and try to calm yourself... I'll tell everything but you have to promise me you'll be strong '' He gently and politely spoke as he offered her the water.

With a shaky hand, she took the cup from him and sipped on it then quickly gave it back to him and he put it on the table. '' Please, now tell me everything '' Her eyes were pleading him and her heart was beating so fast. 

'' Mr. Park's kids, I know them the daughter is a doctor... A cardiologist, like her mother and the son, is working in for the Hanhwa Group '' He started and the old woman's eyes lit up and watered. She smiled but then she felt the urge to cry. She couldn't believe she finally found them after all these years. She put her hand on to stop herself for a moment then she nodded.

'' Yes... Keep talking '' She urged. '' Tell me more about them '' 

'' Sandara and Sang Hyun are now living together, he just got married less than two weeks ago '' He said and she was happy for a second then she frowned.

'' Sandara? '' She repeated '' No, her name is Dorami... I remember it very well... Young Won was so found of that name... They may have taken her away when she was still less than three years old but I remember her name very well '' She explained and Jiyong immediately looked right and left and rubbed his hands on his thighs. For God's sake, how could he tell her? '' What's wrong, Jiyong? " She questioned when some time passed and he didn't say anything. The more he stayed quiet, the more she felt that something was off. 

'' Actually... Dorami was married to the Hanhwa heir '' He started and she looked at him surprised then, she started to think and she was reminded that a few years ago, she heard that he indeed got married and his parents weren't happy with the girl he chose that's why there was no news about her. '' They had a son... Seungjae, he just turned six this year '' He continued and she smiled. 

'' They have a son... '' She repeated weakly. She couldn't believe that. She didn't just find her grandchildren but also she found out that she had grand-grandchildren. How much she missed and it was all because of the mistake of her and her husband. Her heart clenched and the guilt was threatening to overwhelm her but she didn't let herself go there. 

'' And? ''

Jiyong took a deep breath then looked at her hands. One was clutching hard on the couch and the other shaking. He was hesitant but he had to tell her '' Unfortunately while giving birth, Dorami was too weak and she couldn't survive '' He said slowly and as gently as he could then, he watched carefully how she would react. 

She frowned, blinked, then, frowned more. She swallowed then she opened but no words came out. Then suddenly, the weight of his words sank in and she gasped. '' No... Oh my God! '' She exclaimed then she touched her chest and closed her eyes. Jiyong instantly sprang to his feet and moved next to her. He held her hand and started talking to her and trying to calm her.

 

'' Mrs. Park... Please, calm yourself... Take a deep breath... It'll be fine, please '' He then reached to the cup of water and handed it to her. Her hands were too shaky and she couldn't hold it so he helped her. After that, he just sat next to her and held her hand. She was shaking her head as tears finally escaped from her eyes. Then she suddenly remembered something.

 

 

'' If... If Dorami is gone then... Then who... Who is the other girl you were talking about? Il Sung doesn't have- '' She was explaining then she suddenly stopped and her face turned blank. '' That can't be... '' She muttered and Jiyong knew that she must have figured things out. She turned her head and looked at her. Too shocked to say anything. 

'' What you're thinking of is right, Mrs. Park... The other daughter... Sandara... She's Mr. Il Sung's eldest daughter... The daughter that you all thought was dead '' He finally revealed and he felt her hand stop shaking in his hand and her eyes widened as she stared at him. 

For a few seconds, she didn't say anything. '' That's not possible '' She finally spoke after what felt like forever.

'' It is possible... Sandara didn't die like you all thought she was... '' He paused because he was afraid of how she'll take it. 

Mrs. Park looked at him and she looked like she composed herself a little '' Just tell me, Mr. Kwon... Trust me, since I'm still here after losing my daughter and burying my own son... I can take anything '' She urged and Jiyong actually felt sorry for her. Despite everything wrong that she and her husband did, she still went through a lot of terrible things while Lee was living freely. That was one more reason for Jiyong to hate Joo Yeon and her father.

'' She was kidnapped by Mr. Lee Ki Nam '' He unveiled and she closed her eyes immediately and held his hands tightly. '' You know that Mr. Lee had feelings for your daughter-in-law and he was so jealous of your son and angry that she chose him instead. He wasn't just jealous, he was blinded by hatred that he didn't care if his lover suffered or not as long as he saw Mr. Park suffering. That's why he planned everything and paid the doctors to make it look as if she died '' She continued. 

Mrs. Park was taking deep and slow breaths and when she felt better, she opened her eyes '' How... How did you know all this? '' She asked.

'' While looking for the wrongdoings that Mr. Lee has done, my father found out that just a few weeks after Sandara's birthday, Mr. Lee took a baby to the orphanage in Guangdong-gu. For a couple of years, my father thought that it was Mr. Lee's secret child until a few days ago we found out that it was actually Dara '' He explained and Mrs. Park closed her eyes again then, held started massaging her forehead.

'' How much more did that Lee did? In what more ways did her ruin, my family... Wasn't Il Sung enough he also ruined my granddaughter's life '' She ranted both in anger and in pain. She couldn't believe that she once loved and trusted that man like her own son. No, she even trusted him more than her own son and she paid the price high. 

'' Mrs. Park... There's something else that you should know... '' Jiyong suddenly said taking her away from her own thoughts. She lifted her head and looked at him and he s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter