Thirty

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong's hands were turned into fists as he looked at the man from the top, he was too angry to notice that the old man took his phone and was calling someone. A few seconds later, Jiyong's phone was ringing. 

 

 

'' What do you think yourself doing? '' Jiyong muttered through gritted teeth as he glared at the man.

'' Did you really think you're able to get away from me? '' Mr.Lee mocked.

'' I said what do you think you're doing? '' Jiyong repeated closing his eyes.

'' If you think you can get away by just changing the country, I'd like to tell you-you're wrong '' The man started '' You only have less than two weeks now, you better be back to Seoul before your birthday or... '' He scoffed and smirked '' I'll have to get rid of that pretty doctor '' He added and Jiyong's heart sunk and his hands tightened into fists. 

'' You wouldn't dare '' 

'' Try me. Nothing is going to stop me, especially since it's my company and my daughter concerned, I'll stop at nothing. Think '' Then he hung up. Jiyong had a disgusted look on his face, he was angry, frustrated, lost, helpless, and mostly scared. His breathing was rapid and his fingers turned white with how much force he was closing his hand. 

 

He wanted to do something, he wanted to stop this nightmare but he couldn't find a way and it was driving him crazy. The old man was clearly having a great time threatening him and he couldn't think of something to stop him. It was the first time he ever felt that helpless and scared. 

 

 

Suddenly he felt two arms wrap around his waist and a kiss planted on his back and instantly, his tension went away. 

 

'' I've been calling you '' Sandara said but he didn't answer. She frowned and untangled herself from him. '' Are you okay? What's wrong? '' She asked worriedly as she saw his pale face and after a sigh, Jiyong forced a smile and reached to cup her face.

'' Nothing '' He whispered '' Is dinner ready? '' He changed the subject yet Dara was still frowning so he gently lifted his hands and eased down the frown. 

'' Jiyong... '' She called as she was sure that something must have happened because a few minutes before, he was being playful and bright but the man standing before her was nothing like that. 

'' It's nothing... I... I just thought about my mother, that's all '' He lied then he took her hand and started walking back to the apartment. 

 

 

 

Throughout the dinner, Jiyong barely said any word. He spaced out most of the time and he only took a few bites of his food. Dara was examining him carefully and deep inside she was dead worried. Ever since that day when he disappeared and then came back, he was different. Although he did try to hide it for her, Dara could sense it. 

 

But that night was the worst because it was clear that he was hiding something serious from her.

 

'' Ji '' She started but he was still spacing out '' Jiyong '' She raised her voice a little higher and he finally looked up at her.

'' Huh? What? '' He asked and Dara sighed as she put down her fork. 

'' Jiyong, what's wrong? '' She questioned with a frown and before he could lie and tell her that it was nothing she spoke '' Don't lie to me anymore. I'm sure that there is something wrong and you're hiding it from me '' 

Jiyong took a few seconds to look at her troubled expression before he closed his eyes, heaved a sigh then put down his own fork. 

'' Is it related to why we came here to London? '' She kept asking and he eventually nodded intensifying her concern. 

'' You don't have to worry about it '' He insisted so Dara did the only thing that came to her mind. 

'' Stop giving me that crap! '' She shouted startling him '' Do you think I can't see how much you've changed? I don't know what happened to you but whatever it is, I'm sure it's not something light nor it is related to your mother! So stop telling me that it's nothing! '' He continued as Jiyong sat staring at her wide-eyed '' Do you think I can't see how much weight you've lost and how many nights you've spent without sleeping? Do you think I didn't notice those secret calls you're having every now and then? '' She revealed '' You've been telling me that you love me and that we'll always be together and we're one but you creating a distance between us and you're not being honest with me, Jiyong. I've let everything and my family and came with you but if you keep acting like this and building a wall between us then I think it'll be better if we stop this right now. If you don't trust me then I don't see why we have to keep doing this '' She shared then she angrily stood and went to their room but before she could reach the door, she felt a strong pair of arms wrap around her. 

'' I'm sorry '' He whispered '' I'm sorry, I really am sorry '' He repeated as he tightened his hold '' Please, Dara, I'm really sorry. Please don't say you're going to leave me '' He begged and Dara felt her heart tighten. When she untangled herself from him Jiyong's heart sunk but he instantly felt relieved when she turned to face him then she held his hand.

'' I won't leave, Jiyong. I just want you to be honest with me '' she said gently as she looked at his bloodshot and withered eyes. He looked so tired. 

'' I'm sorry '' He said once again '' I just don't want to bother you '' He added. 

'' We're in this together, remember? We have to share everything, bad and good '' She told him and he nodded after a couple of seconds. '' Is it about your father? '' She finally asked and he looked at her for a few moments before he nodded closing his eyes '' What happened? '' 

Before answering her, he took her hand and walked to the couch then he made her sit. After taking a deep breath, he started. 

'' I was going to pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter