Forty two

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

There was no denying that Dara had a huge effect on Jiyong. But although his heart was dancing with joy at the sight of her, he couldn't ignore the feeling of jealousy he had when he saw her arm in arm with Jaejoong. He gripped his glass hard and if he didn't let go at the last minute, it would have broken down in his hand. 

 

He was seething with anger looking at them. Every time he saw her, she looked more beautiful than the one before. She was wearing a short black dress that was open on both sides showing her toned body, her hair was open and a little wavy while her face had the minimum of makeup yet she was the most gorgeous woman he had ever seen. 

 

Everything about her was perfect. Except for one thing. She was standing next to Jaejoong and not him. 

 

 

In the beginning, Dara didn't notice anyone but as the waiter came to show them their table, she froze in her spot. Jaejoong was worried but then he was quick to see the people he hated the most. He held her tighter and leaned to whisper near her ear.

 

'' Do you want to leave? We can go somewhere else or go back- '' He suggested but she shook her head.

'' No... Let's just stay '' She said and after looking at her for a few seconds he nodded and then they finally followed the waited. 

 

 

Their table was so close to Jiyong's yet before they could sit, Bom was standing at their table. 

 

'' Hello '' She greeted kindly and smiled. Although Dara was hurt and angry about what Jiyong did, she couldn't hate his friends and she actually missed them and missed hanging out with them. 

'' Hey '' She greeted back and before she could say anything Bom had her arms wrapped around her in a tight hug.

'' Where did you disappear to? I have really missed you... We all did '' She revealed and Dara smiled.

'' You know... Things didn't really end up well '' Dara said awkwardly.

'' Come and join us '' Bom suggested and both Jaejoong and Dara looked at her surprised. Actually, when Bom stood to go to Dara, her husband tried to stop her because he knew what was on her mind but he failed. After all, Bom always did what she wanted and she always won. Because after a few minutes of begging and convincing, Dara and Jaejoong joined the other.

 

 

Joo Yeon was furious and for a second she thought about flipping the table upside down but she held herself back. While everyone greeted Dara warmly with hugs and kisses. She just sent her a tight smile and held Jiyong's forcefully while he was sending death glares at Jaejoong's direction. After all the greetings, they were finally able to have their food.

 

They were chatting happily and Dara was trying her best to avoid looking at Jiyong's way because she could feel he was boring holes into her head. She tried to distract herself by talking with Bom, Hyorin, and Jiwon but no one was able to deny that there was tension in the table. 

 

 

'' So... We still haven't got the chance to know who your date is? '' Bom suddenly asked and Dara instantly took a sip from her wine.

'' Actually, I do know who he is '' Hyoring replied and Bom looked at her surprised '' Our mother are friends and when we were young, you used to come with her when there was a charity event '' She revealed '' He's the heir to the Hanhwa Group '' She added and everyone's eyes widened. Even Jiyong didn't know that information. 

'' Woah! So you're the hidden heir '' Daesung commented as Jaejoong was known by the press as the hidden heir because ever since he was young, he avoided getting photographed in any kind of events and he was known to be living outside the country. 

'' I can see you found another good catch '' Joo Yeon interrupted and everyone fell silent. 

'' He was her brother-in-law '' Jiyong added and Dara wanted to disappear. She couldn't handle all the tension that was going around. She couldn't handle seeing him and his wife together and holding hands like that, it was like rubbing sour lemon into her eyes. She felt like she was truly just a toy for him. 

'' He's right, I was married to Dara's sister and we're really close friends now '' Jaejoong said glaring at Jiyong before he turned to Dara and gave her a reassuring smile. 

As he watched them, Jiyong was only able to let out his frustration by drinking the red liquor. Seunghyun was afraid that his friend would get drunk and say unnecessary stuff and tried to stop him a couple of times but Jiyong didn't listen. 

 

After that awkward conversation, everyone seemed to change the topic. Jiyong was seeing red when he saw how Jaejoong was cutting Dara's steak and they would share a meaningful look. He hated it. Every single moment of that stupid dinner was driving him nuts. 

 

'' Please stop staring and don't do anything stupid '' Youngbae whispered to him but Jiyong wasn't listening. 

 

 

Byt the time they finished their main course and were waiting for their desserts, Jiyong was already drunk. 

 

 

'' So... Dara... Tell me '' He started and everyone looked at him except Seunghyun who closed his eyes. He knew that trouble was in the way '' Where did you leave Jihoon, huh? Or did you forget about him '' He asked and the ladies frowned, curious about who Jihoon was. 

Dara's expression fell and she clenched her hands tightly on top of her lap '' I guess that's none of your concern '' She muttered and tried her best to remain calm. 

'' Who is Ji-hoon? '' Bom whispered to her husband but he was busy looking at Jiyong to answer her. 

Jiyong chuckled '' Of course, it is my concern. Did you leave him with your dearest, Seungri? '' He asked again '' How can you pretend to be a good mother while you're here having fun with your brother-in-law and God knows what's happening to your son '' He added and the ladies' eyes widened at the mention of the word son. Joo Yeon's heart skipped a beat and she looked at Dara than back at Jiyong. 

'' I expected more of you '' Jiyong continued as he drank another glass of wine.

'' And I expected more of you '' Dara said back and his smile fell and he froze. He looked at her and saw how her face was red and she was on the verge of crying but she quickly stood.

'' Excuse me, I need to go to the washroom '' She announced and quickly left. Jiyong knew he ed up big. 

'' You out of all people should never question her parenting skill '' Jaejoong sudde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter