Sixty two

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

After some time, Jiyong and Dara found themselves in his bed. Wrapped in each other's arms. He was spooning her while his hands were holding hers and he was making small patterns with his thumb on her palm. They were laying in the darkness silently while watching the city through the glass wall. Yet, their thoughts were somewhere else. 

 

 

Jiyong was checking on her every now and then and although he was relieved that she wasn't crying, he was worried that she might be holding everything inside and that was not healthy. 

 

 

'' What are you thinking of? '' He suddenly asked breaking the silence. 

'' Everything '' She answered with a sigh '' What could have happened if I remained with my family... What did my parents feel... What kind of fate is this... '' She let out a bitter laugh '' Thirty years ago, I was left alone because of that man and thirty years later I am alone because of the same man '' She muttered and at that, Jiyong forced her to turn on her side and look at him. 

He held her chin and made her look at him '' You're not alone... You have me, you have your family and your friend... You have Jihoon '' 

She still looked down '' I know... But something still feels missing... When I see how everyone is happy something feels missing to me... '' She paused then looked up at him and his heart felt like it was torn into a million pieces with her dejected look '' Even though you're here... You're not really here... You're not mine... '' She whispered weakly and Jiyong hated it. He was about to argue but she spoke fast '' I know that you love me and that you're trying to fix everything... But something still feels missing... You're still her husband... She is the one who gets to tell the world you're hers... Even though your marriage is not real I still feel like we're doing something wrong when we're like this... I mean... You still made a vow to be faithful... '' She explained and although he was cursing himself internally for being the reason for all these feelings he couldn't help but admire how amazing her personality was.

'' I'm sorry '' The was the first thing he said '' This is all my fault '' He added while looking apologetically at her '' I know it must be hard but I promise that it will be over soon... I mean she must have received the divorce papers already '' He shared.

'' This fast? '' She asked as she finally wrapped her arm around him.

Jiyong took a breath then nodded before he reached to caress her hair '' Mmm, I told my lawyer that I wanted everything to be over soon and he prepared the papers and I signed them. It had been a few days already so I'm sure she received them '' 

'' She didn't say anything? '' She questioned because from how she knew her, Joo Yeon wasn't the type to stay calm in cases like that, especially, since she didn't want the divorce.

'' Not yet... I mean, when I talked to her the first time, she said to give her some time to tell her father although I agreed, I didn't stop because I knew she was just trying to gain some time but now, I didn't hear anything '' He explained and Dara frowned.

'' Don't you think that she's plotting something? '' She voiced the question that Jiyong was trying to avoid.

" I'm not sure but I'm being cautious. I know that she wouldn't try to do something to me but she'll go to you instead so that's why I put more guards at your door, there's also someone who's always following you around wherever you go '' He said and her eyes widened.

'' What? I didn't know! '' 

'' You can't blame me... I'm just worried '' He quickly defended himself and she knew he was right so she didn't say more.

" What about him... '' She asked. She couldn't even mutter his name '' What if he's planning something like the last time? ''

'' I won't fall for him this time... I stopped taking any deals for the time being and I'm cautious around everyone... I also have some people inside his own building to tell me if he was planning anything '' He revealed and she raised her brows.

'' You do? ''

'' Just like I'm sure he has for me, I have a few loyal people in there and they're keeping me updated but something is weird '' He suddenly frowned.

'' What? '' Dara instantly asked '' Is there anything bad? '' 

'' I don't know but when I called his secretary earlier today, he told me that he hasn't been coming to the office much these days and when he does, he usually stays in his room without meeting anyone '' He told her and she frowned back.

'' What do you think this means? '' She wondered and his hands stopped moving on her hair and moved down and around her waist.

'' I don't know but whatever it is, we have to move fast '' He stated.

'' What are you planning? ''

'' After you meet your grandmother and aunt, they and I will send all the files that we have against Mr. Lee to the anti-corruption commission '' 

'' Not the police? '' She stopped him and he shook his head.

'' All these years, he had been getting away with all what he's doing so there's only one explanation... He has someone if not a group in there helping him and covering up his dirt so the commission is the best choice '' He explained '' Then comes the media, we'll hand over everything to the media so he'll be exposed, everyone and by that, we'll be able to clear both your father and my name... I want his name and reputation to be crashed and destroyed then I want to see him jailed for the rest of his life '' 

'' But aren't you two partners? Wouldn't that mean that you'll get in troubles too? '' She asked worried and he smiled.

'' I guess I was smart at least once that year '' He answered puzzling her even more. She gave him a questioning look. '' Well, besides the papers that Min Suk left that he and Mr. Lee framed me and planned everything when the documents will be handed to the commission there won't be any partnership between me and them '' He said but she was still not understanding. 

'' Okay...? '' She blinked and Jiyong chuckled before he pinched her nose gently.

'' Well, before Joo Yeon and I got married, we both signed an agreement that if a divorce was to happen, each one of us will keep what he owns to himself and that the merger between the companies will be called off '' He revealed and she narrowed her eyes but a smile tugged on her lips. 

'' Why do I have a feeling that no one knew about the last part? '' She sang and Jiyong laughed.

'' Because they really don't '' He winked '' At least I learned something from what he did to me '' 

'' How did you do it? '' She wondered then, pulled the covers up. 

'' Well, although I was in a bad state, I still had my mind on and I was sure that there will come a day when we'll call the marriage off and I'll be back to a certain beautiful butterfly '' He flirted.

'' Just focus on the main point '' She scoffed and he smiled.

'' Anyway, when I knew about the agreement I knew I had to do something and I talked to my lawyer and added the last part... Joo Yeon was too eager for the marriage that she signed without bothering to look at the papers and for some odd reasons, Mr. Lee didn't ask to see them too, he must have been sure that I'll never ask for a divorce '' He explained.

'' Well, at least you were good for once '' She teased.

'' Hey! '' He whined and she smiled. Oh, how he adored that smile. '' Yes, just like that... Smile and make me fall deeper in love with you '' He whispered and they shared a look. 

'' Do you think everything will go the way we want this time? '' She suddenly asked, her voice filled with doubt and worry.

Jiyong leaned to kiss her forehead then he looked straight into her eyes '' I wish more than anything to answer that with a yes but I don't know... However, I'll do everything I can to make it happen, you just have to trust me and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter