Nine

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 


‘’ I-‘’
‘’ Why- ‘’ They both said at the same time then laughed. 
‘’ You go first ‘’ Jiyong suggested ‘’ Come on ‘’ 
‘’ Why did you… come here? ‘’ She finally asked what she had been dying to ask ‘’ I am sure it’s not just because of Seung Jae ‘’ She added and looked at him.
Jiyong chuckled and looked down ‘’ It was obvious, right? ‘’ He asked as he rubbed the back of his head and Sandara smiled as she nodded ‘’ I just wanted to know a few things ‘’ He said and it didn’t escape him that Dara looked somehow disappointed with his answer ‘’ And I wanted to see you ‘’ He added and Dara immediately blushed.
‘’ W-what did you want to know? ‘’ She asked looking away. 
‘’ We didn’t finish our talk last night ‘’ He simply said ‘’ And to be honest, I’ve been waiting for ten years, to know the reason why you left me like that ‘’

Dara’s eyes instantly looked into his eyes that were looking at her intensely.


‘’ I… I wasn’t planning to leave, it all happened fast that I couldn't stay any longer ‘’ She revealed ‘’ But I returned to your room, I left you a paper under the door, I told you where to meet me and my name, I didn’t run away as you accused me of ‘’ She quickly explained. 
‘’ But I- ‘’ He started to speak but his phone ringed. It was from the office and no matter how much he wanted to ignore it, he had to answer ‘’ Yes?... okay, I’ll be there in thirty minutes ‘’ He said and hung up.

 

He looked at Dara then sighed ‘’ I really don’t want to go but I can’t cancel nor reschedule this meeting so I have to leave ‘’ He told her and before she could say anything he quickly said ‘’ Have dinner with me tonight? ‘’ 


Dara was taken aback with his question and the more she stayed quiet the more Jiyong got anxious. 

‘’ I can’t leave, Seung Jae alone ‘’ She told him and Jiyong sighed before he had an idea.
‘’ I’ll bring dinner and come, just please say yes ‘’ He pleaded ‘’ I really need to talk to you ‘’ 
‘’ Okay ‘’ She answered ‘’ I’ll be waiting ‘’ and with that Jiyong broke into a wide grin before he took his suit jacket, bid goodbye, and left.

 

 

_____________________________________

 

 


‘’ Why are you kicking me out of the house? ‘’ Sang Hyun asked when Dara told him she needs the house for herself 
‘’ Aish! Why are you so noisy, just go with Naeun and have dinner or do something ‘’ She huffed as she went to her room to start looking into what she’ll be wearing. 
‘’ Oh my God! You’re bringing a man here! ‘’ Sang Hyun shouted after a minute and followed her to the room. 
‘’ No! ‘’ 
‘’ Yes you are! ‘’ He insisted and she finally let out a sigh. 
‘’ Fine, yes, I am having dinner with someone here tonight ‘’ She revealed and her younger brother grinned then he suddenly frowned. 
‘’ Why don't you go out? ‘’ 
‘’ I can’t leave Seung Jae alone like that so we decided to just have dinner here ‘’ 
‘’ Why can Seung Jae stay and I get kicked out ‘’ He questioned childishly wanting to annoy his sister more.
‘’ Because Seung Jae’s sick and you’re not and I need- Why am I explaining this to you? ‘’ She asked herself irritated ‘’Just go out with your girlfriend for a couple of hours and that’s it, stop putting your nose in my business ‘’ She added as she picked a black dress from her wardrobe. 
‘’ You’re not going to a funeral, wear something else ‘’ Sang Hyun commented and she glared at him. 
‘’ Get out ‘’ she ordered.
‘’ I was just giving you my opinion, you don’t want to scare the man away ‘’ He proudly said but she pointed her finger at the door ‘’ Ugh, fine. If you needed Seung Jae out so you can have fun with your boyfriend just call-‘’ Before he could finish she threw a pillow at him and he run out laughing.
‘’ Idiot ‘’ Sandara muttered then put her hands in her hair ‘’ Where was I? ‘’ She asked and continued looking for something nice to wear.

 

 

________________________________________

 

 


Jiyong spent the entire day being unusually happy that everyone in the company was curious to know the reason behind his sudden cheerfulness.

 

The night before, he felt like he had won the lottery when he found out that Dara wasn’t married nor a mother. He spent nearly two hours questioning Seungri about her and extracting every bit of information the younger man knew about her. 

 

Then he went back home and all that he could think about was her. In the morning when he woke up, he couldn’t wait to see her again. He didn’t even bother to wait for his driver or even eat his breakfast. He drove for an hour to go and buy her macaroons from her favorite place- one of the things he got from Seungri- then went to the toy store and bought a car for her nephew and drove in the speed of lights to her house. 

 

His heart was beating fast when he was waiting for her to open and when she did, he felt lost. She wasn’t wearing a dress nor something fancy or trendy, she was just in sweatpants and a baggy shirt that hid her entire slim body. Her hair wasn’t neat, in fact, maybe he had never seen a messier bun and her face was bare yet she took his breath away like no other. She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. 

 

All that he wanted at that moment was to hold her fragile body closer to him and kiss her like there’s no tomorrow, but he held himself. 

 

When he got that call and had to leave, he cursed the day he thought of taking over his father. But his annoyance instantly turned into excitement when she accepted to have dinner with him even though they were staying in her house.

 


It was nearly 6 in the evening and Jiyong was still in a meeting. The entire time, he kept checking his watch and it felt like time was playing with him because it was moving very slowly. When the meeting was finally over, he dismissed his employees and went out almost instantly. 

 

He didn’t even take his driver with him and just drove himself. Firstly, he stopped by a Chinese restaurant and bought their dinner and then he went to her house. On his way there, he stopped once again but this time, he bought her flowers, he didn’t know the type she liked so he just went with roses. He always liked them and hoped she’d like them too. 

 

 By 8 he was standing at her door once again and he was as nervous as a teenager on his first date. He took a deep breath then finally ringed the bell. Seconds later, Dara opened and on her right stood Seung Jae. 

 

She was wearing simple jeans and just a white t-shirt. Her hair was still in a bun but it was neater than the one she had in the morning. Jiyong smiled upon seeing her. Maybe it was her simplicity that attracted him to her, he thought.   

 

‘’ Come on ‘’ Dara invited and moved aside to give him space. 


After getting in, Jiyong turned and handed her the flowers ‘’ These are you for you, I didn’t know your favorite so I went with the roses, I hope you like it ‘’ He informed. Why am I so nervous? This isn’t like my first time doing this or talking to a girl? 

 

Sandara’s smile widened ‘’ I really love roses, they’re actually my favorites ‘’ She revealed. 
‘’ You’re not kidding, are you? ‘’ He stupidly asked.
Dara chuckled before answering ‘’ No, they’re really my favorites ‘’ Jiyong was grinning by then and they just kept staring at each other until Seung Jae spoke.
‘’ Mommy I am hungry ‘’ 


Before Dara could say anything, Jiyong spoke as he crouched to the boy's level ‘’ Let’s go eat then, shall we? ‘’ Then he ruffled his hair and smiled.

However, he quickly looked up at Dara who was busy watching the two of them and asked her ‘’ He can eat Chinese, right? ‘’ and she nodded.

 

_______________________________

 


During dinner, Seung Jae was keeping the two of them entertained as he kept telling them stories about his toys, the Lion King movie, and many other things. Jiyong hadn’t laughed that much for years. He had never thought of having kids before but after seeing Seung Jae he suddenly wanted to. And without knowing why –or maybe not wanting to admit why- he wanted one person to be the mother of his children. 

 

He looked over at her and smiled. Since the moment they sat to have their dinner, Dara was busy taking care of the messy eater that was Seung Jae that she barely touched her food. She kept feeding him, cleaning his face and hands and instructing him on how he should eat properly. It was weird for him but she looked so beautiful when she wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter