Forty one

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

As soon as Jiyong was out from the hospital, he drove towards his father's house. He went directly towards the home office and closed the door after him. He walked behind the desk but he didn't see anything. There was only a small painting. He frowned and moved it away and he saw the safe. He typed the date of his mother's birthday and then opened.

 

There were all sorts of things in there but that wasn't what shocked Jiyong. They were his mother's. Photos of her and him when he was young. Photos of her with his father. The watch she used to always wear. Her favorite book. 

 

Jiyong sat there staring at the items that he hadn't seen in years. Some of them, he even forget they existed. After a moment, his eyes finally caught an envelope. He took it out and opened it. It contained different papers and photos. He started reading what they contained the more he got surprised and disgusted at the same time.

 

There were documents proving tax invasions, money laundering, embezzlement, fraud, bribery, and forgery. There were also photos of him getting out of brothels with different women on different occasions. The man was even more dangerous than he looked, no wonder his father kept telling him to be careful.

 

For the past couple of years, Jiyong had been collecting evidence about Lee's wrongdoings but he couldn't get much. He only got information about him doing money laundering and with all these documents he just got, getting rid of Lee would be easy. 

 

After looking at the documents for more time, Jiyong finally put them back in the envelope, closed the safe, covered it, and then finally left the office. 

 

Knowing that putting these documents at his house or company would be dangerous, he decided to put them with someone else until he needed them. He took out his phone and dialed a number.

 

'' Where are you? '' He asked as soon as the other person picked up.

'' The office, why? '' Seunghyun asked back.

'' Good. I'll be there in thirty '' He announced and hung up. 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

 

Just as he said, half an hour later, Jiyong was in Seunghyun's office waiting for him to finish an important call. The moment Seunghyun put the phone down, he looked at his friend and asked.

 

'' So... What brought you here? '' Instead of answering him, he threw him the envelope and Seunghyun gave him a questioning look before he opened the envelope and started checking the papers. As he read, his eyes widened more. '' Holy ! This man is more rotten than I thought '' He commented as looked at the photos.

'' That's what makes getting him much harder '' Jiyong said.

'' How? '' Seunghyun inquired yet his eyes were still on the documents.

'' He clearly has a good relationship with the police and media outlets... Whatever we'll say or do, it'll be buried down in a minute " He revealed and his friend finally looked at him.

'' So what are you going to do? '' Seunghyun asked.

'' First of all, I need to prove that he tricked me and break off the connection with his companies '' Jiyong shared.

'' How? '' 

'' I've been tracking down Min Suk's sister for a little over a year now '' He said for the first time '' She has been changing her location every time I find her '' He added.

'' How is his sister related to this? ''

'' If I can meet his sister, I may be able to something that can help me '' Jiyong answered '' He wasn't stupid. He betrayed me after working with me for years, he wouldn't hesitate to do the same for Lee. I am sure he had something against him to protect himself if Lee ever let go of him '' He continued.

'' Are you sure you'll be able to find such things? '' Seunghyun questioned and Jiyong shrugged. 

'' I'll never know until I try '' He said '' Anyways, I didn't come here to talk about this '' He started and leaned back on the chair more '' I want you to keep these documents with you, keeping them with me won't be safe '' He added.

'' Of course '' Seunghyun said nodding.

'' I talked to Dara '' He declared.

'' How did it go? Did she accept? '' Seunghyun asked as he put the envelope in his bag. 

'' She did '' He stated and Seunghyun instantly looked up at him and blinked. He was surprised that Dara accepted easily and for an instant, he doubted if the baby was truly Jiyong's '' I was surprised that she accepted quickly too '' He added.

'' Jiyong... '' He started but Jiyong beat him.

'' No! Don't give me that crap! I am sure he's my son so don't tire yourself '' He stopped him then stood '' We're doing the tomorrow... I have to go now, I'll be already late for my meeting '' 

'' I'll see you tonight then '' Seunghyun said but Jiyong frowned.

'' Huh? Is there something I forgot? '' He questioned.

'' Joo Yeon invited us all for dinner tonight '' He revealed and Jiyong groaned.

'' I won't come '' He instantly decided. 

'' Do you think she'll let you go that easily? '' Seunghyun teased and he glared at him '' Your wife is crazy you know '' 

'' I know '' He muttered under his breath '' Anyway, I gotta go '' He greeted and finally left. 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________

 

 

Later that day, Dara was playing with Jihoon and Seungjae. She busy coloring with Seungjae when her little sneaky boy took one of the crayons and toddled away from them. After a while, Dara sensed that something was wrong and she looked up to let out a gasp.

 

'' Yah! '' Both kids w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter