Thirty one

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

'' Dara! '' He shouted startling her and it was then when she noticed the car and her eyes widened and she froze. 

 

 

Without thinking twice, Jiyong threw himself on her and pushed her away just on time for the car to pass past them. The car stopped for a few seconds then it drove away. Jiyong looked at its direction quickly since it wasn't his priority. He looked down at Dara underneath him and her eyes were shut closed which startled him. 

 

'' Dara! Dara! '' He called as he lightly slapped her face and moved away from her and held her in his arms. '' Dara! '' He shouted once more and she finally started to open her eyes so he sighed in relief '' Thank God '' He muttered then he helped her stand. 

'' What happened? '' She asked as she steadied herself on him. 

'' Are you okay? Is there anything hurting you? Is your head okay? '' He bombarded her with questions as he checked her body. 

'' I'm fine '' She answered as she tried to steady her breath. 

'' Thank God! '' He said as he hugged her tightly. He couldn't think of what would have happened to him if anything happened to her. '' Let's go to the hospital '' He urged but she shook her head. 

'' No, I'm fine '' 

'' No. What if there's something internal? Let's go and check please '' He begged but she still shook her head.

'' Jiyong, I'm really fine. Besides, I didn't fall that hard, I'm just too shocked. Everything happened so suddenly. '' She explained calmly yet Jiyong was still sporting a pained and worried expression so she held his hand tight '' Let's just go home, I only need some time to get rid of the shock '' She added yet he looked at her for a couple of minutes without saying anything and eventually he sighed and nodded. 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

As time passed, Jiyong only got more anxious and restless. After the incident, Dara decided to go and rest in the bed as she was still feeling frightened while Jiyong went to the office room and spent over two hours walking back and forth. The call with Seunghyun left him feeling lost and with the near accident Dara had, he felt even worse. 

 

He tried calling Seunghyun again but he didn't answer. Just when he hung up, his phone rang again. Without checking who it was, he picked up thinking it was his best friend but it was someone else. 

 

'' Jiyong '' When Jiyong heard his father's voice, he stiffened '' Jiyong... '' He repeated. 

'' What do you want? '' Jiyong replied in an ice-cold voice. 

'' Didn't you make up your mind already? '' Mr.Kwon asked. 

'' This is none of your business '' He answered still indifferent than ever and he was about to hang up until he heard what his father said next. 

'' You have to come back. Lee won't stop until you come back and do as he says. He doesn't care about anything, you don't want anything bad to happen to that doctor, right? '' he questioned and Jiyong's blood froze.

'' W-what do you mean? '' 

''If you care about her, do as he wants and marry Joo Yeon. She's a better partner. She'll make you stronger, she'll make your company stronger and- '' He was explaining but got interrupted by Jiyong.

'' Just stop! Shut up! '' He yelled as he felt a tear fall down from his left eye. '' Just stop telling me this crap because this is the last thing I care about. This is just what you want, father. I've never wanted it and I'll never will '' He took a deep breath '' I was hoping that you'd be by side just this once but I guess I'm asking for the impossible, you never cared for anything other than that company of yours '' He chuckled '' You've never cared about me or... my mother '' He paused.

'' Kwon Jiyong... '' 

'' I wish she was here with me... But at the same time, I'm glad she can't see how much coldhearted you've become '' He stated then he hung up. 

 

 

With heavy steps, he walked out to the dark living room and sat on the couch and stared at the space. Just like that, he couldn't hold himself anymore and let out his tears. It was getting all too much for him and he never felt that hopeless and lost. Suddenly his phone rang and that time, it was Seunghyun.

 

'' Jiyong '' Seunghyun started.

'' Hmm '' He just hummed as he felt too weak to speak the words.

'' Are you okay? '' His best friend asked with a worried tone. 

Jiyong sighed before replying '' I don't know... I really don't know, hyung '' He shared honestly. '' What happened with Min Suk? ''

'' I'm really sorry, Jiyong. I should have gone there sooner than that '' He apologized '' When I got there, the police was already in there and they told me that he was dead for two days already. I tried to look maybe to find something in the house but there was nothing, even his sister is nowhere to be seen " He revealed and Jiyong closed his eyes.

'' This is it, I guess '' He whispered but Seunghyun heard him.

'' What do you mean? '' 

'' I'll call you tomorrow '' He simply answered and instantly hung up. 

 

 

After a few minutes, he washed his face and then he walked inside the room where Dara was still sleeping. He sat next to her and did nothing but stare at her sleeping form. He had this lump in his throat and his chest felt heavy. The more he looked at her the more he hated the way life was unfair with the both of them. Suddenly, as if she felt his presence, she started opening her eyes. 

 

'' Ji... '' 

'' Hey butterfly '' He said with a hoarse voice and a forced smile '' How are you feeling? Are you okay? Is there anything hurting you? '' He added.

'' I'm fine '' She answered as she woke up and leaned her back on the bedhead just then she saw the swallowing and the redness in his eyes so she frowned '' Ji, are you okay? Were you crying? '' She asked and he looked away. 

'' No ''

'' Don't lie to me '' She said sternly then she took his hand and forced him to look at her '' Listen to me, it was just an accident and I'm fine. Nothing happened to me '' She spoke calmly and slowly as if she was speaking to a child but he just kept staring at her and his eyes looked sadder than ever then after a few moments he forced himself to smile. 

'' I know '' He whispered then he took her hand and kissed it '' Are you hungry? '' He asked and she nodded '' Okay, then, you go and wash up and I'll make you something '' He added.

'' Nice '' She commented chuckling '' I've missed your cooking '' She continued as she left the bed and walked to the bathroom as Jiyong watched her every move. 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________

 

'' Hmm... This is so delicious '' Dara commented as she tasted the pasta Jiyong had prepared for her '' You're really a good cook, I'm so lucky to have you '' She added with a chuckle but Jiyong just stared at her still sporting that pained look. He was staring at her as if it was the last time he'd ever see her. 

'' Slowly, it won'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter