Sixty three

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Dara was just walking down the stairs when the door opened and Sang Hyun walked in, it was already lunchtime. As soon as he saw her, he frowned and walked closer to her. 

 

'' Noona, what is it? Are you okay? You got me worried... '' He asked and Dara looked at him troubled. She didn't know what she'll start with and she couldn't tell what his reaction would be. She kept looking at his face without saying anything. '' Noona... '' He called when she went quiet and spaced out.

'' Huh? Mmm, let's go and sit first '' She spoke nervously and Sang Hyun watched with a frown as she started making her way in then, he followed her. 

 

 

She sat down on the couch and looked tense. She rubbed her palms on her thighs then, cleared . 

'' Sit '' She ordered and Sang Hyun sighed as he put his hands on his hips.

'' Noona, please, don't scare me... What is it? Did Jiyong do anything to you? '' He asked and Dara quickly shook her head. 

'' No, it's not like that, Jiyong didn't do anything wrong... '' She cleared then she pointed to the couch facing her '' Have a seat '' She offered again and that time, he did as she said. He shook his head in a questioning way and Dara swallowed.

'' Come on, Noona, you're making me nervous already '' He urged and with one final look, she finally spoke.

'' It's about our parents '' Sang Hyun looked taken aback as he didn't expect it.

He tilted his head to the side and put one hand on his knee " What? What are you saying? '' 

'' You know that I didn't grow up with you and I didn't really know who our parents really were '' She started, yet, that made him even more confused.

'' Yeah? '' 

'' Don't you remember anything before you moved to the Philipines? Huh? Where you used to live or what mom and dad used to do? '' She asked and Sang Hyun deepened.

'' Noona, we have already told you about this... I was only four when we left, even if I remember anything I forgot it now or it might be made up... I don't remember anything clearly '' He explained, still not understanding why they were talking about their parents so suddenly. '' Why would you ask? '' 

'' Did they ever talk about it? Did they ever mention our grandparents? '' She decided not to answer and instead kept asking.

Sang Hyun shook his head '' No... They were really discreet about their families, whenever I or Dorami asked they would just change the topic and as we grow up we stopped asking because we thought they might not be in a good relationship '' He explained then suddenly he raised his eyebrows as if he remembered something. '' There actually only one person who they did talk about '' He announced.

'' Who? '' 

'' Our aunt... Dad always spoke fondly of her and he was always looking forward to meeting her... Yet, he couldn't... He said that she was always traveling and didn't settle '' He shared and Dara looked down. At first, Sang Hyun didn't think much of it but when she kept quiet, he knew that something was up. '' Noona... Do you know about this? '' He asked carefully and after a good thought, Dara nodded. Sang Hyun's eyes widened then it hit him and he looked at her hopefully '' Did... Did you perhaps find her? '' 

As she studied his reaction, Dara knew that Sang Hyun wouldn't have troubles accepting their aunt and she felt somehow relieved. She slowly nodded her head and Sang Hyun grinned.

'' That's amazing! How did you do it? Where is she? Can we see her? Oh God! I wish dad was here too '' He enthusiastically asked then, soon he realized that his older sister was awfully silent. '' What? '' He suddenly asked, his smile gone.

'' This is not the only thing I found out, Sang Hyun '' She told him '' There are a lot of things that our parents kept in secret '' She continued.

'' Like? '' 

'' Well, I found out a few things and I'm not exactly sure how you'll take it '' She said slowly and carefully.

'' Just tell me already! '' He pushed and she nodded.

'' I found out how I was separated from our parents and the reason why they let go of everything here and left to the Philipines '' She stated and Sang Hyun eyebrows raised in surprise and his lips parted.

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________

 

 

 

'' She's not picking up? '' Seung Hyun asked as he cut his steak into small pieces.

Jiyong put his phone down then he shook his head. '' No, she's called me a few times but I didn't pick up... Now I'm calling and it's directing me to the voice mail '' He explained. Seung Hyun was going to pour some wine into his glass but he quickly stopped him. '' No! I don't drink! '' Seung Hyun paused with the bottle hanging in his hand and blinked at his best friend. 

'' Did I hear that right? Or my mind is tricking me? '' Youngbae asked as he and Seungri and took their seats next to Jiyong and Seung Hyun respectively. 

Seung Hyun was still dazed as he stared at Jiyong who looked at his three friends. '' Yeah, I decided to stop '' He confirmed and started digging in his food while the three men looked at each other. Surprised yet at the same time happy. Over the last couple of years, they noticed how Jiyong drinking habits were only getting worse and he kept on drinking on a daily bases. However, no matter how much they tried, he just didn't seem to slow down. 

'' Stop?? '' Seung Hyun repeated and Jiyong nodded without looking up from his plate.

'' This meat is really good '' He praised. 

''What's with this sudden change of heart? The last time I checked, you couldn't sit without knocking back a whole bottle of whatever alcohol it was '' Seung Hyun asked and Seungri suddenly smirked.

'' I guess the thanks goes to a certain cardiologist that has finally knocked some sense into him '' He teased with a knowing smile and Seung Hyun was surprised at first then he grinned too. Jiyong just shook his head, a smile was tugging on his lips.

'' You're back with Dara? '' Youngbae asked genuinely happy for his friend and Jiyong nodded. 

'' Yeah, for a few days now... A little over a week actually " He shared and Seung Hyun and Seungri let out a laugh. They were sure he already counted how many days and hours already. 

'' I'm really happy for you, man '' Youngbae said then he asked something that made the other two men look at Jiyong '' But, what about Joo Yeon? ''

Jiyong paused eating and put the fork and knife down '' I filled for a divorce and I'm breaking off the merge '' He announced and before he or Youngbae could actually say anything, Seung Hyun remembered something.

'' Ha, yeah, about Mrs. Park and her son... What did you do about that? '' He asked.

'' Who are they? '' Youngbae questioned.

'' Mrs. Park?? As in Mrs. Park of Park Co.? '' Seungri continued and Seung Hyun nodded still looking at Jiyong who took a deep breath. 

'' Well, I guess I should tell you with the latest updates... '' He started and looked at each one of them. 

'' Updates on what? '' Seung Hyun asked as he put a piece of meat in his mouth.

'' Well... Don't get too shocked but... Dara is actually Mrs. Park's granddaughter '' He dropped the bomb. Youngbae's hand stopped midway before reaching the water bottle and his head turned instantly toward Jiyong. Seung Hyun stopped chewing on his food and blinked at his best friend, not quite getting what he heard. Whereas Seungri choked on his wine and some of it spilled out of his mouth but he just stared at Jiyong.

'' What?!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter