Sixty seven

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

'' What does this mean? " Jiyong asked, hands trembling as he held the papers. Dara looked at him frowning as she didn't understand what he was talking about. She approached him and her frown only got deeper, Jiyong's face was saying everything but good. 

'' What are you talking about? '' She asked as he handed her the papers without saying anything, eyes fixed on her. She glanced at him then, she took the papers and looked at them and her face fell.

'' What is this? Huh? This is not true, right? It's not '' He shook his head '' It's definitely not true! It... It can't be... Never... " He insisted and when Dara looked up at him and found his eyes shut and his hands holding tightly on his hospital gown. 

'' Jiyong... '' She called as she was trying to calm herself and explain.

'' Jihoon... He... That... '' He couldn't even make one full correct sentence. What he just read made his stomach flip. He kept shaking his head '' This can't be how you punish me '' He suddenly muttered and Dara's lips parted. He opened his eyes and looked at her, all broken and lost '' Did you hate me that much? '' He asked then swallowed hard and took a deep breath.

'' Jiyong... '' She said again and tried to tell him but he didn't give her a chance. He held his hand up stopping her. 

'' You don't need to tell me... I totally understand '' He started '' I... I hurt you a lot... '' He nodded as if to confirm what he said '' Yeah, I was a jerk, an , a coward and I ruined everything... '' He added '' You were angry and you wanted to hurt me somehow so... So... You... He... '' He stopped to take a breath as his whole body started to tremble. '' Okay, I... I accept that... I'll take it... Okay? '' He finally looked up at her and found her shaking her head '' I hurt you... You hurt me... We're even... But... But... '' He took another breath, he was blinking rapidly then, with his shaking hands he reached and held hers '' I don't want to know anything, okay? I just want to tell you one thing, I don't care who the biological father is... I... Jihoon is my son, okay? He's my son... I won't take any other option '' He shook his head vigorously, his eyes red and watery as he was on the verge of crying '' Did you hear me? I ed up and that's my punishment but he's still my son '' He insisted and he looked right into her eyes.

 

Dara's heart was about to explode and she was so close to breaking down in her own tears. She swallowed and held on his hands tightly '' You'd do that? '' She asked, her voice shaky. '' Why? '' 

Jiyong just stared at her, for a second he was lost then he gave her a faint smile then, he looked down '' I love you too much... I can't live without you... What happened... I take it, this is my payback... But that's doesn't lessen my love for you or Jihoon... I- '' Before he could finish, Dara wrapped her arms tightly around him and started crying loudly. 

 

He was taken aback at first then he slowly put his arms around her and started her back. His heart was breaking but still, he couldn't let go of her or that little boy he grew to love over such a short period. He just couldn't live without her any longer even if that meant he'll accept everything. He closed his eyes to hold his tears in then he started calming her down.

 

'' Shhh, please don't cry '' He whispered.

'' He's your son, Jiyong... Jihoon is yours '' She said through her tears but Jiyong understood it in a different way. He thought that she was agreeing with him.

'' Yes, he is '' He replied and continued rubbing her back. When he didn't say anything, Dara figured out he didn't get her. She moved away from him and quickly wiped away her tears then, ever so gently, she held his face in her hands and smiled at him.

She shook her head and repeated '' Jihoon is your son '' Jiyong just stared at her and before he could say anything she continued '' It's not like you said... Jihoon is truly your son, you're his biological father... ''

Jiyong just blinked at her then frowned. It was all too much and for a second he closed his eyes and opened them back again. He thought that he was hearing things. But she was still smiling. 

'' What are... '' 

'' I didn't do the abortion... I lied to you that day... I was angry and hurt, all that was on my mind was to hurt you and never see you again... I said that I did the abortion but I never did, I couldn't... He was just so small and innocent, he had nothing to do with what happened and I couldn't just kill him because you left me... I just couldn't do it... I'm not sorry for lying that day but I'm sorry for keeping it to you till this day '' She finally explained and Jiyong was just staring at her as if he didn't know her. He felt a shiver run down his spine.

'' He... He is my son?... Our son? '' He muttered and Dara quickly nodded. 

'' Even if I'm that angry with you... I would never sleep with someone and have a baby just to get back at you... '' She shook her head then, she bit her lips and looked down for a couple of seconds '' I never slept with anyone else '' She revealed as she rubbed the back of her neck.

Jiyong blinked twice before finally, what she said sank in. '' Oh my God! '' He exclaimed '' Jihoon is my son... I'm his father... He's my son... I have a son! '' He nearly shouted as his lips parted then he started to smile as finally, his tears started falling '' I'm a father '' He whispered and Dara nodded as she started crying again '' Oh my God! Dara! '' He then pulled her into a tight hug and buried his face in her neck. He was laughing as he squeezed her tightly. '' Thank you, thank you, thank you '' He murmured close to her ear and Dara just gently passed her hand through his hair. 

 

 

Suddenly, he moved away from her and he was frowning. 

 

 

'' Then what about the tests? They all said that we're not related... How can that happen? " He asked and Dara looked away guiltily then she rubbed her palms together. 

'' Actually... There's something you should know... '' She started as she finally

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter