Fifty nine

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

By the time they reached Seoul, Jiyong realized it was too late to go and see her. It was already a little over midnight. He took Miss Park to one of his hotels and ordered them to prepare a nice suite for her and provide her with everything she needed and in the meantime, they sat waiting in the hotel's reception hall f

 

 

'' I'll be going now but I'll be back tomorrow so we can talk about what we will do '' Jiyong announced when she was told that her suite was ready. 

They stood from their seats and Jiyong reached to take his coat. '' When... When will I be able to see them? '' She asked him and Jiyong smiled.

'' As I told you, Miss Park... Dara and Sang Hyun have no idea about all these things and before I let them know, I need to talk to your mother first '' He re-informed as they already talked about this on the plane back but the poor woman was eager to meet her niece and nephew. 

She nodded and rubbed both her hands together '' When will you talk to her? '' She questioned then she quickly cleared '' My mother, I mean '' 

'' Tomorrow, I am planning to do everything fast because I feel like suffocating since I'm still related to Lee '' He answered '' I'll come to pick you up before I go to her '' He added and she was fast to shake her head.

'' There's no need... My mother and me... I don't know if you haven't noticed but we're not on good terms... We haven't spoken in years '' She explained and Jiyong changed his coat in his other hand and put the free hand in his pocket.

'' I'm sorry if I sound rude but Miss Park... Don't you think it's time to start a new chapter? Huh? What happened is already in the past and if you keep blaming your mother nothing will change and you won't find peace '' He reasoned and she just stared at him.

'' You think that I don't want that? '' She surprised him with what she said, he had expected her to tell him that it wasn't his business or something like that. '' But I just can't forget how she and my father believed a stranger over their own son... If they did listen to my brother for once, just for once, we wouldn't be here today and my brother and his family would still be living happily together '' She continued and with that, Jiyong concluded that her anger was much more than he thought.

He sighed and looked down '' I know it's hard but I hope you'd think about it... At least for Dara and Sang Hyun,'' He insisted and looked at her for a few but she didn't say or do anything. '' Okay, I have to go now... Have a good night '' 

'' Good night '' Then he bowed and walked away.

 

 

 

 

When he got back home, he instantly smiled when he turned the lights on. Dara and Jihoon were there just a few hours ago. Still, by the door, he closed his eyes and tried to remember how it was and felt like. Eventually, he let out a sigh and opened his eyes and was welcomed by silence. 

 

'' Soon... Just wait for a little bit more Jiyong and then you'll be able to live the life you want for the rest of your life '' He encouraged himself then put his coat on the hanger and walked to the kitchen. He was feeling a little bit hungry since he barely ate anything the whole day and decided to have at least some ramen before going to bed. 

 

 

When he went to the fridge to take out the egg, he found a nice surprise that made him blink first then he laughed shaking his head.

 

'' Dara... '' He muttered as he reached inside and took out the bowl covered with plastic wrap. There was a small note in a pink paper stuck on top of it.

 

 

'' I wanted to make something else but I didn't have time... Eat this salad when you get home, I made some fresh orange juice it's in the blue bottle in the fridge door... There's also some rice in the rice- cooker, heat it and eat everything... You need to eat healthily and don't drink ALCOHOL!! - Dara '' He was grinning like some young high school teenager going on his first date as he read what she wrote.

 

He looked down and saw the bottle she mentioned and he took it out. He placed it and bowl at the table then went to where the rice-cooker was and opened it. There was indeed some nicely cooked rice yet when he touched it, it was a little bit hard so he figured she did it on purpose so when he'll re-heat it, it won't get overcooked.

 

 

'' She still knows that I don't like my rice overcooked '' He chuckled again then, he turned the machine on. He waited for a good five minutes then he turned it off and put some for himself. He then decided to make some eggs as it would go well with what he had. For the next forty minutes, he was busy preparing and then cooking his food. He was so lazy after that to clean and put everything in the washing machine. 

 

 

He was tiredly walking to his room and when he opened the door, he was welcomed with a familiar scent that he adored so much. Her perfume. Her smell. She must have used it and it was still stuck in the room. His eyes landed at the bed and he was instantly reminded of the previous night. She was there. She was back again to him and she slept on his bed. The memory and thought of it alone made him feel more determined to get rid of Lee and Joo Yeon and start the life that HE wanted. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

The next morning, he woke up a little bit late may be due to the tiredness of the previous day. He took a quick shower then he got ready in less than twenty minutes. He searched for his phone and found it next to his pillow. He was about to call his assistant but it was turned off. Of course, he forgot to charge it. He huffed yet, he put it in his pocket and decided it was time to go out, he had a lot of things to do. 

 

 

 

His driver was already waiting for him at the door outside with the car and he bowed when he saw him. After he was seated in the back seat, the driver looked at him from the rear mirror and asked. 

 

'' Where to, sir? '' 

'' Park Co. Headquarter '' 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At that time, Dara was in her house trying to reach him but his phone was still turned off. She huffed once again then she put her phone down on the table rather harshly.

 

 

'' He's still not picking up? '' Chaerin asked and she nodded. 

'' I just want to make sure he's fine '' She whined.

'' Didn't you say that he was out of town yesterday? '' He friend asked again as she sipped on her coffee.

'' Yeah but when I woke up I found that he sent me a text at midnight telling me that he came back safely when I tried to call him, his phone was turned off '' She explained and bit on one of her fingers. 

'' Maybe the battery is dead... Dee, you should stop expecting the worst always '' Chaerin advice and Dara closed her eyes as she held her face in her hands. 

'' How can I not, huh? You know how things are... That guy and his daughter are dangerous and they are able to do anything to him just to stop him from coming back to me '' She argued '' And besides, you should have seen his state that night, he looked as if someone close to him has died yet at the same time there was anger radiating from his eyes... I'm sure that whatever made him like that is not something light " She added and Chaerin put her cup down and reached for her friend's hand. 

'' Okay, you're right, but if you keep on thinking negatively and stressing yourself, it won't do you any good. '' The best friend said '' And you don't have to worry, I'm sure that whatever they'll do this time, it won'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter