Twenty Six

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

After getting over the contract, Jiyong immediately went back to his own house feeling more excited than ever. He entered his home office and went directly to his safe. After entering the code, he took a small velvet box and smiled. After that, he went and sat on his couch and stared at the shiny ring with a grin on his handsome face. 

 

It was his mother's ring. After she died, Jiyong found the ring in his own room with a small note next to it. His grandmother gave the ring to his mother and the later requested from her son to give the ring only to the woman who he was surely in love with and ready to spend the rest of his life with. That woman was Sandara. 

 

He smiled at the thought of finally marrying Sandara and starting a family with her. He was so excited to spend forever with her that he forgot that life doesn't always go as we plan. 

 

After a good few minutes of staring at the ring, he finally decided to call his beautiful butterfly and tell her to prepare herself.

 

'' Baby girl '' He said as soon as she picked up and he was able to hear her laugh.

'' Hey '' She greeted back 

'' What are you doing? '' He asked as he played with the box.

'' I am buying a few things to make dinner '' She answered '' Are you at work? Did you have your lunch? '' She questioned.

'' Yeah I did... Babe, will you please go out with me tonight? '' He requested nervously '' I have something to tell you '' He added.

'' Huh? Is everything okay? You're worrying me, nothing happened with your father, right? '' She asked back afraid that something bad may have happened but Jiyong was quick to reassure her.

'' No, no... I just... I'll tell you as we have dinner '' He obviously couldn't tell her that he was going to propose.

'' Okay '' She accepted even though she was still worried. 

'' Great, I'll come to pick you up at 8 '' He announced feeling excited yet at the same time nervous.

'' Alright, I have to go now, see you later '' 

'' Bye, I love you '' 

'' Love you too '' Then she hung up and Jiyong let out a sigh.

'' The first step is done, now I gotta hurry up and get everything done before she arrives '' He spoke to himself as he stood, returned the ring to its place, and started to think about what he should do first '' Get yourself together, Kwon Jiyong '' He scolded himself then finally left the house to go and buy few things he needed to make dinner for the both of them. 

 

 

He was in the elevator when his phone rang. It was Joo Yeon's father. Already having an idea about what the old man may say, Jiyong decided to ignore the call. He didn't anyone to ruin his joyful mood. But Mr.Lee was just persistent and after four times, Jiyong finally picked up as he walked to his car. 

 

'' Hello, Mr.Lee '' Jiyong greeted coldly. 

'' Jiyong, how are you doing? '' The man asked '' I heard you've been facing a few problems at work lately '' He added and Jiyong shivered.

'' Nothing that I couldn't handle, it's over now '' He shared and he heard the man laugh which made him feel more nervous.

'' Oh, Jiyong... I think your father didn't tell you everything about the contract you just signed today, did he? '' Mr.Lee asked amused and Jiyong stopped in his tracks.

'' What are you saying? '' He felt like his heart was about to stop.

'' This is not something to talk about over the phone, I am near your house now '' The man said sounding calmer than ever and Jiyong started to look around until he spotted him getting out of his car with two men next to him.

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________

 

 

 

'' Nice place '' Mr.Lee commented as he looked around Jiyong's apartment then made himself comfortable on one of the couches. Jiyong, however, decided to stay standing as he was dying to know what's happening.

'' I don't think it's the right time to chit chat, what do you have to say? '' Jiyong impatiently asked. 

'' You're always on a hurry, Jiyong, and that's my boy what's gotten you in trouble '' The old man noted with a chuckle '' Did you even check everything about the company you signed with today? Huh? '' He added and Jiyong frowned.

'' Just get straight to the point '' He ordered yet the other man only kept on smiling brightly.

'' You thought that you can make my daughter cry and get away with it, did you? '' He leaned back '' Who are you to turn down my girl? Who do you think you are? No one can do that while I'm alive '' He continued and his words made Jiyong angry.

'' Mr.Lee, I understand that you want to make your daughter happy but Joo Yeon and I can never- '' He was speaking but was cut off with the old man's next words.

'' There is no such company named Bonhwa, Jiyong darling '' 

'' What? '' Jiyong muttered feeling slightly lost.

'' It was all made up, there is no company and the contract you signed and gave to Mr.Han is not valid '' He announced smiling proudly as he watched Jiyong's shocked expression '' You know what that means, right? Once Mr.Han knows about you did, he won't stay calm '' He continued and Jiyong shook his head.

'' This is... This is not true '' He stuttered.

'' Oh, it is. You won't just pay millions of dollars, you'll be sued for fraud and forgery not to mention the extra money you have to pay for working with a non-existent company and the huge scandal you'll create for yourself, your company, and your family. And you know that it means you can go to jail, right? '' Mr.Lee explained calmly and Jiyong felt dizzy.

'' No... This is not true... '' He kept repeating.

'' Min Suk and your three pretty lawyers were all paid to do me this small favor '' He shared '' Then there is your father '' He revealed and Jiyong closed his eyes shut '' He was smart enough to know that the best option for you and his precious companies was to make the marriage happen. At first, I didn't think he would succeed but then he did and you signed the contract without even reading, nice job '' He continued and Jiyong wished he was dead before he could hear the betrayal of his own father.

 

'' What do you want? '' He finally asked and he heard the man chuckle for the nth time that day.

'' You know what I want '' He stated '' Joo Yeon... You're going to marry her without any objections '' He added and Jiyong glared at him shaking his head.

'' No... That's not going to happen... Never... I don't care if we went bankrupt or about any scandal... I don't even give a damn if you wanted to put in jail... You can go ahead and do what you want but I won't ever marry your daughter '' He stated strongly and the older man finally stood.

'' You don't care about Dr.Park? '' He questioned and a shiver ran through Jiyong's body and his face turned pale '' I already went and did all this, you don't think I would leave her and her small naive family out of this, do you? '' He continued as he walked closer to a stoned Jiyong.

'' Keep her out of this '' Jiyong said through gritted teeth.

'' Never '' He confidently declared '' If you don't want to see something bad happening to your dear lover and her family then do as I say. I'll give you three weeks and on your birthday, I want you to announce to everyone that you're marrying my d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter