Thirty nine

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Jiyong went after Dara yet since she was a doctor in that hospital before, she knew her way around and she was soon out of his sight. He was running around the hospital looking for her as a crazy but to no avail. She just disappeared as if it wasn't here who was speaking in front of him. 

 

'' it! '' He cursed under his breath as he stood to catch his breath '' Where did you go, Dara, where? '' He asked as he continued roaming his eyes around. 

'' Jiyong! " Someone called his name and he turned to see Seunghyun and Youngbae coming towards him. '' You've seen her, right? That wasn't a trick made by my mind '' He asked when they approached him and they shared a meaningful look. 

'' It was her '' Youngbae confirmed. 

'' I have to find her '' He muttered.

'' Why? '' Seunghyun suddenly asked and they both turned to look at him '' Why are you looking for her again, Jiyong? Are you ready to let go of everything and get back with her? Are you not afraid of Lee anymore? Are you ready to tell her everything? '' He added and Jiyong just stared at him.

'' He's is right, Ji '' Youngbae confirmed.

'' If you are not ready to do any of that and if you are not ready to fight for her then let her go. Don't look for her, don't show up before her again and let her live her life '' Seunghyun insisted and Jiyong looked at them frustrated then he walked away. 

'' I think you were a little too harsh on him,  it's not like he can do anything against Lee '' Youngbae said when he was left alone with Seunghyun.

'' No, Jiyong needs to make up his mind and choose what he'll do and what he wants. We're not young anymore '' Seunghyun stated as he looked at Jiyong as he walked away. 

 

 

 

At that time, Dara was walking away from the hospital's back door. She let out a deep breath a soon as she was out. He was following her. What else did he want? Was he going to yell at her for showing up at their lives again? But she didn't even intend to do so! That moment, she remembered him and her. It was different seeing them together in reality than how it was seeing them in the news.

 

But the pain was still the same. 

 

'' Don't cry, Dara! Don't cry! '' She ordered through gritted teeth. 

 

She was just lying to herself when she said she forgot about him. Even if she wanted to, she couldn't because every time she looked at Jihoon she was reminded of him. It didn't help when he looked more and more like his father as he grew up. Yet, it wasn't just that. At times, he really did act like Jiyong and didn't like the things Jiyong didn't like, they even had the same types of allergies.

 

But what could she do? He hurt her so much. He broke her heart and broke her trust to a point that she can never forgive him. Besides, he was married, even if she still had feelings for him, she can never be a home wrecker. 

 

She suddenly laughed at that thought. As if he would want to get back to you! She said to herself. He was so clear that day when he said that she wasn't worth it and that he didn't love her, she can never forget hearing those things from him. 

 

 

'' Why does it have to be this way? '' She whispered to herself before she finally went to look for a taxi and go back home. She was leaving in four days, she had to be careful not to cross paths with him again.

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

That night, neither of them fell asleep and Jiyong actually spent the entire night in the hospital hoping to see her again. But it never happened. The next morning, Mr. Kwon was transferred to a normal room and soon after, everyone came to check on him.

 

Jiyong, as usual, was as far away from him as possible while Joo Yeon and his step-mother were right next to his bed. Joo Yeon's parents; Yubin and her fiancé; Seunghyun and Bom; Youngbae and Daesung were all there as well.

 

'' How are you feeling? '' Mrs. Kwon asked.

'' Fine '' He replied weakly as he avoided looking at Mr. Lee and just focused on Jiyong who was standing by the window with both hands in his pockets.

'' You should be thankful Dr. Park was there or I don't know what would have happened '' Yubin suddenly said and everyone looked at her, only Jiyong who tensed. 

'' What? '' The old man asked and his wife glared at her niece. 

'' What? If Dara wasn't here he wouldn't have probably survived. I really admit that she's strong '' Yubin chuckled '' If I was her and after everything you did to her, I wouldn't even look at your direction again '' She continued.

'' Kim Yubin! '' Mrs. Kwon hissed. 

'' It would be better if you kept your thoughts to yourself '' Joo Yeon added and Yubin chuckled more.

'' Guess I am saying something right since everyone got worked up '' She muttered then turned at her fiancé '' Let's go then '' and then the two of them left. Then Seunghyun, Daesung, and Youngbae decided to leave.

'' We're glad that you're fine, Mr. Kwon '' Daesung said before they left. 

 

A few minutes later, Jiyong decided that he couldn't stay in there any longer. He couldn't be with his father, Joo Yeon, and her parents in the same place for too long. He was just out of the room when Joo Yeon went after him.

 

'' Where are you going? '' She asked and he sighed.

'' How many times do I have to repeat that this is none of your business " He said tiredly and then walked away.

'' You're not going to see her, are you? '' She asked making him stop '' You know what can happen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter