Fifty five

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

For the rest of the day, Jiyong was not himself. After all the shocking information he got from his father, he went back to his apartment. He couldn't work, he couldn't eat, he basically couldn't do anything. He was in a daze. He couldn't believe that Mr. Lee was such a despicable being. He was so greedy and full of hatred that he ruined a whole family. 

 

How was he able to steal a little baby from her parents? How could he betray his friend when all Dara's father and family gave him were love and care? And that wasn't everything. After all these years, he was doing the same thing to him... He was ruining his life and Dara's as well. While he was enjoying his life and living in luxury, Dara was suffering all by herself and thinking that her parents didn't want her. 

 

When he was enjoying the money and power that he stole from the Parks, Dara's parents were suffering and trying their best to provide a good life for the two children they had left. Her grandmother kept blaming herself all these years and her aunt had to live away and on her own. 

 

When his daughter was being treated like a princess, getting everything she wanted, wearing the best designer clothes, going to the best private schools, fooling around, and enjoying her life... Dara was suffering and struggling on her own. She couldn't enjoy her childhood or teenagehood because she had to work hard to provide money for herself. When she was sick and lonely, Joo Yeon was living her best life. 

 

 

The more he thought about these things, the more angry Jiyong got. He was furious and maybe furious and angry were not enough to describe how enraged he was feeling. If it was up to him, he would have gone to Lee and strangled him to death. But he knew that death was like an easy getaway... He had to suffer... He had to pay for every little thing he did... He had to lose everything that he stole from Dara... Maybe then, all that angry building inside Jiyong would be gone. 

 

 

Four hours passed since he left his father's house. He was in the living room, his tie and jacket were thrown away, the first few buttons of his shirt were open, his hair was messed up since he kept gripping it, his watch was put upside down on the table in front of him. He was a total mess. He got calls from his father, Seung Hyun, and Seungri but he never answered. He was not able to speak to anyone. 

 

 

Even though it was still bright outside, the entire apartment was dark and scarily quiet. He laid back on the couch, his hands resting tiredly on his thighs, his head thrown back, and his eyes open and staring at the ceiling. Suddenly he chuckled bitterly then a tear left his eye. 

 

 

'' God... '' He groaned painfully then, he closed his eyes. 

 

 

They even stole him away from her. 

 

 

Mr. Lee and his daughter didn't let her be happy with him. When he and Dara were deeply in love with each other, Joo Yeon was the one who had the pleasure to marry him and show him off in front of everyone. And what made him feel sick was that he helped them do that. 

 

 

'' Ah, God... '' 

 

 

If Jihoon was truly his son -and he was sure he was- then that meant that... They... They... They even didn't let him enjoy his son and he had to live away from him for a couple of years... He wasn't there when he was born, he couldn't hold him, he couldn't watch his very first few days in this world, he missed his first step, he wasn't there when he said his first word, he couldn't comfort him when he woke up crying during the night... And that was all because of that sick bastard and his crazy daughter. 

 

 

He needed a drink...

 

 

He couldn't proceed all of that without having some alcohol... It was just too much and when he thought that he had to reveal everything to Dara, his heart clenched even more and he couldn't imagine how hurt she would be. 

After hours of sitting, he finally stood up and headed to the kitchen... His steps were weak and he felt like his whole body was so heavy and his head was pounding painfully... He stood in front of the ceiling-length cabinet and opened it... He took out one whiskey bottle and went to take out a glass... He put them both on the countertop and started pouring a glass for himself. However, he suddenly stopped.

 

 

He remembered how Dara was scolding him for drinking too much that it could ruin his liver and how she kept insisting on him to go and see a doctor. His hand was hanging in the air holding the glass as he stared at it. He wanted to pour it down his throat so badly as if he'd go crazy if he didn't but her words kept hunting him.

 

'' ... '' He cursed as he angrily put the glass down and pushed it and the bottle away from him but luckily they didn't fall. He put both his hands on the counter and tried to take deep and steady breaths. He was still like that when he suddenly heard his phone ringing. At first, he ignored it but the caller didn't give up. He reluctantly walked back to the living room and started searching for his phone. He followed the sound and found it under one of the cushions on the couch he was sitting on. 

 

 

 

It was Dara. He read her name over and over again yet he kept staring at the device without picking up. After a few seconds, the call was cut off and the screen turned black. 

 

 

At that time, Dara was starting to get worried. At first, he told her that he'd come once he's done with his meeting but he didn't and it was getting closer to 7 pm without him showing up. Then, she was with Chaerin having some tea together as Jihoon was sleeping when Seungri called Chaerin and asked her if Jiyong was with Dara. Apparently, Seung Hyun was looking for him but couldn't reach him.

 

She didn't think much of it but when she called Seung Hyun after half an hour and he told her that he still couldn't get to Jiyong, she started to panic and worried about whether something had happened to him. Jihoon was already up and laying in Chaerin's arms when Dara took her phone and dialed Jiyong's number. However, he didn't pick up. She tried once again but he still didn't pick up.

 

 

'' Something is off, I'm sure '' She muttered as she rose from her seat and started pacing around. 

'' Don't worry, he's probably busy with something... He'd call you back for sure '' Chaerin assured when she herself was worried. With everything that was happening, it was only normal for one to think of the worst. 

'' He usually picks up even when he's busy '' Dara argued then, reached for her phone to call him again. Just when she was about hit the call icon, her phone rang. It was Jiyong. " It's him '' She informed and looked at her friend. 

'' Answer it! '' Chaerin urged. 

 

 

 

'' Jiyong? Where are you? Why are you picking up? Are you okay? Did something happen? '' She bombarded him with questions. 

'' I'm fine '' He said weakly and Dara's frown deepened and her heart skipped a beat.

'' You're not... What's wrong with your voice? Jiyong, please what's the matter? '' She pleaded and run her free hand through her hair. 

'' It's nothing... I'm just a little bit tired from the flights '' He lied and he was sure she knew that he was. 

'' Okay '' She played along '' Where are you now? '' She questioned and looked at Chaerin who looked at her curiously. 

'' Home '' He answered and Dara's face fell and her hand dropped to her side. Jiyong realized that she must have thought he was with Joo Yeon since she didn't say anything so he quickly cleared '' In my apartment I mean... My old apartment '' 

Dara's mouth slightly opened and she blinked twice fastly '' Oh '' She muttered. 

'' I gotta go, Dara... I'll call you '' He said and he instantly hung up before she could say anything more. 

 

 

Dara kept looking at her phone. '' What's wrong? Is he okay? '' Chaerin asked and Dara looked at her then shook her head.

'' He's hiding something, I'm sure '' She told her then palmed herself and let out a sigh. 

'' How will you know then? What will you do? '' At her question, Dara stared at her best friend for a few seconds then she reached and took Jihoon from her. '' What are you doing? " She wondered when Dara started walking toward the stairs. '' Dara! '' Chaerin called then she followed her upstairs. 

 

 

 

 

Chaerin pushed the door open and foun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter