Seventy Two

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jiyong was the first to wake up. Unconsciously, he looked over to Jihoon's small bed and the little boy was still in lalaland, sleeping peacefully on his stomach. The father chuckled sleepily then turned and saw that Dara was sleeping with her hair all over the pillow, lips slightly apart, and her hands resting on his chest. He took her hand and kissed it gently then, ever so slowly, he his side and stared at her. He didn't know how long he looked at her and, honestly didn't care.

 

After some time, Jihoon started making some noises meaning that he'll be waking up soon, so, Jiyong had to wake her. He started by gently and slowly kissing her cheek, her noise, then, her lips. The feeling of his hot lips on her face was tickling so she tried to push him away but he was stronger. Suddenly, his hands moved underneath her shirt and he started to lightly move his hand up and down her bare skin. The movement sent shivers down her spine and she could no longer pretend to be asleep. 

 

'' Jiyong ''she whined sleepily but he only laughed '' Stop'' it came out weak and cute so she groaned.

'' Good morning, sunshine ''he whispered as he gave her one last kiss.

'' What time is it? ''she had only one eye open looking at Jiyong. 

He looked past her '' A little over 10 '' 

Her eyes sprang open and she pushed herself up '' We overslept! Jihoon-'' Jiyong pulled her back and hugged her.

'' Easy there, super mama. He's still sleeping. He woke up at night, I changed his diapers and gave him milk, that's probably why he didn't wake up early '' He explained.

'' I didn't notice you waking up '' she muttered as she made herself more comfortable in his arms. 

'' You were probably tired and slightly tipsy from the wine we had '' she groaned in annoyance, and he just smiled '' Ah, I love this '' he said and wrapped his arms around her, nearly suffocating her. 

'' What? Trying to kill me? or waking up late '' she teased as she struggled to move away but he refused and just laughed.

'' I just love having you and Jihoon with me '' he muttered and moved away to look at her '' Why don't you just move in here? Huh? '' He asked and instantly, she sighed. Jiyong had been popping that question ever since he got back from Singapore and no matter what she said, it didn't look like he was going to give up.

'' Jiyong... We already talked about this. Moving in is not an option. Even me being here right now is wrong '' she looked down. '' You're still a married man, whether you wanted it or not... What we're doing is wrong and moving in together is not an option for now '' she added then looked at him to find him smiling '' What? ''

He shook his head '' I'm sorry we have to go through all this '' He apologized for the nth time, just when she was about to answer him, his phone started ringing. Seeing it was his lawyer, Jiyong hurriedly woke up.

'' Who is it? '' Dara asked as she stood to a sitting position.

" Work '' He simply answered and walked out of the room. 

 

 

 

 

'' Mr. Kim ''

'' Mr. Kwon, good morning '' the lawyer greeted back '' I hope I'm not interrupting something '' he quickly added.

'' No, no, it's fine. Is everything okay? '' Jiyong asked nervously. He was always scared that something may happen and ruin his plans. It was only three weeks since he last talked to his lawyer and the last time he checked, he was told that he can't get a divorce for at least another month.

'' Yes. I'm actually calling you to share some good news. '' Mr. Kim said '' I just got out of the courtroom, congratulations, Mr. Kwon, you're a free man starting from today '' He announced.

Jiyong couldn't believe what he was hearing '' Are you sure? Did nothing happen? '' he gulped, his feet suddenly felt cold.

'' Nothing, Mr. Kwon. Everything has been finalized so you and Miss Lee are no longer married '' Mr. Kim repeated and Jiyong as if he could fly with happiness. A million and one thought invaded his brain but the only thing that mattered the most was that he can finally be with Dara. 

'' Thank you so much, Mr. Kim. I really appreciate it ''

'' It's my job. I'll try to pass by your office later and hand you the verdict papers'' he shared then, hung up. 

'' Is everything okay? '' Dara suddenly asked and Jiyong turned to see her standing by the door, tying her hair. It was over. He was no longer married to Joo Yeon. The thought was enough to make him want to dance and kiss Dara until they were both out of breath. He was dying to share the news with her but he stopped himself. He needed to prepare himself first and make a nice surprise. 

When he didn't answer and just stood in the middle of the hall staring at her, Dara frowned worriedly '' Jiyong, what's happening? " she repeated and that's when he woke up from his daze and grinned like an idiot. 

He leaned down and stole a quick kiss from her lips '' Nothing. Everything is perfectly fine '' she wanted to insist but she heard Jihoon crying for her so she returned to the room.

Jiyong was following her with his eyes, mouth still smiling '' Everything is finally fine, butterfly ''

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________

 

 

 

After having their breakfast, Jiyong was the first to leave. He had to attend some meetings in the afternoon and Dara needed to go back home. He tried everything to convince her to stay but nothing worked. Fortunately, when he reached his office, Mr. Kim was waiting for him.

 

'' Mr. Kwon" the older man greeted as he shook Jiyong's hand.

''  I hope you didn't wait for long '' Jiyong said as he took his seat. 

'' It's fine '' the lawyer answered as he started taking something out of his briefcase. " Here's your documents, Mr. Kwon '' 

Jiyong was on cloud nine reading the papers he longed so much for. '' It's finally over '' he muttered to himself.

'' I'm sorry? ''

He smiled '' No, no, everything is perfect, thank you so much for your hard work '' he stood and shook his hand once more. 

 

Just when the man was walking out of the door, Seung Hyun entered the office. He took a seat in front of Jiyong's desk and made himself comfortable. 

'' What's with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter