Six

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 Dara let out a sigh as she remembered how everything changed in her life since that trip. She met Jiyong for just one day and did what she never thought she’d do. Then she left the next morning. She was excited to meet her parents but was devastated to know that they passed away in a terrible accident.

 

However, she had met her siblings. Sang Hyun who was two years younger than her and Doorami who was three years younger. She moved out of Chaerin’s house and started her life with her younger siblings. 

 

She kept working for the rest of the summer and every time she was working in the café in Hongdae she was hoping that he’d come to see her. Her eyes were always on the door and with everyone entering she was looking for him. 


After that, school started and she got busy studying and working and she somehow stopped longing and hoping for Jiyong to show up. Sandara was pretending to be okay and nonchalant but Chaerin knew that she was faking it and that her friend was for once smitten by someone. 

 

Dara suddenly chuckled at herself. She was thinking about him all the time yet it was clear that she was nothing for him. She should let it go already. After all, he was a very successful, very rich, and very powerful businessman, she knew that today after searching his name online. And of course, someone like him wouldn’t be with a plain woman like her. Especially if he had someone next to him like that pretty lady she saw in the hospital. 

 

And that was Dara’s final thought before she slumbered to sleep. 

 

 

_______________________________________

 

 


A phone was ringing constantly that kept Jiyong from sleeping. He woke up groaning before he clumsily looked for his phone on the nightstand. 

‘’ What? ‘’ He asked in husky sleep filled voice. 
‘’ Good morning, Mr. Kwon. I am sorry to wake you up but you have a meeting to attend in half an hour and then you need to go to the hospital as your father would be discharged ‘’ Jiho his assistant said.
Jiyong cursed before he ordered ‘’ I am in the Shilla hotel, you know the room’s number. Just bring me a suit with you ‘’ Then he hung up before waiting for the other man to say anything. He threw his phone somewhere and then he inwardly let out a sigh. He was suffering from a really bad hangover and now he had to have a meeting.

 

His father.

 

That meant he’ll see her again. Just then, he remembered her with her family the night before. 

He didn’t expect it. But just like she forgot, he’ll do the same and he knew that he’ll only be able to do that when he talks to her.


He stayed in bed just looking at the ceiling when someone knocked on the door. It was Jiho. Jiyong quickly took a shower, changed and they left. 

Throughout the ride to the company’s building, Jiho was talking about something but Jiyong’s mind was elsewhere. And he continued zoning out during the meeting and until he left to the hospital. 

 

 

___________________________________

 


  
 Dara was at the hospital since the early morning going from one patient to another. By midday, she stopped at Jiyong’s father’s room to check on him and see if he was able to leave. 


‘’ Hello, Mr. Kwon, how are you feeling today? ‘’ She cheerfully asked as she did her job. 
The old man smiled at her ‘’ I am feeling great ‘’ 
Dara chuckled ‘’ That’s good then, so you’re ready to go home? Because it looks like there is no need for you to stay with us any longer ‘’ She informed and Mr. Kwon laughed.
‘’ I really like you, doctor ‘’ He told her ‘’ You’re nice ‘’ 
‘’ Yeah but I would be nicer if you promised to take care of yourself more and watch out- ‘’ She was talking when the door opened and when she turned back her heart stopped. It was him. 

‘’ Jiyong, you came ‘’ The father said as he looked at his son longingly 

Dara just stood there blinking as Jiyong glared at her. Then, Mrs. Kwon entered and Sandara gained her senses back. She stuttered and then turned to her patient.

‘’ So as I was saying, you need to take care of yourself more and eat healthily. You should stay away from stress and mostly anger, it’s not good for you, and don’t tire yourself. I’ll also be giving you some medicines so you have to take them regularly, okay? ‘’ She asked with a smile and the man nodded.
‘’ Can he leave today? ‘’ His wife asked.
‘’ Yes, I’ll prepare his discharging papers now ‘’ She told her and then she bowed. Just when she turned to leave, someone else entered the room. It was Joo Yeon. She welcomed everyone but Dara.
 


She talked with Mr. and Mrs. Kwon and then she went to Jiyong, kissed him and held his arm.  Upon seeing them, Sandara hurried to the door. The moment she was out she let out a breath. 


Get it together, Sandara! And stop getting over yourself! she said to herself.

 


  After a few minutes, Mr. Kwon was ready to leave. His wife, Joo Yeon, and his driver were with him while Jiyong was just trailing along. Just then, he saw Dara walking with another girl, he assumed she was a nurse, he kept following her with his eyes until she disappeared. Immediately, he took his phone and called Jiho.


‘’ Jiho, leave whatever you’re doing now and look for everything you can know about Park Sandara ‘’ He ordered.
‘’ Yes, sir ‘’ The other man replied immediately and Jiyong hung up. 


‘’ We’ll meet soon, Dr. Park ‘’ He said to himself as he finally left the hospital with his family.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter