Seventy one

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

'' I'm really sorry, Jae '' Dara muttered for the nth time looking all apologetic as she put on her earrings. 

Jaejoong just smiled as he rocked Jihoon in his arms '' It's okay, you took care of my son for years without a complaint, this is the least I can do to repay you '' He assured still smiling. 

Dara finished getting ready and smiled back '' Thank you, you're really my life savior right now '' Before he could reply, the doorbell rang. '' This must be Jiyong '' She rushed to the door and her guess was right.

'' Hey '' Jiyong smiled widely as he greeted her and she mirrored it back.

'' Hi '' She moved away to let him in.

'' Are you ready? '' He asked just before he could see Jihoon and Jaejoong. They were standing a few feet away, both smiling. At the sight of his father, Jihoon got excited and reached for him. The moment Jiyong started moving towards him, Dara stopped him.

'' We're already late '' He nodded but still proceeded to where Jaejoong was standing and took Jihoon's small hand and kissed it.

'' We'll be back soon, be a good boy, okay? '' He smiled warmly at him yet the little boy kept on pouting. He knew that they were leaving without him but fortunately for them, he just leaned back on Jaejoong, still with the pout on his cute little face, and didn't cry.

'' If anything happens, just call me '' Dara reminded Jaejoong who rolled his eyes and shooed them with his hand.

'' Just go '' 

Jiyong and Dara both smiled and nodded; after taking her purse, they were finally out of the house. '' Sang Hyun is not coming, is he? '' Jiyong asked and instantly, she sighed and shook her head.

'' Naeun and I both tried, even Jaejoong tried speaking to him but it was useless. He's so persistent '' He opened the car door for her then quickly joined her at the driver seat. 

'' He'll come around with time, we just have to wait '' He assured even though he wasn't so sure of what he was saying. 

Dara helplessly nodded then tried to change the topic. She didn't want to meet her aunt for the first time looking all sad and worried. '' Where are we meeting her? '' She asked and Jiyong smiled as he started the car. 

'' At the hotel where she's staying, she's been waiting for so long to meet you '' He answered and Dara smiled. She too was looking forward to meeting her aunt.

'' Me too '' 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________

 

 

Sometime later, Jiyong and Dara were walking hand in hand in the hallway that leads to the hotel's restaurant. When they reached the entrance, the manager greeted them bowing.

'' Mr. Kwon, it's a pleasure to have you here tonight '' The man said.

'' Thank you, Mr. Ko '' He looked around the wide and completely full dining hall '' Miss Park Seong Ja? '' He added and the manager nodded.

'' She's waiting in the VIP room, Sir '' He informed then started leading them. On the way to the room, Jiyong felt Dara tightening her grip on his hand so he started gently rubbing it with his thumb then he leaned closer.

'' It's okay, you don't have to stress yourself, I'm here with you '' He assured in a whisper and Dara bit her lips then she nodded. '' Now show me that beautiful smile of yours '' He added and she did as he said just before the manager stopped.

'' She's here '' He informed and looked at a closed-door and Jiyong nodded smiling.

'' Thank you '' The other man bowed again.

'' There's a bell on the table, use it whenever you're ready to order and someone will come to you '' Mr. Ko revealed and although Jiyong knew it already it was just the protocol. The couple nodded and the man finally left. Jiyong turned to look at Dara and once again, gave her his assuring smile.

'' Ready? '' He asked and Dara took a deep breath then slowly nodded. Without wasting more time, Jiyong knocked on the door twice then he turned the doorknob and pushed it open.

Park Seong Ja was waiting anxiously inside and the moment she heard the knock and the door opening, she immediately stood from her seat and turned to look at them. She was as nervous as Dara if not more yet she was abler to hide it. Jiyong was the first person she saw and he bowed his head greeting her then he moved to the left and that's when she saw her. 

 

'' You have his eyes '' She muttered absentmindedly and Jiyong and Dara both shared a look. '' God, I'm so sorry, I was meant to say hello first '' Miss Park added quickly chuckling, her eyes already teary at the sight of her niece. 

'' It's okay ''Jiyong said and put his hand on Dara's back, encouraging her. As much as she prepared herself, the moment she saw her aunt she was at a loss of words. For the next minute, no one said anything so Jiyong moved his hand along Dara's back and the movement was like a wake-up call.

She finally bowed then smiled '' How have you been? '' She nervously asked and her aunt couldn't hold her tears any longer but she quickly wiped them away and smiled.

'' I'm sorry but I've been so emotional lately '' She laughed and the couple smiled '' Can I... Can I hug you, please? '' She suddenly demanded, taking them both by surprise. When Dara finally nodded, the older woman immediately moved to her and wrapped her arms around her as tightly as she could. '' I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry for everything '' Miss Park kept on repeating but Dara didn't say anything and just hugged her back. She was trying to keep her tears in herself.

Jiyong was watching them calmly and biting his lower lip, he wanted to give them a moment alone but he promised Dara that he'll be next to her all the time so he just stood there while the aunt and niece hugged each other. He suddenly looked at the door that was still open and the sad smile was replaced by a happy one when he saw Sang Hyun and Naeun both walking towards them.

 

At the throat clearing, Dara and her aunt stepped away from away and looked at the door. Dara was surprised yet gratefully happy that her brother showed up eventually, however, her aunt was speechless. She hadn't seen her nephew in years and the only picture she had of him was when he was barely three years old. He looked bigger, older, and much more like her late brother. 

 

'' Sang Hyun '' She muttered quietly, her tears no longer under her control. Suddenly her cries grew heavier and louder; taking everyone by surprise. Without thinking much, both Dara and Sang Hyun reached for her in an attempt to calm her down. Having them both standing by her sides made the poor woman feel better yet at the same time she felt broken knowing that her brother could never be with them.

 

'' God, I'm so sorry '' She eventually started wiping her tears away and smiled '' I don't know what has gotten into me... I... I was telling myself to not cry but... But seeing you too... I... '' Her voice cracked again, her eyes were instantly filled with more fresh tears, and she bit on her lips hard. 

'' It's okay '' Dara gently assured and gave her one of her soothing smiles although she was struggling not to cry herself. 

'' Are you... Okay? '' Sang Hyun nervously and slowly added. His aunt looked over at him and smiled while nodding her head.

'' You're so big right now '' She chuckled '' The last time I saw you, you were barely three feet tall '' She continued as she looked up at him and studied his face '' You look exactly like Il Sung '' At the mention of his father, Sang Hyun's face change and he looked down and being afraid that something may happen and ruin their meeting, Jiyong quickly interrupted. 

'' I'm sure you'd like to meet his wife, Miss Park '' He suggested and everyone looked at him then at Naeun and indeed, just like he had hoped, the older woman started grinning. Dara hurriedly looked over at him and mouthed a thank you.

'' Hello, Miss Park, it's really nice to meet you '' Naeun quickly greeted and took

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter