Three

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

He was in his office learning his schedule of the day with his secretary. Everything was normal. Kwon Jiyong has become one of the most respected and most powerful businessmen in South Korea and at the young age of 28, he had achieved enough to be envied by every man and wanted by every woman. 

 

He had only been the CEO of Kwon Enterprises for three years but it was enough to make the income tripled and to open five new branches in different parts of the world. 

Kwon Jiyong was the definition of perfection and everyone wanted to be related or seen with him somehow. 

 

‘’ And you also have a meeting at four with Mr. Han and Miss Jung to talk about the progress of the new building ‘’ Soomin informed as she took a glance at her iPad.
‘’ Is that it? ‘’ Jiyong asked as he kept reading the report he had in hand.
‘’ You’re expected to have dinner with the Chinese investors and that would be all for today ‘’ the young woman added as she checked the schedule once more and nodded. 
‘’ Just make sure I won’t have to stay for long with them, I can’t stand their lame jokes every time, got it? ‘’ It was more of a demand than a request.
‘’ Yes, sir ‘’ Soomin quickly replied and taped something on her iPad.
‘’ Okay, you can go now ‘’ he dismissed and the girl bowed before making her way to the door. 

 

Just when Jiyong thought he would keep working in silence, his office door sprung open and a very angry Seungri walked in.

 

‘’ Yah! Kwon Jiyong! Where the hell were you yesterday?! ‘’ the man shouted but it didn’t faze Jiyong a little and he just kept his entire focus on the papers in front of him not even bothering to look at his angry friend. 
‘’ Home ‘’ he simply replied and it only infuriated the younger man who rolled his eyes and trying to keep calm.
‘’ But you promised you’d come to the party! ‘’ 
‘’ I was busy. I had work ‘’ Jiyong nonchalantly answered.
‘’ But it was Daesung’s birthday party! You should have at least came and wished him a happy birthday ‘’ Seungri reasoned as he made himself comfortable on the chair, it was pointless to shout when Jiyong was being a cold-hearted jerk.
‘’ I sent him a message ‘’ Jiyong revealed, his eyes still on his papers as if he was indirectly telling his friend to leave.

 

 Seungri let out a defeated sigh as he took a good look at his stony-hearted friend. He had been like that for ten years. Ever since that cursed trip to London, Jiyong had never been the same.  

 

 

‘’ It’s all because of that girl, right? ‘’ Seungri suddenly asked and it was only then that Jiyong stopped what he was doing.
‘’ Lee Seungri! ‘’ he said in a warning tone as he finally glared at his friend, his left hand turned into fists in front of him and his teeth clenched. He didn't like talking about what happened or even listening to anything related to it.

‘’ What? Am I wrong? ‘’ He defended ‘’ Ever since that stupid trip, you changed. You spent two whole years looking for a girl you didn’t even know her name and then you just completely shut everyone else out of your life. At first, the only thing you did was studying and now it's work. You’re working like a crazy, do you think that’s normal?! ‘’ Seungri continued not caring about the deadly look his friend was sending him. 
‘’ I think you better go, Seungri. I have a meeting in five minutes ‘’ Jiyong said and glared at the younger man before standing up and heading to the door. 
‘’ Just what’s so special about her, huh? Just forget about her already, just like she did. For God’s sake, she didn’t even care about you and just left you there in that hotel room without saying anything. If she wanted you, she would have stayed or at least left something ‘’ Seungri didn’t stop and it made Jiyong stop in the middle of the room his hands were in tight fists.

 

Just when he was about to answer him, someone walked in. 

 

‘’ Mr. Kwon! ‘’ Soomin shouted gaining both men’s attention. 
‘’ What’s wrong? ‘’ 
‘’ Your father… he just had a heart attack and was transformed to the hospital ‘’ the girl informed, breathless. 

 

 

_________________________________________

 

 

 

 Jiyong and Seungri arrived at the hospital half an hour later where they found his stepmother Hye Soo, her niece Yubin and his father’s friend’s daughter, Joo Yeon. 

‘’ What happened? ‘’ he coldly asked the moment he saw them. 
‘’ He was fine. We were having breakfast but then he suddenly held his chest. It happened so fast and before we know it, he fell down ‘’ Hye Soo said through her tears and her niece kept trying to calm her down. 

 

‘’ Oppa, he’ll be fine. You don’t have to worry about him ‘’ Joo Yeon said as she hugged Jiyong who was trying his best not to push her away from him. 
‘’ I am not ‘’ he firmly said and smoothly moved away from her grip.

Yubin smirked when she saw them. Maybe it’s now clear that both girls wanted Jiyong and were determined to marry him. Unfortunately for them, Jiyong wasn’t acknowledging any of them or any other woman in that matter. 

Just then, Youngbae and Seung Hyun arrived. 

‘’ Ji, I just heard. He’ll be fine ‘’ Seung Hyun said. 
‘’ Yeah, I know. You really didn’t have to come ‘’ Jiyong answered as he glared at Seungri who just ignored him and looked around avoiding his eyes.
‘’ No problem, man ‘’ Youngbae quickly replied ‘’ It’s been a long time since we saw you anyway ‘’ he added and for a second, Jiyong felt guilty but of course, he didn't let it show.

 


Everyone sat there in the hospital hall waiting for any information about Mr. Kwon. His wife was still crying and both girls were on her sides. Jiyong however, was acting so normal as if it wasn’t his father the one who nearly died. 


Finally, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter