Thirty two

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

'' What just happened in the last few days? I saw you last week and you never mentioned that you were coming back to Seoul '' Chaerin said as she sipped on her coffee. The moment she heard from Sanghyun that Dara was back she drove to where she was.

'' I didn't know either, Jiyong came to me this morning and told me '' Dara replied as she played with the hair of a sleeping Seungjae.

" This is weird '' Chaerin commented.

'' To be honest... I don't feel good about this and Jiyong has been acting weird ever since the day you left... I don't know what's going on '' Dara shared with a sigh.

'' Is he with his father now? '' Chaerin asked and her friend nodded. 

'' I've tried calling him but his phone is turned off '' 

'' Just give him some time, I'm sure he'll call '' 

'' Anyway... I don't want to keep thinking about this... Let me take Seungjae to his room first then I'll be back to talk '' Dara said then she gently took her nephew in her hands and started walking towards his room. She was still feeling sad that he was leaving her in three days. 

 

 

After a few minutes, Dara was back and found Chaerin already speaking on the phone and by the way she was smiling, she assumed it was Seungri.

 

 

'' Was that Seungri? '' Dara asked once Chaerin hung up and sat next to her.

'' Hmm '' 

'' It looks like things are going good between the two of you '' Dara said feeling genuinely happy for her best friend. 

'' Yeah... I even met his parents two nights ago and all of us had dinner together '' Chaerin shared '' They're really nice people. His father turned out to be actually a funny man... To think about it, I guess he is just like Seungri. His mother was also nice and caring '' She continued. 

'' I'm really happy for you, Chae. You really deserve it '' Dara said and smiled at her friend who suddenly stopped smiling and looked sorrier than ever. '' What? ''

'' I'm sorry... I mean with everything that's been happening with Jiyong's family and everything, it's not good of me to be bragging about Seungri's parents '' She replied and Dara chuckled then flicked her friend's forehead.

'' You idiot. There's nothing wrong with being happy ''

'' You're really okay? '' Chaerin asked with puppy eyes.

'' Of course, I am! So tell me now... What happened at dinner? '' She asked as she turned her body to face her friend's and the two started talking just like the old days and oblivious to what's going to happen. 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________

 

 

 

'' Stop drinking for God's sake! '' Youngbae nearly yelled as he took away the whiskey glass from Jiyong's hand. 

'' Just leave me alone '' Jiyong whispered as he was unable to speak well due to all the alcohol in his blood. 

'' Jiyong... What happened? You weren't planning to come back and then you were suddenly here and now you're only drinking. Just tell us what happened? '' Seunghyun asked as he looked worriedly at his friend. 

'' Is Dara okay? '' Seungri questioned yet Jiyong ignored them and walked towards the bar to get a new drink. 

'' I'm marrying Joo Yeon '' He suddenly announced and everyone froze.

'' What are you saying? '' Seunghyun muttered unable to formulate anything from the shock of the news he just received. 

'' What about Dara? What's happening? '' Youngbae urged yet there was nothing coming out of Jiyong's mouth as he only kept on drinking. 

'' Jiyong don't rush things. We'll find a way, you can't give up yet '' Seunghyun reasoned but Jiyong started laughing scaring the out of all of them. 

'' Ji... '' Seungri was the first one to speak. 

'' I've already given up '' He stated '' I've already given Dara up '' He repeated and then threw away the glass and watched it as turned into pieces at the ground '' I've told Lee that I will agree to whatever he will say '' He continued. 

'' But Jiyong... ''  Seunghyun started to protest but stopped after he heard.

'' He tried to kill her '' He announced and everyone had the shock of their lives once again that night '' That day after you told me that Minsuk was killed... Lee tried to kill Dara. If I wasn't next to her at that moment she would probably be dead by now " He scoffed.

'' We'll help you... We can find a way to protect her '' Seunghyun tried but Jiyong shook his head. 

'' He already killed Minsuk and if it wasn't by luck she would be dead. There's nothing that's going to stop that man except this damn marriage so no one can stop me. I already made my decision '' He stated.

'' But what will happen to Dara? '' Youngbae asked.

'' At least she'll live... Her brother will be able to find a new job... She'll get a new job and she'll still be alive... She may feel bad at first but with time she'll forget and she'll move on '' He then stood '' I'd live if I know that she is alive and well but I'll never ever forgive myself if something happened to her because of me... I'll never live a day if she dies '' He continued his last words came out as a whisper. 

'' Jiyong... '' Seunghyun rushed towards his friend when he nearly fell face down after he tried to stand '' Let's take you home, you've had enough drinks '' 

'' Will you guys be fine? '' Seungri asked.

'' Shall we come with you? '' Youngbae suggested but Seunghyun shook his head.

'' It's fine, I'll see you guys tomorrow '' 

 

 

 

On the road home, Jiyong was watching the building as they passed and at the same time thinking of the time he spent with Dara. 

'' Don't take me home... Please " He begged suddenly.

'' But Jiyong... '' 

'' Please, I don't want to be in that apartment... At least tonight '' He insisted so Seunghyun found himself agreeing so he took him to his own house. 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________

 

 

 

'' Sorry for the mess but I'm packing my stuff to move them to the new house '' Seunghyun apologized once they reached his apartment. However, Jiyong didn't care and just walked drunkenly towards the sofa. 

'' My life is so ed up right now '' Jiyong suddenly said when Seunghyun was removing his shoes.

'' It'll be okay... Everything will be fine '' He tried to assure him but Jiyong laughed instead.

'' No... Nothing will be fine... I'll never be able to have Dara '' He stated '' She'll hate me so much... She'll despise me that she wouldn't even want to see me again '' He continued as he closed his eyes.

'' You still have a chance, Jiyong. You can still be with her and we'll find a way to stop Lee '' Seunghyun tried to convince him but he was still insistent.

'' That man is a monster. He won't stop until he gets what he wants. I can't let him hurt and the only way to protect her is by marrying Joo Yeon. Although this would kill the both of us at least I'll be making sure that she remains alive '' He argued sadly and Seunghyun sighed.

'' At least tell her the truth '' He tried '' She'll be devastated if you just broke up with her and got married to Joo Yeon '' He added.

'' Never '' He answered shaking his head that hurt even more after doing the stupid movement '' If I told her, she would never accept to leave. I can't risk that. Dara and her family are not strong enough to stand up for Lee '' He explained '' This is all my fault. I shouldn't have followed her. I shouldn't have looked for her. I shouldn't have ever talked to her. I should have just left it as something from the past ''

'' You can't keep blaming yourself for what happened '' Seunghyun said.

'' All the self-beating and hatred won't be enough because I am a weak for doing this to the only woman I love but this is the only way to make sure she's safe and that's all I need '' He stated and Seunghyun was at loss of words. He didn't know what to say to convince his friend otherwise. 

 

After a few moments, Jiyong was already asleep.

 

 

'' I hope you won't regret giving up this fast '' Seunghyun muttered before he covered Jiyong up and then left to his own room. 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________

 

 

 

'' Where are you going? '' Chaerin asked as she saw Dara getting ready to go out.

'' I'm going to see Jiyong '' She informed as she wore her sandals. 

'' Oh! Did he call back then? '' She asked again as she sat on the bed and started typing something on her phone.

'' No '' Dara answered with a sigh and stopped moving '' Ever since we got here in Seoul, I haven't even seen him. He told me he'd call but it's been a day already and there's nothing of him. Even his phone is shut down '' She explained with a frown.

'' Have you tried calling one of the guys? '' Chaerin questioned as she finally tossed her phone to the side.

'' Only Seung Hyun, and his phone was turned off as well '' Dara revealed.

'' That's weird, Seungri didn't tell me anything as well '' She shared.

'' I'll just go and see him. I'm praying that nothing bad happened with his father '' 

'' It'll be fine '' She assured '' Oh! Jiyong's birthday is tomorrow! '' She suddenly exclaimed.

'' Mmm '' Dara only hummed as she looked around the room for her phone. 

'' What will you give him? '' Chaerin asked curiously and Dara chuckled.

'' I still haven't decided but... '' She stopped '' It could be something that he really wants '' She added.

'' You're such a tease '' Chaerin scoffed '' Do you want me to drop you off? '' She offered as she stood and took her back but Dara shook her head.

'' I have somewhere else to go to first '' Dara stated as she took her bag and headed to the door with Chaerin following right behind her.

 

 

On their way to the door, the girls met Jaejoong who was holding a food tray.

 

'' Is that for Seungjae? '' Dara asked and he nodded.

'' Are you going out? '' He asked back.

'' Yeah, Chaerin is going home and I have a couple of things to do and then I'll meet Jiyong '' She revealed and he nodded.

'' When will you leave? '' Chaerin asked.

'' After tomorrow at 8 pm, '' Jaejoong answered and looked at Dara who looked down.

'' That's sad... I really love the little boy '' Chaerin commented.

'' He loves you too... And you're welcome to visit at any time, you're part of the family '' Jae offered, mak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter