Chapter 6

Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

•Chaelin• 

Jennie was showing her mom the pictures she had at school festival. 

“Wow you’re so pretty and cute here nini. I wish I could’ve gone to your school festival.” Chaelin said. 

“I don’t mind.” Jennie chuckled. 

“Did you have some fun?” 

“Yes.” Jennie smiled thinking of what happened. “Irene invited me to stay at her house and then..” Jennie continued telling her mom her story. 

“Sounds fun.” Chaelin couldn’t help but smile and drink a water  

I’ve been dreaming of talking like this. A warm talk between mother and daughter. Jennie is always serious about her studies and work. 

“And after that, I got a ring from Jisoo.” Jennie innocently said and Chaelin choked. 

“W-what ring?!” She was shocked. 

What are you doing Kim Jisoo?! Isn’t that too hasty?

”let me see.” She commanded and Jennie obliged. 

“It’s a ring she won from a game.” 

“Oh.. it’s not that kind of ring.” Chaelin was relieved. Not relieved because she don’t like Jisoo for her daughter in fact, she likes Jisoo instead of other guys she doesn’t know around her daughter but it’s because she want Jennie to be ready. 

It’s because Jennie is too precious to her. She don’t want her to get hurt. She wanted Jennie to know what she really feels first. 

“Won’t you wear it?” She asked the moment she saw her daughter putting the ring inside a small box. 

“I don’t like wearing something on my finger and it’s too big for me.” 

“Then just keep it safe and take care of it.” She sighed and Jennie hummed.

“Of course,  it’s the first thing Jisoo gave it to me  

 “By the way, you became quiet busy since you entered the club. Then you have to make up for the time you missed at your part time job.” 

“Yeah. I’ll do my best to expand my social circle and the club isn’t so active usually.” 

“Just don’t push yourself too much, okay?” 

 

•Jisoo• 

Jisoo went to the astronomy club after her class and was surprised when the room was crowded. 

What is this? 

“What’s wrong Jisoo? You’re blocking the way.” Lisa said as her class just ended also. “Woah.” 

“Jisoo! Lisa!” The girls was happy to see the both of them. 

“What’s going on here, Irene?” Jennie asked as she entered the room. 

“These are freshmen applicants.” Irene sighed. She’s exhausted. 

When Irene was trying to get their attention to start the introductions, the girls was too busy talking to Jisoo and Lisa. 

Lisa of course was enjoying it. She likes to talk to girls who likes her. She’s indeed the Lisa who’s known as the ‘freshman oppa’.  

Irene got irritated. 

“Excuse me.” Some guys are also checking out the club. “Is the girl from the school festival here? The waitress one?” They asked and Jisoo tilted her head. She didn’t like that sound of it. 

She went to Jisoo and mess her hair. 

“She’s here.” Jisoo smirked when the guys seed to be shocked at Jennie’s appearance. 

“Are you gonna wear that dress again?” They asked. 

“No. Never again.” Jennie answered. 

“She’ll never gonna wear that in front of you cause I won’t let her.” Jisoo glared at them. The guys were leaving.  

“Did you just embarrassed me right now?” Jennie raised an eyebrow. 

New applicants were leaving when it’s time to go home. The members were exhausted from dealing those fan girls. Except for Lisa who’s enjoying it. 

“I never thoughy they’d be too many.” Irene sighed. 

“It’s okay as long as they can get interested in the astronomy.” Seulgi said calmly while reading a book about astronomy. 

“I should take the opportunity to talk to a variety of people.” Jennie is determined. 

“I doubt you can get close to them. It’s big challenge for you.” Jisoo smirked and glanced at Jennie’s fingers. “What’s w-with the r-ring..” Jisoo blushed. 

Ahhh I can’t asked her! What if she already dumped the ring?! I don’t want to hear it. 

“W-what’s the meaning of the ringworm?!” Jisoo Just facepalmed at her stupid question. 

You should think first on how to improve our relationship before you make friends with strangers. 

 

The next day, Joohyun told them to be nice to the new applicants for them to stay in the club. 

When they started their activities, Seulgi was talking about astronomy excitedly. Too excited that she didn’t noticed no one is listening to her. Joohyun just si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter