Chapter 25

Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dear customer, could you please stop barging in on my working place? Seriously.” Jisoo smiled. “Seriously.” 

“Hmm? Are you really gonna act like that towards the customer? We’re helping you making a profit here. One café au lait please.” Joohyun giggled. 

“Damn it.” Jisoo mumbled. 

“Milk ice cream.” Jennie said and looked at Jisoo from the menu. “Sorry, I told her we’d be bothering you but..” 

“I-it’s alright you’re not a bother. It’s just that.. it’s kinda embarrassing having you watching me work.. well, as long as you don’t talk to me too much. I don’t really mind.” Jisoo was rumbling. 

“You’re the one doing all the talking though.” Joohyun shook her head. 

“Irene, is that a travel magazine?” Jennie asked. 

“Yes. It’s almost time for summer. We need to get an reservation into an inn.” 

“Summer trip?” 

“Yes. We only had an overnight trip back in spring, but this time, it’ll last 3 days and 2 nights.” Joohyun looked at the magazine. “Our budget is small, so we need to find some cheap place. We’ve used Jisoo’s summer villa so many times already, I’m starting to feel bad about it.” 

“You’re right.” 

“How about you jen? Do you have a place you want to go?” 

“Not really. But rather..” Jennie smiled. “If we’re all together, im sure well have fun no matter where we go.” 

“Jennie!! Come here!” Joohyun hugged Jennie. She just find the brunette so cute. 

“Dear customer, could you stop flirting inside the store.” Jisoo glared. 

“Shut up jis.” Joohyun shrugged. 

“But we have exam before the trip.” Jennie said. 

“Oh right.” Joohyun sighed. 

 

 

Another day come and they are in school cafeteria talking. 

“I was wondering where we could go this summer.” Joohyun said. 

“Yeah right. It’s almost summer.” Jisoo nodded. 

“I was thinking it would be nice to go somewhere else this year.” Joohyun looked at Lisa. “Lisa, your phone keeps on ringing.” 

“Sorry about that.” Lisa sighed. “My parents have been bugging me about going back to that place for the summer. I’d rather be back in Thailand than there.” 

“You wont go? Why not?” 

“I’ve come all the way here and I don’t want to go back to that countryside. Besides I don’t want to see my father.“ Lisa frowned. “He’s really annoying and stubborn.” 

“But he’s paying your tuition, right?” Jennie inserted. 

“Hah! If I’m going home they’re just gonna make me work! No one would want to go to an inn in the middle of nowhere.” 

“Jen, don’t do that. Logic only makes people angry.” Joohyun giggled. 

“Oh you’re parents run an inn?” Jisoo asked. 

“It’s just a small inn. Just like a farmer’s inn.” Lisa shrugged and she looked at Joohyun who’s eyes are sparkling. “Hey.. Wait.. no, don’t tell me..” 

“Lisa, you said you were sick looking at the stars back then so it means we can clearly see stars there!” Joohyun said happily. “Lisa, your family would be happy if you go home and we’d be happy to go on a trip. No problem at all right?” 

“I have a problem with that!” 

“True.. you should at least go home.” Jisoo smirked. 

“Indeed. I feel sorry for your parents.” Jennie said. Lisa’s phone rang again. 

“Answer the phone Lisa.” Jisoo keeps on teasing Lisa. 

“Exactly, how could you ignore them.” Jennie said seriously. Lisa sighed and answered the call. 

“Hello..” 

“Lisa! Why won’t you answer your phone?!” 

“I’m eating with the seniors here at my circle.” 

“Oh I should greet them.” 

“No you don’t have to.” Lisa said and Joohyun snatched the phone. 

“Hello? Is this Lisa’s mom? I’m from her circle, my name’s Bae Joohyun.” Joohyun smiled. 

“Oh thanks for taking care of Lisa.” 

“Not at all. Your daughter is popular here in our circle.” Joohyun giggled. “Just now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter