Chapter 51

Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

•Jisoo• 

Jisoo prepared herself to go out with Jennie and was excited for it. She put her coat on before leaving. 

December 24th. Despite having spent the part ten years together, this is the first time I’ll be spending Christmas with Jennie. 

 

-Last year- 

“you’re just going to be alone on Christmas like always, right? Since I feel sorry for you, you can spend it with me if you want.” Jisoo was smirking and arrogantly said to Jennie. 

“I celebrate it with my mom ever year so no need.” Jennie answered it plainly. 

——— 

I should’ve given it a try anyway since I’ve got nothing to lose . I’ll use the money I earned from my part time job to pay for today’s Christmas expenses. 

Jisoo was about to leave when Dara asked made Jisoo gulped. “Jisoo, are you going somewhere?” 

“Yeah  I won’t be here for dinner either .” Jisoo said. 

“Tell Jennie I said hi.” Dara grinned. 

“Good luck.” Her Dad giggled. 

“She’s going to come home before midnight anyways.” Jin sister with a smug smile. 

“Just shut up!” Jisoo blushed. she opened the door and was stopped again. 

“Jisoo, you forgot the car keys.” Jiyong said. 

“I don’t need it. I’m taking the train today. See you later.” She left. 

 

 

•Jennie• 

jennie was standing at their meeting place waiting for Jisoo. 

In the end, I didn’t know what to get for her Christmas present. I’m bad at coming up with gift ideas and such as usual..  

asking Jisoo directly would be the most efficient method. It works with mom as well. 

Come to think of it, I’ve never given a gift to someone else before. 

“Jennie.” Jisoo greeted her. “Did you wait long?” 

“No.” 

“Just look at the crowd.” Jisoo looked at her surroundings as well as Jennie 

“Yeah.”

More like this is full of couples. 

She looked at Jisoo. Why did Jisoo ask me out today? It’s probably because she got turned down by her girlfriend, and on top of that, her friends didn’t ask her to hang out, so she decided to ask me.. 

“Poor Little Jisoo..” 

“why’re you suddenly pitying me?” Jisoo frowned. 

“Hey you two over there.” A girl with a cute Santa dress approached them with a microphone together with a camera man. “We’re currently running a broadcast. Where we interview couples on Christmas. Would you like to give our game a try?” 

“Youll win a prize if you succeed. Si how about it?” She added. 

C-couple? 

“No, were just fri-“ Jennie haven’t finished her sentence when Jisoo covered . 

“Let’s try it. We’ll just pretend.” She whispered and the brunette’s just nodded. “We’ll give it a go. Since we’re totally a couple.” 

Does she want the prize that badly? 

“Oh that’s some nice motivation,” the girl cheered. “Well then, the aim of the game is to raise the bar with this hammer until it reaches Santa Claus. This is your chance to impress your girlfriend.” The girl gives Jisoo the hammer when Jennie walks over and smack it with her bare hands which made them surprised. 

“Is that what I’m supposed to do?” Jennie asked innocently. 

“R-read between the lines, will you?! I was gonna hit it!” Jisoo was sulking. 

“Well you want the prize, don’t you Jisoo? I have a higher probability of winning it, so..” 

“Just shut up!” 

“Since you succeeded, here’s your prize.” The girl gave Jennie the prize. 

“Thank you.” 

“And lastly, what does you girlfriend mean to you? Give her a love message.” The girl asked Jennie. 

“Good job reporter.” Jisoo said in her mind. “Remember we’re acting.” She whispered. 

Act.. 

“Jisoo..” Jennie was thinking deep. “I’ve been with her for ten years now, so I can’t even start to imagine life hithout her..” 

that’s right. This doesn’t have to be love related. 

“If I were to put it in a single sentence, then..” she looked at Jisoo. “I'd like to be with her in the future as well.” 

“O-o-Okay.” Jisoo covered her red face. 

Jisoos acting weird. 

“And that was the smooth girlfriend! I hope you’ll have a wonderful future together.” The reporter said. 

 

 

Meanwhile, at Lisa’s apartment where Taehyung, Jungkook and Dahyun was there eating kimchi stew. 

“Why did I have to watch something like that?!” Dahyun pouted. She was heartbroken when her girlfriend, Momo broke up with her. 

“The alcohol suddenly tasted bad.” Taehyung bitterly said and Jungkook agreed. 

“I hope that Kim Jisoo girl stub her toe every hour.” Lisa mumbled. They were like having an ‘astronomy circle’s stew party for singles. 

“But look on the bright side! We’ve got Chaey-“ 

“don’t you dare mention me!” Chaeyoung was there too sober. “Why do I have to spend Christmas with you while eating stew and watching that on TV?!” She was sulking. 

“You reap what you sow, right?” Lisa rolled her eyes. 

“Shut you mouth Lisa.” Taehyung scolded. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter