Chapter 55

Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

•Jisoo• 

Back at the primary school when Jennie was being introduced by their teacher and Jisoo was just looking at her boringly. “This is Jennie Kim, who has just transferred to our class today. Please treat her kindly, okay?” 

“She looks so plain and gloomy. I can tell from just her entire appearance that she’s poor.” Jisoo thought. 

 

From the day we first met, who would have thought that this day would come. 

“Congratulations.” People were saying the moment they arrive. There was Lisa standing at her suit holding an envelope. 

“Lisa.” Joohyun called her. The astronomy circle on was there. 

“It’s been a long time since we all gathered together like this.” Taehyung smiled. 

“Well, we only have been seeing each other occasionally.” Lisa said. 

“When was the last time we met up like this?” Jungkook asked. 

“But to think Jennie surpassed me, just like that..” Joohyun smirked making Seulgi gulped. “It would be my time soon.” 

They are all have their work and Seulgi is working as researcher for a private company and Joohyun thinks they were capable of moving their relationship forward. 

“I thought you guys would get married first.” Dahyun said which have reconciled with her girlfriend. 

“Well, I took a doctoral course, and it’s only been two years since I started working, so in terms of income, things are quite tight at the moment.” Seulgi said. 

“I’ll be waiting. I’ll save up too.” Joohyun said. 

“Sorry. I’ll work harder.” Seulgi said holding her girlfriend’s hand. 

“There’s a tough road ahead of you. Huh.” Dahyun smiled. 

“What about you guys? Surely, you must have your love story t..” Joohyun asked. “Oh never mind. Forget I asked. 

“How come?! You never know, but I might have a girlfriend or boyfriend already?!” Taehyung whined. 

“So do you have one?” 

“No!” Taehyung pouted when Joohyun laughed. 

“After his first day working there, all he could say was ‘seriously can’t do this I wanna go home.” Lisa teased when she remembered that time when they met up with Jisoo. 

“You don’t have to tell them that!” 

“On the other hand, Lisa’s working at a large trading firm. I bet you’re super popular.” Joohyun said. 

“No.” 

“What about a girlfriend for you, then?” 

“I’m not seeing anyone at the moment.” Lisa looked down. “More like.. things never work out. After some time, I get a feeling that this isn’t what she was expecting and I don’t know what to do.” 

“Like I said, you get involved with the wrong types.” 

“Chaeyoung!” Joohyun hugged her and Lisa was glaring. 

“This is all your fault for putting on an act and not being honest with yourself you know.” She continued. 

“Isn’t That Rośe? The popular songwriter and singer?” One of the guests said and approached her. 

“Excuse me. Can we take a photo with you?” 

“Of course.” 

“I don’t want to hear those words from you of all people, not even my funeral.” Lisa countered. 

“They’re not getting along as always.” Joohyun mumbled. 

“Rośe? What the heck was that? ‘She’s a horrible one’ is what they all say, didn’t you know?” Lisa shrugged. 

“Shut up. That’s what my character is like.” 

“And you’re telling me to be honest with myself? Pretty funny joke if you ask me.” 

“Look, I didn’t think they’d fall for it, okay? I’ve got no choice!” Chaeyoung pouted. “Now I’ve got no choice but to aim for the top! I hate losing after all.” 

“In that case stop complaining. I don’t want to know about the darkness of the entertainment world.” Lisa said. 

“Huh? Who do you’ve think is letting you go to mixers with these female celebrities?” 

“I only went a couple of time! And don’t you know you have really bad drinking habit?! You’re always wailing and screaming, ‘I don’t think I can get married!’ At the end of it every single time!” Lisa scoff. 

“Right back at you! You’re always calling me right after you break up with someone and I don’t even get what you’re saying half the time! Can’t you stop?!” 

Joohyun was just watching them amused. “Why don’t you two just start dating already!” 

“No way in hell.” They said in unison and both were blushing. 

“Well, they both use quite vulgar language at times.. they’re two sides of the same coin I guess.” Joohyun thought. “Partners in crime.” 

“Good luck Chae.” Dahyun said. While Seulgi patted Lisa’s shoulder saying she’s supporting her. 

“You know.. can’t you guys have a decent conversation at someone else’s wedding?” A woman wearing a suit  catches their attention. 

“Oh Jisoo!” Joohyun grinned. “Perfect timing, get me some juice.” 

“I’d like another cup of coffee too.” Lisa said. 

“You guys!” Jisoo was sulking. 

“I’m just joking. Congrats Jisoo!” Joohyun laughed. 

“I shouldn’t have invited them.” She mumbled. 

“What are you mumbling about? Did they chase you out of the waiting room?” 

“N-no!” Jisoo remembered what happened earlier. “I was wandering around in front of the bride’s waiting. Room, expecting Jennie, until..” 

“Jisoo, that’s irritating. Go somewhere else.” 

“He told me that.” 

“Is Kim Corp. going to be okay with a girl like this succeeding it?” Lisa whispered. 

“Well, it usually never works out for her, so it depends on Jennie.” Joohyun answered. These two really love teasing Jisoo. 

“Hey, i can hear you!” Jisoo is now 27 years old, currently training at an affiliated com

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter