Chapter 47

Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

•Jisoo• 

Saturday came and Jisoo was smiling while greeting and getting customer’s order. 

“Excuse me, can I place my order?” The customer asked. 

“Yes. Wait a minute please.” Jisoo flashed her smile. 

Damn it! I totally forgot that I have a part time Job today. There’s no way that old man would go as far as finding out specific dates. 

Even so, how did he schemed it? That happens in lot of dramas. “That girl doesn’t suit you at all!” Something like that. 

Ah geez, what’s that old man thinking? 

“Welc-“ Jisoo was about to greet when the chime rang indicating there’s a new costumer but was cut off when she saw her dad and Jennie. 

“Hi.” Jiyong grinned. “I just wanted to see what you look like when you’re working hard Jisoo. I had Jennie show me around.” 

“Youre making Jennie do too mu-“ 

“I apologize Ms. Jennie. Lately, I haven’t really been able to go out with son and daughter and lately, my daughter has been acting cold. Moreover, I’m acting selfishly and asked too much of you.” Jiyong wiped the corner of his eyes as if he’s crying. 

“Not at all. I’m fine accompanying him anywhere.” Jennie said and Jiyong was grinning and having a peace sign to her daughter. “Jisoo, that’s not a good attitude to have towards your father.” 

“Why are you so considerate or everybody, except for me?” Jisoo pouted. The two sat and was looking at the menu while ordering. 

“I’ll have black coffee.” Jiyong ordered. 

“Uhm. I’ll have milk flavored ice cream.” Jennie said. 

“Of course.” Jisoo wrote their orders and glared at Jennie. She waved her hand like shooing a dog or a cat and mouthed, “hu.rry.up.and.go.home!” 

Jennie doesn’t get what Jisoo was saying and wondered if Jisoo’s hand hurts. 

“This really suits her, doesn’t it?” Jiyong started a conversation that brought Jennie’s attention. 

“I’ve heard that their profit increased since Jisoo worked here.” 

“Even so, Jisoo isn’t grateful to her mother and me that she was born with that face.” Jiyong chuckled. 

“Jisoo is good with dealing people. I think she’s happy when she tends customers.” Jennie answered and Made Jisoo’s father smile. 

“I see. A lot of male and females are attracted to her looks. How about you Ms. Jennie?” 

“Her looks?” Jennie was thinking because it’s not something that she considered before. She stared at the working Jisoo. 

On the other hand, Jisoo felt like Jennie has been gazing at her for a while now. She smirked and acted cool  

C-could it be that I look cool when I work?! Can’t be helped huh? 

“I’m used to seeing her so I don’t feel anything special.” Jennie answered.

”is that so?” Jiyong laughed. 

 

•Jennie• 

This man is Jisoo’s father. 

“This cafe has a very nice atmosphere, doesn’t it? I wonder if I should come here more often.” Jiyong grinned. 

“Please don’t come again.” Jisoo shrugged. 

“Now then, Ms. Jennie., where shall we go next?” Jiyong asked. 

“Wait! Where are you going now?!” Jisoo whined. 

“Let’s see. I want to try and see the places Ms. Jennie usually goes.” 

Is he doing an extreme background check? 

“M-m-me too!” Jisoo frowned. 

“You still have work chu.” Her dad giggled. 

“See you later Jisoo.” Jennie said. 

 Jisoo was sulking when the two left her and was forced to smile to greet the customers. 

“The places I usually go to?” Jennie asked Jiyong. 

“Yeah. Can you show me around?” 

“Okay..” Jennie shrugged and saw an old woman who was about to go to a overpass and was struggling with her things. “Are you Okay?” 

“Oh my..” the old lady startled. 

“Shall I carry your luggage.” Jiyong was about to carry but it was heavy for him. 

“I’ll carry it.” Jennie said and carried the luggage. The father felt the same thing that his daughter did the other day. 

 

After they helped the the old lady, they proceed to their walk. 

“This is the place I usually go.” Jennie said. 

“A supermarket?” 

“Yes. The supermarket here offers limited time sales.” 

“I see.” 

“Next to this supermarket has fresh meat. While this one sells affordable vegetables.” Jennie was pointing stores. “On the other hand, this supermarket has fish.” 

“Jennie, you’re well informed about supermarkets, aren’t you?” 

“I-I’m not..” Jennie feels shy. “There’s another supermarket that’s about a thirty minute walk from-“ 

“that’s enough supermarkets!” Jiyong complained. 

“Is that so? Then, next we can go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter