Chapter 43

Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

•Jisoo• 

Jisoo went back to her apartment after she dropped off Jennie. She went immediately to her room and took off her coat and stared at her bed. 

Its been so busy these past few days, I’m exhausted. I’ve got school pretty early tomorrow, I should hurry up and sleep. 

Uh.. this is the bed where Jennie slept. Now I won’t be able to sleep again. Sigh. 

“Joohyun?” She peek at her phone when it ring for messages. 

“It’s almost Lisa’s birthday! There’s something I want to discuss with everyone tomorrow, so if you could stop by the club tomorrow we could have a meeting there.” She read the text. 

Lisa’s birthday huh. 

“Lisa is kind and strong, she’s an amazing person.” Jisoo remembered what Jennie said. 

Damn it! What actually happened between those two? Lisa just keeps saying ‘I would never tell you’. 

Nah it’s nothing to do with me, I shouldn’t worry. I should stop making senseless assumption. I’m also doing my best, am I? 

Yeah well I uh.. 

— 

“Jisoo, don’t crouch in front of the door, if you do that, I can’t get through.” Jennie said as she saw Jisoo crouching in front of the door in their clubroom. 

“Jennie..” Jisoo giggled and both of them went together. 

“Jenjen! You were able to come too.” Irene said. 

“Yeah. I’ll just slip out half way through.” 

“That’s fine, thanks.” They sat down. 

“Jisoo, thanks for yesterday.” Jennie said. 

“Well, uh mom kinda force you. Do you have prep school today?” 

“Yes. That’s why I can only stay for a little bit.” Jennie said. “I heard it’s Lisa’s birthday soon and I wanted to help even just for a little.” 

“J-Jennie, what do you mean by that?” Jisoo pouted. 

“I’m sick and tired of this business seminars!” Taehyung came whining. 

“Why are you here? The seminar is still ongoing.” They all said and Taehyung was sulking. 

“Come on guys and comfort me. My wounded and tired soul!” He dramatically said. 

“Isn’t it a bit early complaining about this?” Jisoo asked. 

“Jisoo, you’ve got it so good. You’re the promised CEO of a huge company resort.” Taehyung said. “Speaking of that, can’t you use your communications about this?” 

“I can’t. I don’t have that kind of authority.” 

“What?” 

“Besides, I don’t really know about me joining the company.” Jisoo sighed and Jennie was shocked. 

“Okay, that’s enough of this idle today. So the next activity day, it’s going to be Lisa’s birthday.” Joohyun said gaining their attention. “If it were any other day we’d just let her know in advance, and have some sort of a simple party. But since it’s on our club activity day, why don’t we make it a surprise?” 

“Mm. That sounds fun.” Dahyun said. 

“Right? I want us to have an enthusiastic and fun celebration.” 

“Like we could fly off some party poppers or you know something.” Taehyung said. 

“Well, that’s well given.” Jisoo smiled. “A surprise like that would make that girl’s eyes water.” 

All they didn’t know is that, Lisa heard all of that. 

 

•Lisa• 

lisa came and was about to open the door when she heard that they would surprise her. 

I-I overheard the whole thing. Why did Joohyun sent me a text about meeting here? 

What should I do? It’d would be better if I just left, right? 

“What are you doing?” A girl came. “If you’re not gonna go in, move.” Lisa got panicked and dragged the girl to hide. 

“What are you doing?!” Chaeyoung whispered as she contain herself not to blush. Lisa just covered using her hand. 

“I-it was a mistake.” 

They both went outside sitting on a bench near the club room. Lisa told Chaeyoung what just happened. 

“So you overheard them talking about surprising you.” 

“Come on, J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter