Chapter 40

Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

•Jisoo• 

Jisoo was still holding Jennie’s hand while walking. 

This girl, saying things like ‘let’s be friends forever.’ And yet she made a face like that. I have no idea what she’s thinking. 

Wait.. I know my eyes must suffer from that kind of thick filter. So even I thought I saw that, in reality it must have looked like she’s just sleepy. 

Yeah. Just a sleepy face not that cute one which I think I was just mistaken. 

Well, anyways I won’t let myself get carried away like last time. Even now, I mean she probably just grabbed my hand out in confusion. 

She most likely isn’t thinking anything about it. 

 

•Jennie• 

Jennie was staring at the their hands. Which is Jisoo was holding her hand. 

Jisoo holds my hand often but how can she hold someone else’s hand when she has someone she likes? 

Well, two friends holding hands are normal right? No, Jisoo holding hands with another person. I wouldn’t like that. 

Its hopeless, I didn’t have enough knowledge or experience to evaluate this situation. For now, that book is my only hope. 

“Jennie, is there somewhere you want to go?” Jisoo asked her. 

“Well..” Jennie was thinking. 

What did the book say? Oh yeah tip number 37. 

“If you want to get closer to your date, go somewhere where it’s just the two of you.” 

“K-karaoke or something.” 

“Jennie? You? Why?” Jisoo was a bit shocked. 

“It’ll be because it’s just the two of us.” Jennie looked at her. 

“To hey your date alone, put on those uptuned eyes and a duck face. Use your cuteness to appeal.” 

Jennie did what she had read on the book she bought. She looked at Jisoo more like glaring and smiled forcefully to look make a duck face while saying “I want to be alone with you.” 

Jisoo freaked out. She feels like Jennie want to kill her or something. 

Both of them arrived at the said karaoke place. 

“Jennie, is this your first time ?” 

“Yes.” Jennie looked around at the room they just rented. 

“Thought so.” Jisoo smiled. 

 

•Jisoo• 

 Jisoo was a bit scared of Jennie based on the brunette’s actions earlier but she just shrugged off. 

Even if she meant that, the face she made was just too... uh. Joohyun probably gave her all sorts of weird suggestions. What’s her plan? 

How should I make sense of what she said just now? I can’t let my guard down. 

“So How should we start this?” Jennie asked. 

“Look for a song you want to sing first, the you input it and then it’ll start playing.” Jisoo taught her how to input and Jennie tried to input her song. 

Jisoo was excited to see and hear Jennie sing and the moment the brunette sings, Jisoo’s has dropped in disbelief. 

“Twinkle twinkle little star. How I wonder what you are..” 

the song she chose, dear God. Of all songs why nursery rhymes. 

“This was pretty fun!” Jennie said excitedly. 

“Yeah for sure it’s great.” Jisoo massaged the bridge of her nose. 

“Jisoo, what’s wrong?” Jennie sat beside her. “You should sing too.” 

“Sure pick one that you know.” 

“Okay.” Jennie frowned when she forgot how to input. “What should I press?” She learned much closer to Jisoo. 

“Hmm?” Jisoo blushed. She taught Jennie how to operate again. 

I just realized. Now that I think about that. The karaoke, just the two of us, behind locked door, lights dimmed low. It’s a full combo. 

Never the less, not even this situation can make me falter. I’m making a fresh start in life. 

It’s a trap right? That’s it she must be tired that’s why. She’s just resting on my shoulders. But of now, I’ll use my power to restrain myself.  

“The book said, ‘casually get close’ in a situation like this, yet Jisoo isn’t reacting at all.” Jennie thought. “I’m the only one who’s heart is beating so fast.” 

Geez. What is this, Jennie should Really put herself in my shoes. 

“Did you pick one?” Jisoo asked. 

“Almost. Oh this one!” Jennie said. Jisoo was excited to sing for Jennie. 

“Baby shark todotododot..” Jisoo sang. 

Ah.. nursery rhymes.. I’m singing a nursery rhymes at karaoke.  

 

•Jennie• 

after Jisoo sang, Jennie complimented her a lot. 

“You really captured the essence of a shark!” Jennie said. “Your pronunciation is great too! I als

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter