Chapter 39

Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

•Jennie• 

Jennie called Joohyun through phone and told her about what happened. 

“I see. So Lisa finally had an honest talk with you.” Joohyun smiled. “Well, you did your best.” 

“After this, what should I do if I run into Lisa? I hope it’ll be okay.” 

“Everything’s Fine isn’t it? She’ll probably treat you normally. So if that will happen just do the same and you’ll be good.” 

“B-but.” Jennie knew it would be difficult for her. 

“Look, your rejection must have hurt her feelings. There’s nothing you can do. You seem really down about it, but that doesn’t mean she’s also sulking. And if your feeling guilty, you might be being rude towards Lisa.” 

“Am I really...” 

“hey, it might be difficult but Lisa’s feelings are her own problem. Jennie, there’s nothing you can do about it and just put your feelings first.” 

 

The  next morning, Jennie went to school. 

Wow there’s so many things I don’t understand. Irene is really amazing. 

“Oh sorry.” Someone bumped into her. “Oh.” They both said and the person smiled. 

What should I do? What did Irene told me? 

“Good morning.” Lisa greeted her. 

“G-good morning.” Jennie stuttered and Lisa giggled. 

“Well, see you at the club.” She left and Jennie was just watching her from the back until it disappeared into her sight. 

 

•Lisa• 

After she left Jennie, she leaned into a tree at the back of the school and heave a sigh. 

How awkward was that? My heart is in pieces. Was that all okay? Did I act normally? 

I gotta keep this at the club huh? Resigning would probably make me relax. 

“What the heck are you doing there Jisoo?” Lisa stared at the bushes. 

“Hey! What a coincidence this is?” Jisoo laughed leaves on her hair. 

How can you say that if you’re hiding in the bushes. 

“Well, I wanted to ask you what did you guys do yesterday. Uh. Like I care.” Jisoo laughed again. 

She seems desperate. This is so frustrating but in the end, those two.. and the club..  

“look, I..” 

“I won’t say it.” Lisa smirked. 

“Hmm?” 

“I’ll never tell you. Because you’re the person I hate the most.” She stick her tongue out to provoke Jisoo. Well, it’s not like that, the both of them are friends in the end. They just act like that. 

“Why you?! I was an idiot for forgiving you.” Jisoo was sulking. 

Its fine. I’ll just keep moving steadily forward. 

 

•Jisoo•

Jisoo was on her way to the library. 

Damn I was stupid of asking Lisa. Of course I am, she’s my rival afterall. 

I could ask Jennie but that would be bad. I mean I always care what about those two are up to when they are together. It’s just I can’t help it but be curious. 

“So on Sunday, I wonder how did it go with Lisa?” She asked as she sat beside Jennie who was reading. 

“Lisa is..” Jennie’s eyes were started to get teary. “So kind, strong and she’s really an amazing person.” 

Is this bringing up the tears of gratitude? All I’ve gotten is a declaration of friendship! I’m really falling behind. I need to start making a comeback. 

 

•Jennie• 

Jennie wiped her tears away and looked at Jisoo. 

How long will I keep crying? This is no good. My feelings for Jisoo are.. 

“hey.” Jisoo rested her chin on her palm and looked at Jennie. “So if you went somewhere with Lisa, you should go somewhere with me too.” 

“Hmm?” 

“What? It’s fine. It’s totally not weird. Cause we’re friends.” Jisoo reasoned out. 

“I-Okay?” 

“Really?! For real? No.. so when are you free?” Jisoo was rambling. She’s too excited. “Geez it’s time for my next class. Text me which day is your free time. Wherever you want to go I’ll go with you no matter where.” She smiled and left. 

 

At lunch, Jennie told Joohyun about it. 

“That’s a date!” Joohyun said. 

“Huh? I don’t think it’s something like that though.” Jennie frowned. 

“After this, you don’t have class right? Let’s go shopping.” 

“No but i need to study.” 

“Yeah studying is important but for now, this is your priority.” Joohyun dragged Jennie and went to the mall. 

 

“I-it fits but..” Jennie said in the fitting room. 

“Come on let me see it.” Joohyun said and Jenn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter