Chapter 42

Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

•Jisoo• 

jennie ended up staying the night, and then Jisoo’s mom came.

”Jis..” Dara glared. “Jisoo, you didn’t come back home to visit because..” 

“Wait! We’re friends! See, all this stuff happened, so she just had to spend the night. That’s it!” Jisoo explained. 

“Jisoo! I don’t remember raising you to be the type of girl that secretly hides her lover from her own parents.” Dara narrowed her eyes to Jisoo. 

“I’m telling you, you’re wrong.” Jisoo defended. 

“Could it be that she’s thinking we’re dating?” Jennie thought. 

“I forgot the keys at home and I didn’t have a place to stay. Out of pure kindness, she let me stay over. She was overcome her sense of duty. She’s truly a friend.” Jennie said unconsciously she stabbed Jisoo with her words especially the friend word. 

“Is that so?” Dara nodded and looked at Jennie. “Huh, you’re.. don’t tell me, you’re that ‘Jennie Kim’ that would come over at our house back in high school?” 

“Oh, yes. Thank you for being kind to me back then.” 

“Oh my.” Dara smirked. “Why this is.. weren’t you already rejected by her?” She whispered to her daughter. 

“I never, ever, said that she rejected me.” Jisoo whispered back with a frowning eyebrows. 

“Ah. You know, whatever. I’ll take Jennie home after breakfast, and then I’ll give in. I’ll head over to the house.” Jisoo massaged her nape. 

“Jennie, you should come over to the house with us.” Dara invited Jennie. 

“Yah!” Jisoo dragged her mom away from Jennie. “Why?” 

“It’s alright, just leave it to me.” Dara giggled. “Your mom will be your little cheerleader.” She turned around to talk to Jennie again. “Say Jennie, why don’t we have lunch together.” 

“Uhm. But..” Jennie was about to decline the offer. 

“Sushi! Let’s have sushi!” 

Shes luring Jennie with food! 

“Jennie probably has an errands today.” Jisoo found an excuse. 

“I mean, I have a tutoring on evening.” Jennie said. 

“Well, if it’s in the evening then I guess everything works out.” Dara smiled and Jisoo was sulking cause she wants to spend the morning with Jennie alone. 

But.. this was our rare morning together. Why?! Why can’t things just go smoothly?! 

 

— 

The three of them went directly to the Kim’s residence. 

“Welcome back.” Jin opened the door and greeted them lazily. “Huh?” She was confused why Jennie was with them. 

“Oh! It’s Jennie.” Their mom said happily. 

“It’s been a while.” Jin smiled. 

“She was staying at Jisoo’s place so I invited her over.” She said and dragged Jennie inside. “Then let’s go upstairs. Uhm. Mrs. Lee, prepare some tea for us.” 

“She stayed over?” Jin asked the moment Jennie and Dara went upstairs. 

“It was really just lodging. Just helping out.” Jisoo answered not looking at jin. 

“Hmm.. so did you make a move?” Jin smirked. 

“I did.. not!” Jisoo blushed and covered her face. 

“She tried.” Jin thought. 

This , I feel so guilty. I realy shouldn’t have done that. I wonder if I can face her again. 

Jennie and Dara was enjoying their time until Jisoo came. 

“This is the time when she took a bite at the bell pepper and it made her cry.” Dara chuckled as she showed Jennie a baby pictures of Jisoo. 

“Yah! What are you showing to her?” Jisoo was embarrassed. 

“The photoalbums. Covering the 20 years of my adorable miracle.” Dara smiled. 

“Stop! It’s embarrassing.” 

“Embarrassing?” Dara Glared at  Jisoo which made the latter startled. “Now, which part of your blessed life do you think is embarrassing?” 

“My apologies, nothing like that exists.” 

“Thats right isn’t it. Oh your mother is so relieved.” Dara smiled again. 

“What kind of idiot oposses mom?” Jin said as he went up to them. 

This is why I never.. 

“Ah this is her fifth grade sports day.” Dara pointed a picture of Jisoo and Jisoo was just sulking while listening to them. 

“This is when I transferred to this school.” Jennie said. 

“Hmm. Is that so?” She smiled. “This is her, sulking after her first loss at the relay race.” 

“Awe. Really?” Jennie found it adorable. 

Thats you’re fault Jennie! 

“After that, she went through this phase where she wanted to quit cram school.” 

“Really?” Jennie chuckled. 

That was her fault too. 

“She was such a daddy’s girl too. She was trying to be just like her dad.” She showed a picture of Jisoo hugging her dad. “Then, all of the sudden, she stopped imitating him. It made her father feel a little bit down for a while.” 

“It was probably her rebellious age.” 

“It was, wasn’t it?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter